• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Thomas Lemar

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

Thomas Lemar is Robert Pires to Kylian Mbappé's Thierry Henry.

Decent comparisons.

I remember Wenger once compared Griezmann to Pires quite a number of years ago and we ended up missing out on him, although slightly different type of player, I think Wenger believes Lemar is a similar type of talent who can be turned into a 15+ goal a season attacking midfielder/wide man so won't want to miss out on him too.

Hunta

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Lemar is a very good player, the kind of guy we've wanted on our right wing for years.

No idea what the 343 means for him though, signing him must mean Alexis is leaving. Unless our dreams have come true and Wenger is finally allowing competition within his squad.

Either way if this happens the whole "Lemar and Mbappe are good friends/teammates" angle will be used to death.
He plays on the left you ballbag.

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

@Tir Na Nog

Likelihood of this happening on a scale of 1-12?

I don't know, I only know that we're trying really hard to get him, it'll all depend on the player tho. But if reports from L'Equipe are to be believed then it's safe to say he would like to come here to play under Wenger.

My gut feeling says about a 9/10 on your scale.

4R5Emaniac

Always fresh from Bangladesh
Lemar is excellent. Actually would take him over James and I'm sure he can excel in Özil's role. He is also unique as a player.

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
Will it be enough though

Depends. If Lemar hits the ground running you're looking at a player who will get into double figures with goals and assists from the left. Lacazette will then add more goals up top than Giroud/Welbeck. So I believe we'd be in the exact same place in terms of goal output.

Alexis - 20-25 league goals and 10-15 assists.
Giroud - 10-15 league goals and 1-5 assists.
Özil - 10-15 league goals and 10-20 assists

Lemar - 10-15 league goals and 10-15 assists
Lacazette - 15-20 league goals and 1-5 assists
Özil - same as above.

Current option minimum - 4o goals and 21-25 assists.
New option minimum - 35 goals and 21-25 assists minimum.

Lacazette would have to be hitting the same league goals as Alexis gets to make it anywhere near as good as our current trio.

Last edited by a moderator:

Garrincha

Wilf Zaha Aficionado
Trusted ⭐
Far too sensible a buy for us.

Expect him to be Chelseas next quality supporting wide player following in Malouda & Willians footsteps.

Sanchez11

Nobody Is Coming!

Depends. If Lemar hits the ground running you're looking at a player who will get into double figures with goals and assists from the left. Lacazette will then add more goals up top than Giroud/Welbeck. So I believe we'd be in the exact same place in terms of goal output.

Alexis - 20-25 league goals and 10-15 assists.
Giroud - 10-15 league goals and 1-5 assists.
Özil - 10-15 league goals and 10-20 assists

Lemar - 10-15 league goals and 10-15 assists
Lacazette - 15-20 league goals and 1-5 assists
Özil - same as above.

Current option minimum - 4o goals and 21-25 assists.
New option minimum - 35 goals and 21-25 assists minimum.

Lacazette would have to be hitting the same league goals as Alexis gets to make it anywhere near as good as our current trio.
No improvement then

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
No improvement then

Nope, not really. With Alexis you're guaranteed 15-25 goals from the left which is an insane return.

However who knows, having Lacazette and Lemar may push Özil onto giving more assists like in the season before last.

Just a guesstimate, Lemar could flop ;)

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
IMO Alexis is going. Wenger is signing two guys to replace him and if Lemar is one of them, I'll be pleased.

He is a massive technical talent, and I think if he has more confidence as a player he can go as far as he wants to go. He'd most likely either be a CM or part of the front 3 in our formation and I think he will be part of the latter, along with a striker coming in.

Arsenal Quotes

A team can attack for too long. The most opportune time for scoring is immediately after repelling an attack, because opponents are then strung out in the wrong half of the field. All the men are expected to play to plan, but not so as to stifle individuality

Herbert Chapman

Latest posts

Top Bottom