<

Thomas Partey: Ghana Sign Da Ting

Discussion in 'Arsenal Talk' started by field442, Oct 5, 2020.

1. Beksl

Beksl Sell All The Youngsters

Who is @HairSprayGooners supposedly on twitter? Saw some rumours on here he's The Arsenal Horse...

2. BigPoppaPump

BigPoppaPump Contrarian

Bet you remember all the Atletico teams of the 90s and early 00s though.

3. Big Poppa

Big Poppa Well-Known Member Trusted

Anelka was the real deal. I was genuinely fuming when we sold him. He was the same age Greenwood is now - imagine the hype if he scored 17 premier league goals in his debut season.

This is one of my favourite football photos of all time.

[​IMG]

Jury, Mrs Bergkamp, asukru and 4 others like this.
  4. BigPoppaPump

BigPoppaPump Contrarian

Partey's gonna turn Pepe into a Black Israelite next time Arteta benches him.

Ibadan, MutableEarth and Trilly like this.
  5. BigPoppaPump

BigPoppaPump Contrarian

When I see you get onto Auba I really don't want to agree but I feel like you have a point sometimes. Like he's our best player but some games he's anonymous, like when it's not working nothing happens. But it's worth it for the goals.

6. BigPoppaPump

BigPoppaPump Contrarian

Aren't you like Lacazette's biggest fan? He's the least athletic striker in Arsenal history.

7. Macho

Macho Well-Known Member Trusted

I liked Merson? He was a great player for us.
    Have more time for him than a lot of the current lot - like Lacazette. As a player anyways.

He’d have no chance today though. As much as you moan about Lacazette, Merson legit had a belly for most of his playing career.

8. BigPoppaPump

BigPoppaPump Contrarian

But you're saying we have a technique bias, but then when people criticise Lacazette's lack of athleticism you get emotional. It doesn't make sense to me that's all.

9. SingmeasongSong

SingmeasongSong Rarely Right

When one window closes, another will open up for you !

10. Macho

I’ve never got emotional about people critiquing Lacazette’s athleticism. Infact I haven’t said sh*t about him for a while.

You get emotional over next mans opinions maybe I dunno.

I like Laca but I’ve openly said we’ve had better than him, just think the moaning about him is OTT but I’ve left you lot to it now cba. Merson won stuff with the club so I hold him in higher esteem.

Ibadan likes this.
  11. Trilly

Trilly The John Sauce Of Ilford Trusted

:lol::lol:
    I defend Laca a lot but my word, I really don't rate the guy as much as I make people think I do.

Was watching a compliation video the other day and man...the amount of moves/potential assists he flops.

Troopz likes this.
  12. Trilly

Didn't Anelka have the potential to be one of the greatest strikers of all time? Can't remember exact details but wasn't he a man child or something, complete striker at 18 or something ridiculous like that.:lol:

13. Trilly

Is he actually?:lol:

14. DasBootist

DasBootist Well-Known Member

He peaked way too young. Should have stayed with Arsenal for longer than he did. I hope he regrets leaving us.

15. BigPoppaPump

BigPoppaPump Contrarian

I watch an Iwobi compilation around when we sold him and the amount of assists he would have if it wasn't Lacazette at the end of the balls was ridiculous. Like Iwobi would dribble pass player or do a really good through ball just for Laca to mess it up.

Also he seems to be aging a very fast, not even 30 yet but players like he's well into his 30s. Think he only has a few seasons left in him.

Troopz likes this.
  16. Trilly

Yeah agree on this.

He's never been rapid but man moves like a slug now. Never been a workhorse but guy seems to get gassed in the first half. Defo has to leave next summer bar a miracle.

17. MikelHadADream

MikelHadADream Well-Known Member

Think it will be a miracle if we get a fee for him tbh. Clubs will still be affected by Covid and the ones that could afford his wages realise he isnt very good (why no big club has ever really been in for him).

18. Trilly

Its calm. We'll get something from Italy I think, Atletico seem to be interested as well.

Just need him to get decent numbers. Around 15 goals in the league without pens should excite enough of Spain/Italy.

19. Macho

He will get sold man, its ok guys :lol:lol

Can't see him staying beyond this summer anyways - Arteta shut down that extension talk pretty quickly. Can't wait to see the back of him myself.

20. UpTheGunnerz

UpTheGunnerz Attention Seeker

thats 3 goals in 3games Lacazette you are talking about u absolute plebs

BigPoppaPump, Trilly and Macho like this.