• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

They are called Referees

Are you for VAR or not?

• Total voters

drippin

Obsessed with "Mature Trusted Members"

I was only speaking to how I understand how the on-field referee could have missed it, but should have figured out what happened anyway.
That's why I emphasized from the start, that VAR made a mistake, not the on-field referees. Them too of course, but it's understandable in a corner kick where there is so much to observe.

It was easy to miss, but I saw the replay and couldn't believe VAR did nothing. It was Lee Mason type of feeling watching it on replay at 0-0 situation. No lines, no fouls, no nothing.

Jesus was fouled similarly when Newcastle scored from that long throw-in, after the player clearly stomped back of Jesus' foot so that his shoe came off, and none of the on-field referees saw it.

It's a fine margin's game this football, and I dream some day referees would be unbiased and more evenly from around the UK. Lee Mason is gone already, so there is hope, even if goes the hard way.

Love my fellow Arsenal fans, love a good argument about the club. Sorry if my meaning didn't properly come through.
Yeah, no problem. Your comment seemed weird so it was good to clarify.

Last edited:

CaseUteinberger

Established Member

Ah, it was sarcasm?

I remember it very well and saw the closer view from Viaplay in Finland. That's why I came here to mention it, although it was some time ago, and couldn't bother even look if others have mentioned it already.

The refs succeeded in that I don't always bother to come here to complain. Their incompetence is on another level. But next season I very likely will again. 😁

The player stepped on the back of Kiwior's foot in the corner, and then scored when Kiwior was lying on the ground. I even think I took a screenshot of it, but can't bother now to try to find it. I watched it a couple of times, because it was so ridiculous that VAR didn't call it. But I'm happy if someone corrects my memory.

It's not easy to see here, but he steps on the back of Kiwior's foot.

It was a very important 0-1 lead goal.

FwLc2LyacAE_4bQ
In my eyes you are an elite poster my Finish friend! Your screenshots on various situations are superb! Over the last couple of days you have ruled. :thumbsup:

albakos

Arséne Wenger: "I will miss you"
Administrator

Player:Saka
The player stepped on the back of Kiwior's foot in the corner, and then scored when Kiwior was lying on the ground. I even think I took a screenshot of it, but can't bother now to try to find it. I watched it a couple of times, because it was so ridiculous that VAR didn't call it. But I'm happy if someone corrects my memory.

It's not easy to see here, but he steps on the back of Kiwior's foot.

It was a very important 0-1 lead goal.

Enciso (#20) scored the 1st goal, not the player who stepped on Kiwi's feet.

lomekian

Essays are my thing
Did a little refereeing for pocket money back in the day. You don't see everything, and sometimes you have to extrapolate what likely happened. If a 6'2" CB goes down in a heap allowing a 5'6" midfielder a free header in the six yard box, it's either because there was a foul I didn't see, or because said CB just went down with a freak ruptured achilles and is about to be stretchered off. Kiwior did not get stretchered off.
Absolutely no criticism of the on pitch ref in this case. But another case of VAR officials letting the side down in my opinion.

Bucephalus

Absolutely no criticism of the on pitch ref in this case. But another case of VAR officials letting the side down in my opinion.
I have minor criticism of the on pitch ref. Completely understandable that the missed the foul. But he should have known that something weird happened, and gone looking for help.

Pre-VAR: referee runs over to linesman, says "I didn't see it, why did Kiwior go down? Did he get stepped on by a Brighton player? Did he get stepped on by an Arsenal player? Did he stupidly roll his own ankle with no contact at all?" That's not weak refereeing, or bad refereeing, it's strong refereeing, recognizing that you occasionally miss stuff, and also recognizing that there are only a couple of explanations for what just happened, and doing your best to get facts before making a decision.

Now that we're stuck with VAR: referee should be entitled to go to the monitor himself if there's one he's not quite sure of.

NZgunner

maybe you just get what you pay for - VAR only costs the Premier League £1.2 million a year, that's an absolute pittance, especially compared to an estimated £5.5 billion in annual revenue

Hunta

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

That Anthony Taylor stuff at the airport was ****ing disgusting.

Mourinho needs a long ban for starting all that.

Batman

Head of the Wayne foundation for benching Nketiah

Player:Saliba
That Anthony Taylor stuff at the airport was ****ing disgusting.

Mourinho needs a long ban for starting all that.
Has nothing to do with Mourinho. Roma fans didn't just become violent and unhinged when Mourinho joined. They've got a long history of it. They didn't need any encouragement at all to do what they did. This wasn't Trump at the Capitol ffs.

Hunta

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Has nothing to do with Mourinho. Roma fans didn't just become violent and unhinged when Mourinho joined. They've got a long history of it. They didn't need any encouragement at all to do what they did. This wasn't Trump at the Capitol ffs.
He’s been at it all season to hide behind his woeful league form.

Batman

Head of the Wayne foundation for benching Nketiah

Player:Saliba
He’s been at it all season to hide behind his woeful league form.
And Roma supporters have been at it for decades. It's like going to Chernobyl and blaming the guy who throws a candy wrapper on the ground for the radioactive soil and deformed animals.

Hunta

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

they seriously proven they corrupted if they reject that it'll massive help there won't be forgetting draw line and take forver.
They can’t use the WC one as City will walk away with the title again if they do. They will 100% fix it next season to make sure City don’t win four in a row.

jake

They can’t use the WC one as City will walk away with the title again if they do. They will 100% fix it next season to make sure City don’t win four in a row.

The mayor referee f*ckups this season was 7 points(webb apologise level) without thoose the league would be arsenals so don’t count on it….

NZgunner

The mayor referee f*ckups this season was 7 points(webb apologise level) without thoose the league would be arsenals so don’t count on it….
yes, but every time I think of the terrible refereeing decisions I've seen this season, I also remember the Man U goal against City

objectively I think we got the worst of it, but ultimately it wasn't down to referees or VAR, we just played badly in that 10 day sequence of West Ham - Southampton - Man City

jake

yes, but every time I think of the terrible refereeing decisions I've seen this season, I also remember the Man U goal against City

objectively I think we got the worst of it, but ultimately it wasn't down to referees or VAR, we just played badly in that 10 day sequence of West Ham - Southampton - Man City

All teams play badly for a while in the season when man city didn’t really get their system straight and was without their best centreback. They dropped quite a few points to give us that leaguelead that we had. Had that been 7 points more i’m quite sure we would have hold on. And still that only the decision where webb say we got this really wrong.

If you also take into account the first city game where they got no red card despite they being second best and really tried. Bernardo Silva constant being tormented of saka and just continued scyting him down, ederson second yellow situation on eddie and the most clear and obvious one Haaland revenge elbow and Gabriel wich was a really bad no call situation. You see for miles what he wants to do.

And we can keep going on forever here with bad calls……

Arsenal Quotes

I can really see the light. I’m telling you I’m very positive most of the time. I’ve seen the light and I can see bright lights. There can be bumps in the road within that light, but I can see a lot of light.

Mikel Arteta

Latest posts

Top Bottom