• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

The Wish List

mavelous

Tinfoil hat aficionado
aye, those two are ready made for our style and would add almost assuredly increase our overall quality. but ganso has higher ceiling, it's like buying treasury bond vs. a volatile corporate bond :mrgreen:

ganso, i don't know what's with him. on the one hand, i like that he knows he's quality, but maybe too much.. when i first saw him, i immediately though pastore, but the argie has been here longer and is much better adapted to european football. obviously more experienced.

and ganso's first touch is a bit unorthodox, it usually works for him, but i don't know how he would adapt to lack of space. he might completely get shattered in all senses of the word, or he would zidane the **** out of this league. i know wenger wants him for some reason - must have an idea of how to utilize him best, but i don't think he's worth the risk, or the best value for money atm.

MDGoonah41

Established Member
------------- sneezy ---------------

-- sagna -- kos --- tv --- santos --

---- song ---------- arteta ------

------------ sahin ---------------

--- cazorla ---------- podolski ---

------------- giroud --------------

truth_hurts

but Holding’s hair transplant was painless
M'Villa and Cazorla and that is Flamini (never rated him that much though) and Cesc replaced finally and some genuine depth in our squad. Also need Theo to stay.

Anzac

Established Member
MDGoonah41 said:
------------- sneezy ---------------

-- sagna -- kos --- tv --- santos --

---- song ---------- arteta ------

------------ sahin ---------------

--- cazorla ---------- podolski ---

------------- giroud --------------

Has Sahin ever played that forward midfield role - always thought he was a deep playmaker?
Perhaps swap him & Arteta?
Add M'Vila instead of Song and we're cooking with gas!!!!!

Flow

Giroud, Podolski, Sahin, Cazorla and Robin stays.

That would be by far the best summer we ever had, hell we would end the trophy drought for sure.

-------RVP--Podolski
Oxlade-Arteta-Sahin-Cazorla
Gibbs--Verms--Boss--Sagna
----------Szczesny

Bench: Fabianski, Santos, Mertesacker, Song, Wilshere, Walcott, Giroud

/dreammode

Anzac

Established Member
Assuming both RVP & Walcott depart:

Ganso / Cazorla / Dzagoev / Isco
Sahin / Valero
M'Vila / Biglia / Soriano / Wanyama / Kayal
Sakho
Milo
RB
Butland

............Podolski/Giroud
Cazorla/Gervinho.....Ganso/Wilshere.......Dzagoev/Ox
........Sahin/Arteta....M'Vila/Song
Milo/Gibbs....TV/Sakho..Kos/Mert...Sagna/XXX
.............Szczesny/Butland

Rambo,

Fantasy land...

MDGoonah41

Established Member
Anzac said:
Has Sahin ever played that forward midfield role - always thought he was a deep playmaker?
Perhaps swap him & Arteta?
Add M'Vila instead of Song and we're cooking with gas!!!!!

i think it would be a pretty fluid midfield three. i think he should operate centrally. of course if van persie stays, we could play this

----- Arteta ----- Sahin -------

----------- Cazorla -----------

---- Walcott -------- Podolski -

------------- RvP -------------

musicmonkey

Established Member
I'd rather have Debuchy, £4m to Newcastle has been floating around in the papers but it seems to have broken down. One of the most impressive defenders at the Euros for me.

Kanonier

My Wish List :)

Nuri Sahin

Nuri-Sahin-Real-Madrid.jpg

Santi Cazorla

13572_med_santi_cazorla.jpg

Javi Martinez

normal.jpg

Leighton Baines

Leighton-Baines_1648244c.jpg

Gregory Van Der Wiel

article-1361382-09E61800000005DC-695_468x333.jpg

Hunta

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Team against Sunderland:

-----------------Szczesny
--Coquelin-Koscielny-Vermaelen-Gibbs
---------Cazorla--Song--Arteta
--Gervinho-------Giroud-------Podolski

SUBS: Fabianski, Santos, Per, Sahin, Diaby, Ox, Walcott.

qs

Established Member
THunter said:
Team against Sunderland:

-----------------Szczesny
--Coquelin-Koscielny-Vermaelen-Gibbs
---------Cazorla--Song--Arteta
--Gervinho-------Giroud-------Podolski

SUBS: Fabianski, Santos, Per, Sahin, Diaby, Ox, Walcott.

I think I'd go with Theo ahead of Gervinho in the early games because he's more of a goal threat. I'm a little worried that there'll be too much pressure of Podolski and Giroud to open their Arsenal accounts quickly. Thats if Walcott is still here by then. Maybe even start Gerv and Walcott wide with one of the new pair at CF.

Hunta

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Yeah, maybe drop Giroud, play Podolski central and Walcott/Ox wide. I do think Gervinho will start because of his form in pre-season so far.

Yaya

Established Member
Would have van Persie over Giroud (if he's still at the club by this point), to try force other clubs into making some serious offer.

fabo

6.51 / 10
Desperately hoping we get Sahin and Cazorla, both are absolutely needed.

Underwhelmed with the outgoings too, not good enough at this stage.

qs

Established Member
The players we want rid of aren't really the sort people take as first choice, we'll probably have to wait for later in the window.

jones

Captain Serious
Trusted ⭐
Saw him two or three times for Swansea, looked average to alright for me.

Disturbing to read his name in the wish list thread though :lol:

Impact

Established Member
Remember Leighton Baines started off as a promising full back at a newly promoted club (Wigan) before Everton took a chance on his ability.

I haven't seen him that much of him admittedly but he has impressed everytime I have. I think he's one to keep tabs on.

DJ_Markstar

Based and Artetapilled

Player:Martinelli
Impact said:
Remember Leighton Baines started off as a promising full back at a newly promoted club (Wigan) before Everton took a chance on his ability.

I haven't seen him that much of him admittedly but he has impressed everytime I have. I think he's one to keep tabs on.

Baines isn't "young" any more, though. Will be 28 in December!

Arsenal Quotes

In 1997/98 we became English champions as I had set myself three missions to carry out which I felt were essential. One: to have an impact on the result and the team's playing style. Two: to foster the player's individual development. Three: to strengthen the structure of the club and enhance its global influence.

Arsène Wenger: My Life in Red and White
Top Bottom