• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

The Wish List

DJ_Markstar

Based and Artetapilled

Player:Martinelli
YeahBee said:
I love Ljungberg but in all honesty he wouldn't have been that special in any other team, it is like he fit a niche in that particular team and had some strength that just made it work

Have to agree. Freddie is a club legend obviously, but a level or two below the likes of Henry and Bergkamp.

MDGoonah41

Established Member
veratti and el shar wont move this summer

thauvin isnt good enough

pastore might not be good enough

bruma, i dont know enough to judge

Cruisio

Established Member
truth_hurts said:
Cruisio said:
I'm sorry but that's nowhere near as good as Henry, Bergkamp, Pires and Ljungberg

Have you forgotten just how good some of those players were?

Henry is up there as arguably the best striker the Premiership has ever seen and should have won at least one World Player of the Year trophy, have ANY of those players come close to that? No

Pires as well was basically better than every player there. Before he did his first knee ligament he was the best player in the world at the time. Yet again none of those players can say they've even been near that conversation

Bergkamp...what is there to say? Pure genius as a footballer, head and shoulders above anyone on that list

Ljungberg is a funny one. He was certainly better than Walcott is right now but not as good as the others

Either way, ridiculous shout

Cazorla is part of arguably the greatest International squad that the game has ever seen, Bergkamp is a legend here but Cazorla would deserve to be on the same pitch as him. Di Maria at Real and Benfica has been better than Pires at Marseille, Benz has unlimited ability but obviously not as good as Thierry and Walcott is actually more fearsome worldwide now than Freddie ever was.

The invincibles are history makers but one of Europes best technical players, one of europes most feared forwards should be shown more respect. Benzema's position at Real is similar to Thierrys at Juventus he clearly needs a move to bring the best out of him and Di Maria like Pires at his best is regarded as one of the worlds best wide men.

I have purposefully left out the back 5 and midfield from the invincibles comparison1

What kind of backwards logic is this? :D

Cazorla's not even getting in the discussion of top 10 best players in the world right now. Yes, he's in the Spain squad, but he's not a starter, whereas Henry, Bergkamp and arguably Pires in their primes (which they were for us at the time) would get into Spain's first team

You can't say they're arguably on par with the Invincible's and then label Pires' time at OM as an example :D. He wasn't an invincible then so by your on logic that falls apart instantly. Pires whilst playing in that team is miles ahead of Di Maria

Benzema isn't anywhere close to being as feared as Henry was back then

The only one you can make a case for is Ljungberg, that's it

truth_hurts

but Holding’s hair transplant was painless
Crusio Thierry was in the top 3 strikers in the world for a long time, Bergkamp is a club legend and Pires at his peak was up there with the top 5 widemen for me, Ljungberg was a dangerous free scoring wideman.

What I tried to articulate (badly) was that I can see similar potential in that wishlist front 4. Walcott now that Bale is Madrid bound is the best scoring wideman in the league, when Cazorla gets a bigger spotlight people will recognise him as one of Europes best players as he genuinely is, Di Maria is arguably already a top 5 wide man and Benzema has a long way to go to be mentioned as one of Europes best but can see him hitting 20 plus 4 seasons in a row here.

The invincibles were the ebst attack in the league I think Cazorla, Theo, Di Maria and Benz could also become that. It was a bad comparison to be fair.

YeahBee

Terrible hot takes
mavelous said:
tbh even torres gets in the spanish team :lol:

I could gamble on Torres.

lost some of his speed but still faster than Giroud (and a CF for us doesn't need that super speed), a no nonsense professional, hard working and would gel with his spanish mates (and cesc would love it)

Mudi

In:
Benzema (FW): £42m
Di Maria (RW/LW): £25m
Ljajic (AMC/AML/FW): £12m (last year contract)
Flamini (MC/DM): Free
Sakho: £8m
Begovic: £12m
-----------------
Total: £99m

----------Benzema--------
Ljajic--Cazorla--Di Maria
------Ramsey-Arteta-----
Gibbs---Kos-Mert---Sagna
--------Begovic---------

----------Giroud--------
Podolski--Rosicky--Walcott
------Wilshere-Flamini----
Monreal--Sakho-Verm--Jenkinson
----------Szczesny---------

