• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

The Wish List

SA Gunner

Hates Tierney And Wants Him Sold Immediately

Player:Nketiah
Thats the most frustrating thing Dules and Burnwinter. We are literally that close from really being readay for the long season.

Unfortunately I cant see Wenger setting aside another 25 million to bring in the players we need and adding to the coaching staff.

phenn

Not realistic, but Neymar was the most exciting 18 year old I've ever seen when I watched him last night against the USA. Dear god what a talent.

I'd like Emir and some sane goalkeeper too.

Clrnc

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Tomiyasu
Yeah, saw him as well. Absolutely fantastic. Reminds me of a young R9. Brad Guzan made some brilliant saves as well

qs

Established Member
SA Gunner said:
------------Given
Sagna--Spahic--Vermaelen--Clichy
-----------Kompany
------Cesc---------Song
Van Persie-------------Arshavin
------------Chamakh

I'd love us to play Song in that position with someone more defensive behind him.

I'd swap Chamakh out and bring Nasri in and stick RVP in the centre though.

It is annoying that we could be so much better so easily. And you could pretty much swap any of those 3 for any other good signing in their position, its not like we're talking about world class £30m players here. Yet we know there isn't a hope of it happening, how depressing.

Thanks SA :(

Zico

Established Member
With Kompany in there, I'd stick Nasri in for most opponents, and Song for the teams with more capable midfields - Chelsea, Madrid, Them, etc.

Yes, it is sad that we cannot make that little jump that would allow us to compete with the very best clubs.

SA Gunner

My bad qs, and if its any consolation mate I feel just the same.

I see Song as a fantastic box-box player. He is more than capable of assuming an Essien role for us. Thats why I would be on cloud 9 if a signing like Kompany comes through.

Re: Nasri

Im really keen on seeing him in a central role this season. For that I want Wenger to use him against some sides, with Cesc being rested.

asajoseph

Established Member
We keep getting linked to Michel Bastos, though in a very round-about way.

Seems to be the last player we need, but he is quality.

ricky1985

Established Member
What is the definitive situation with Man City and their 25-man squad?

Does anyone know exactly how many they have to get rid of?

Edit - I've just checked myself;

If you include James Milner, which is a certainty, they have 31 players in their squad who would have to be registered in the 25-man squad in order to play.

Of those 31, these players look the most likely to be excluded;

(last season)
Shaleum Logan (out on loan)
Kelvin Etuhu (out on loan)
Felipe Caicedo (out on loan)
Michael Johnson (1 appearance)
Stuart Taylor (0 appearances)

Every other player in the squad simply has to be included or sold.

So they're not in quite as desperate a situation as I had hoped. They could basically sell Craig Bellamy and meet the quota, and keep all their important players happy.

Hopefully they will be in for one or two more, and then there will be some quality players up for grabs - and at good prices too (because the player will go ballistic if he isn't sold).

James

Established Member
asajoseph said:
We keep getting linked to Michel Bastos, though in a very round-about way.

Seems to be the last player we need, but he is quality.
Yeah, i don't understand that one either, as we seem to have a wealth of good attacking left 'wingers', but he is talent.

qs

Established Member
Surely he'd play on on the left and we'd push Shava over to the right.

Ricky, Balotelli is coming in for them too.

ricky1985

Established Member
Balotelli's only 20 though, mate. I also forgot that Stephen Ireland will be going the other way as part of the Milner deal. So it's not as bad as I'd hoped.

Not sure how the fans would feel about Michael Johnson being left out, local lad and all that - not sure what his fitness is like these days. Hopefully the fans will demand he is included.

Which would leave them with 26, including Craig Bellamy.

SA Gunner

Shay Given
Emir Spahic
Vincent Kompany

Thats all I ask for Arsène, all I ask for. :cry:

Timleaf

Established Member
You've got to laugh at the people that have been asking for Joe Hart, Kompany and De Jong all summer. How do you go about signing 3 starting players from the richest club in the world?

qs

Established Member
Why didn't you point that out before today? Because until today no one knew if they'd be starters.

Arsenal Quotes

I can really see the light. I’m telling you I’m very positive most of the time. I’ve seen the light and I can see bright lights. There can be bumps in the road within that light, but I can see a lot of light.

Mikel Arteta
Top Bottom