• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

The Wish List

MDGoonah41

Established Member
schneiderlin would be awesome here, but his contract runs through 2017 so he wont go anytime soon. would be a great option to play next to ramsey in the middle.

Floating

Established Member
MDGoonah41 said:
schneiderlin would be awesome here, but his contract runs through 2017 so he wont go anytime soon. would be a great option to play next to ramsey in the middle.

I can only imagine how obnoxious it would be to play against that midfield - two terriers with great engines constantly hounding you.

Anzac

Established Member
AW still has an opportunity to make a statement.

GK - Begovic
CB - Rami/Sakho
RB - Lichtsteiner/Uchida
CM - Cabaye/Khedira
WF - Di Maria
ST - Benzema/Shrek

outlaw_member

Established Member
------------Benzema
Cazorla----------------Di Maria
-------Cabaye-Khedira
-----------Arteta
Gibbs-Koscielny-Mertesacker-Sagna
-----------Szczesny

truth_hurts

but Holding’s hair transplant was painless
Williams and Cabaye/Fellaini in for Saturdays game.

Begovic and Di Maria/Benzema in for next week.

Would be over the moon.

truth_hurts

Floating said:
Front four of:

Walcott - - Cazorla - - Di Maria
- - - - - - - - Benzema - - - - - - -

A mod could ban me for this comment but I think that would be on the same level (slightly lower) as the invincibles front 4. All 4 of those players could get into any other premiership squad. Ox, Podolski, Wilshere/Rosicky and Giroud is hardly bad back up either.

mavelous

Tinfoil hat aficionado
ban? :shock: not sure about that, but Bergkamp damn you, how dare you truth!!!! :twisted:

i want theo van nasregas back :(

Cruisio

Established Member
I'm sorry but that's nowhere near as good as Henry, Bergkamp, Pires and Ljungberg

Have you forgotten just how good some of those players were?

Henry is up there as arguably the best striker the Premiership has ever seen and should have won at least one World Player of the Year trophy, have ANY of those players come close to that? No

Pires as well was basically better than every player there. Before he did his first knee ligament he was the best player in the world at the time. Yet again none of those players can say they've even been near that conversation

Bergkamp...what is there to say? Pure genius as a footballer, head and shoulders above anyone on that list

Ljungberg is a funny one. He was certainly better than Walcott is right now but not as good as the others

Either way, ridiculous shout

YeahBee

Terrible hot takes
I love Ljungberg but in all honesty he wouldn't have been that special in any other team, it is like he fit a niche in that particular team and had some strength that just made it work

Gervais

Established Member
Begovic (15m), Flamini (Free), Matic (15m) Di Maria (25m), Benzema (40m).

Total = 95m.

------------------Begovic
-----Sagna - Mert - Kos - Gibbs
-------------------Matic
---------Ramsey - - Wilshere
---Di Maria - Benzema - Cazorla

Goalkeeper: Begovic, Szczesny, Fabianski
Defence: Sagna, Jenkinson, Koscielny, Mertesacker, Vermaelen, Gibbs,Monreal
Midfield: Matic, Ramsey, Wilshere, Arteta, Chamberlain, Flamini, Rosicky
Forwards: Benzema, Di Maria, Cazorla, Walcott, Podolski, Giroud, Sanogo.

Anzac

Established Member
YeahBee said:
I love Ljungberg but in all honesty he wouldn't have been that special in any other team, it is like he fit a niche in that particular team and had some strength that just made it work

Ironically it's that sort of horses for courses scenario that we've struggled to replicate. Since the summer of 2008 it's been constant compromise to BOTH players and roles.

Buhry

Established Member

truth_hurts said:
Floating said:
Front four of:

Walcott - - Cazorla - - Di Maria
- - - - - - - - Benzema - - - - - - -

A mod could ban me for this comment but I think that would be on the same level (slightly lower) as the invincibles front 4. All 4 of those players could get into any other premiership squad. Ox, Podolski, Wilshere/Rosicky and Giroud is hardly bad back up either.

just lol@ comparing any of those 4 with Henry, Pires and Bergkamp, those were on another planet compared to that lot. Ljungberg maybe, walcott would have thrived on the serivce he'd be getting from that trio for sure.

If we had Pires, Henry and Bergkamp in prime age we'd be contenders for the league even with the rest of our team the shambles it is. Comparing di maria and benzema to Henry and Pires, not even once :lol:

truth_hurts

Cruisio said:
I'm sorry but that's nowhere near as good as Henry, Bergkamp, Pires and Ljungberg

Have you forgotten just how good some of those players were?

Henry is up there as arguably the best striker the Premiership has ever seen and should have won at least one World Player of the Year trophy, have ANY of those players come close to that? No

Pires as well was basically better than every player there. Before he did his first knee ligament he was the best player in the world at the time. Yet again none of those players can say they've even been near that conversation

Bergkamp...what is there to say? Pure genius as a footballer, head and shoulders above anyone on that list

Ljungberg is a funny one. He was certainly better than Walcott is right now but not as good as the others

Either way, ridiculous shout

Cazorla is part of arguably the greatest International squad that the game has ever seen, Bergkamp is a legend here but Cazorla would deserve to be on the same pitch as him. Di Maria at Real and Benfica has been better than Pires at Marseille, Benz has unlimited ability but obviously not as good as Thierry and Walcott is actually more fearsome worldwide now than Freddie ever was.

The invincibles are history makers but one of Europes best technical players, one of europes most feared forwards should be shown more respect. Benzema's position at Real is similar to Thierrys at Juventus he clearly needs a move to bring the best out of him and Di Maria like Pires at his best is regarded as one of the worlds best wide men.

I have purposefully left out the back 5 and midfield from the invincibles comparison1

truth_hurts

YeahBee said:
can't say I watched any Southhampton games

what kind of guy is schneiderlin?

a low budget Schweinstiger (spelling), which isn't a slight on him as he's very good. All round midfielder who has a good positional and tactical sense.

YeahBee

Terrible hot takes
so this is the ACM as winger era again? which we still feel with Rosicky and Cazorla really

we already have 3 players like that. what we don't have is a ballwinner

Arsenal Quotes

I'm obsessed by the idea of making my mark on history. And Arsenal is my paradise.

Thierry Henry

Latest posts

Top Bottom