Rest squad players:
Fabianski, Ox (injured), Frimpong, Diaby (injured), Ryo, Gnabry & Sanogo

Floating

Established Member
Mudi said:
In:
Benzema (FW): £42m
Di Maria (RW/LW): £25m
Ljajic (AMC/AML/FW): £12m (last year contract)
Flamini (MC/DM): Free
Sakho: £8m
Begovic: £12m
-----------------
Total: £99m

Ljajic--Cazorla--Di Maria
------Ramsey-Arteta-----
Gibbs---Kos-Mert---Sagna
--------Begovic---------

----------Giroud--------
Podolski--Rosicky--Walcott
------Wilshere-Flamini----
Monreal--Sakho-Verm--Jenkinson
----------Szczesny---------

Rest squad players:
Fabianski, Ox (injured), Frimpong, Diaby (injured), Ryo, Gnabry & Sanogo

No way does Ljajic start over Walcott. This would be my ideal starting XI though, as Di Maria is quality on the left:

Di Maria--Cazorla--Walcott
------Ramsey-Arteta-----
Gibbs---Kos-Mert---Sagna
--------Begovic---------

DanAust

Move Poldi and Fabianski on and get M.Richards and Cesar.

Özil rumoured to available for €38m as well as the others.

"Real, here's £90m, go get yourself Bale (and while your at it Suarez) and we'll take Benzema, Di Maria and Özil."

Not a bad upgrade on Arshavin, Poldi and Gervinho from last year.

DanAust

If need be I'd rather take Flamini as a stopgap for a year if it meant getting Özil. He'd be one of, if not eventually the best, players in the league if he came to England.

----------------------------Cesar-----------------------------
--Richards---------Mertesacker-----Koscielny-----------Gibbs--
--------------------Ramsey----------Arteta---------------------
---------Walcott--------------Özil------------Di Maria/Cazorla---------
------------------------------Benzema-----------------------------

truth_hurts

but Holding’s hair transplant was painless
DanAust said:
If need be I'd rather take Flamini as a stopgap for a year if it meant getting Özil. He'd be one of, if not eventually the best, players in the league if he came to England.

He'd be the best player in the league and lead Man U (where he'll go if sold to the title) it is our wishlist though so:

----------------------------Begovic-----------------------------
--Richards---------Mertesacker-----Koscielny-----------Monreal--
--------------------Arteta----------Cabaye---------------------
---------Di Maria--------------Özil------------Cazorla---------
------------------------------Theo-----------------------------

35m Di Maria
40m Özil
10m Richards
10m Begovic
15m Cabaye

Anzac

Established Member
truth_hurts said:
DanAust said:

He'd be the best player in the league and lead Man U (where he'll go if sold to the title) it is our wishlist though so:

----------------------------Begovic-----------------------------
--Richards---------Mertesacker-----Koscielny-----------Monreal--
--------------------Arteta----------Cabaye---------------------
---------Di Maria--------------Özil------------Cazorla---------
------------------------------Theo-----------------------------

35m Di Maria
40m Özil
10m Richards
10m Begovic
15m Cabaye

Are there enough goals in that front 4?
Seems like that 3 are primarily creative & would need another goal scorer OR a more established finisher.
That said I can see Podolski having a field day with that creative talent as an out & out poacher doing little more than hanging around the area.

DanAust

Floating said:
No way would Özil be the best player in the league - RvP and Suarez are easily ahead of him for me.
If players like David Silva, Juan Mata and Gareth Bale get listed amoung the best, Özil would be right there too. As for THE best, RVP is getting on a bit and I doubt Suarez will be in England too much longer, so Özil would have a shot at being the best, maybe not this season but eventually.

MDGoonah41

Established Member
Özil isnt cut out for the premier league.

still wishing for di maria, lamela (it aint over till its over), benzema, a right back and a keeper.

please hurry, for my sanity.

Arsenal Quotes

No one could have imagined for a single second that he would come to us. Only David Dein, Sol, his agent, and I knew what was going on. When I called a press conference to announce the arrival of a new player, and Sol Campbell walked into the room full of journalists, it was a bombshell.

Arsène Wenger: My Life in Red and White

Latest posts

Top Bottom