• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

The youngsters lose

thegame24

Established Member
EDU and GILBERTO were both great but i think edu made more of a mark on the game as a captain would.

Mark

Established Member
clichy continues to impress me at both defending and going forward even though him being too far forward ultimately lost us the game it would be very unfair to critidize him for that as he did look very good throughout. stack had another good game too, not much he cudve done for the goal, it was a good shot.

thegame24

Established Member
yea he is a very impressive player.

i couldnt believe how fast he was.

his attcking reminds me of the way a.cole used to when he was about to displace silvinho.

hes class imo its just a shame we got someone even BETTER in his position.

A

Anonymous

it is very clear we need a sec ond striker and kanu , the quicker he gets out of dodge the better. Man what a waste of talent!.

i agree with the game , bentley is rubbish and this quincy dude the same

apart from edu, all the others are average and at best reserve players

Boro will give us a hard time in the FA cup. maybe even go to a replay

Mark

Established Member
they weren't rubbish they just lacked a bit of confidence when it mattered, they're only like 17 or 18, they're not heading for our first team yet, don't expect them to be as good as aliadiere yet. some people are being a bit hard on them imo.

Adam

Established Member
I was very impressed with all of them - Smith and Quincy in particular, Thomas, Bentley, Clichy, Stack..

They will learn how to win matches with time; but the basic ability and potential was flabbergasting. I am astonished.

Brady has earnt his wages.

thegame24

Established Member
hey i didnt say quincy was rubbish.

and bentley well, i expect much more from what ive heard and from what bentley thinks of himself. IF your gonna be cocky BACK IT UP.

like kid rock said "It aint braggin if you do it, and you back it up".

and for gods sake change hairstyle maybe thats his problem!

I thought Quincy looked good and made all the right runs - but my mate beside me thought he kept running at defenders rather than into space. Who knows which of us was right, or neither. Either way, for a 17-year old he clearly has a load of potential. Bentley only really came into the game a bit just before he was taken off. He is out of position though remember.

What I am amazed noone else has mentioned is the period towards the end where Edu started having a complete nightmare. I'm a huge fan of his, but there was a spell where about six passes in a row went straight to the opposition. We seriously thought he must have lost a contact lens or something.

Oh well - anyone else going to Boro next week?

Arsenal316

I really don't care if they lose. And Wenger doesn't care either. IF they win, great, of not, oh well. Wenger has never dressed a full squad for a CC game, nor has he ever taken this tournament seriously. If he doesn't care about it, neither should we. Period.

Allyboy

Established Member
If we play like that on Saturday we will cruise it.

The build up play was excellent but our front players could not produce the final ball and make it count.

Swap Bentley, Parlour, Edu and Quincy for Pires, Freddy, Vieria and Henry and the end outcome will be much more satisfactory.

pamilih

We have a bunch of great talents among the youngster, but nobody impressed me the way Anelka did when he was 19 at Arsenal ...

WTjourno

True, Anelka was very good at 19, but he was given a run of games when Wrighty was injured, and it still took him a while to get his first goal.

I think Bentley was trying a bit hard to impress, but if you have a haircut like that and play badly you look like you think too much of yourself.

Clichy is great, and was only out of position because he had to cover for Keown's mistake.

Quincy made good runs, is quick, and got into some good positions but needed composure. That will come with time. Thomas didn't do much when he came on.

Ryan Smith was fantastic when he came on though, he looked more dangerous than any of the attacking players, and can go past people like a proper winger. I think he is only 16, same as Cesc, and can you imagine what he will be able to do in a few years' time.

Mark

Established Member
exactly, these players are a lot younger than anelka was. people are expecting them to be amazing straight away. from what i saw tonight, given time they will be great players.

Personally, I feel like we had a lot of talent out there on the pitch. Our youngsters are under much more pressure than those from lesser teams - being in the shadow of our first team greats.

I think with time they will come on leaps and bounds. Most impressive were Clichy and Stack.

I watched the highlights on ITV tonight and Stack pulled off some really good saves. I was impressed with Clichy's leadership for a second half throw in - trying to rally everyone together.

JGooner

Bentley is clearly not a left winger. He doesn't look happy there. It limits the angles for his passes. He should be played as a deep-lying striker or as an attacking midfielder, which i believe he prefers.

Ryan Smith looked good.

KoLo28

edu was easily man of the match, closley followed by KoLo. i was happy to finally see the young players can't really say if they're going to be good or not too young and inexperienced all we can do is hope :) clichy is fast!

P.S was anyone here sitting in the west stand lower and had a little kid pushed on you?

Arsenal Quotes

It is well known the referees are protected very well like the lions in the zoo so we have to live with their decisions

Arsène Wenger
Top Bottom