• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

The Wish List

gunners13arsenal

Wow... guys did you see the Korea vs Switzerland match ?
our Senderos scored a header from a free-kick, I wonder if Arsène has ever thought as him as a striker with corners,
free-kicks,lobs,chips (not fish and chips the football chip) like how John Terry goes forward for Cheat$ki and ferdinand goes forward for u***ed and seing as Sol Campbell is on his way to that turkish club for 8 or so million, i'd be curious to see if Arsène replaces his place with Senderos...
just a thought.

Senderos looked solid. I remember when he first started playing for us he was a bit clumsy but showed a good positional sense, which is very normal for a young defender. As he gets older he will learn from experience and make less mistakes(and hopefully learn how to control drogba :roll: )

Another reason for optimism is Johan Djourou. He definitely looks the part and for his age is a very good defender.
Because we have Senderos and Djourou as DC options for next season I dont think that we are gonna sign a young defender such as Curtis Davies, instead wenger will go for a more experienced defender.
Personally I think that is why we didn't land kompany.

gunners13arsenal

I've got a concern for our current team -
Ashley Cole and Sol Campbell are looking as if they're going out of the club - 1)they're both English
2) Ashley Cole is the best left back in the country - possibly the world, which leaves us with only a couple of defenders and none English!.

Guys bare in mind Arsenal is an English club in England and so we need more English players to get the neutral fans which end up supporting teams like man *** and liverpool and chelsea because of players like Rooney - Gerrard - John Terry, etc so my point is that we'll only be left with 1 English player in our whole team - Theo Walcott who hasn't even played in the Premier League and with rooney coming back with his injury it looks as if he isn't going to get another game in the world cup...

Harding

so thats jenas, carrick, robinson and now zokora who have chose Sp**s over us, whats going on? surely wenger can see better options than these players ther wise he would put up more of a fight for them wouldnt he?

Lukazan

Established Member
Sp**s sign there 30481 midfielder...

Carrick on his way then, perhaps?

I hope to god they fall back to bottom half of the table medicority next season. It'd be too funny. Their fans are just way way too much these days.

qs

Established Member
Gunner13 its only English people who'll care if there are English players on the England team and most English people when starting to support a club will support their local team so its only really Sp**s who are fighting us for fans, and come on who in their right mind would choose them?

Harding

I wish for: Bufffon, Cannavaro, Mascherano, Torres
I realisticly wish for: Isaksson, boularouz (duno how to spell it), Yaya toure, Klose

Mr. Hotshot

Established Member
Senderos will be a key player for us in the future. Milan and Barca were after his signature but he choosed us instead. To those of you who think he's not "Campbell replacement material", think again because there are loads of big clubs out there who want him.

Canuck

Established Member
Harding said:
so thats jenas, carrick, robinson and now zokora who have chose Sp**s over us, whats going on? surely wenger can see better options than these players ther wise he would put up more of a fight for them wouldnt he?

You're looking at it the wrong way. They didn't choose Spuds over us. They settled for Spuds since we weren't that interested.

Raghav89

India's only player who made it to the english league-played a preseason friendly against united for bury and nearly scored from 30 yard's out

kel varnsen said:
jester said:
fair enough, but would you agree that buying beckham (a year or two ago) would pay for itself.
i was under the impression that other playes such as henry wasnt that far behind, but it looks like they are

yes, beckham would pay for himself, but he's the only one. at least in terms of 'direct' revenue. by that i mean not withstanding the performance on the pitch and whatever revenues that would bring. beckham is unique; his market potential is far bigger than everyone else combined. beckham alone has probably increased real madrid's revenue by close to £30-40 mill. he is a gold mine; at least if the club can tap into 'it'.
Do you know if there was any decrease in merchandise revenue in Man U with Beckham´s departure?

kooldawg

Established Member
Raghav89 said:
India's only player who made it to the english league-played a preseason friendly against united for bury and nearly scored from 30 yard's out

Bhutia is basically a mediocore player, i dont think that he has the class or the required potential to play for the club. I know you being Indian your gonna support him, but i'm also Indian and i know that he sucks.

Arsenal Quotes

When Patrick Vieira came over from AC Milan, he didn’t know a word of English. We gave him accommodation, phone, car and an English teacher. I talked to Patrick in fluent French and before a game I asked in French, can you speak a bit of English to me? Patrick nodded and replied: Tottenham are shit!

David Dein
Top Bottom