• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Thomas Partey

Do you think Partey will sign for Arsenal?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

razörist

Soft With The Ladies, Hard With The Mes

Where are you Stan Kroenke?
giphy.gif

BenTal

Player:Zinchenko
I don't want to be pessimistic but it is very unlikely to buy Thomas anymore. If we counted on selling to activate his release clause, then I think it might be too late now. We couldn't sell Sok, Torreria, Gendouzi, Mustafai. I know Sok and Torreria are very close to leave the club, but it has been ****ing too quiet so far.

Last edited:

OnlyOne

🎙️ Future Journalist
Trusted ⭐

People really starting to flap, you love to see it.

Fair to say with only 5 days left it's pretty unrealistic now, especially since we haven't got Aouar tied down?

I understand the belief but it would have to be one hell of an operation to suddenly pull this out in 5 days I think.

senna

Its happening, reason why they are haggling so much over Aouar & not to simply give Lyon the extra €10m is to leave as much as possible in case we need to trigger Partey's releases clause.

If Partey wasn't leaving he would have signed the contract extension Atletico gave him, but we've obviously offered him better terms and a better project and his profile will be higher playing for us. Atletico know he's gone, they are trying to hold out for full release clause but longer it goes the worse their position is as if we trigger it on the last day they have all that money & no time to spend it. Its damage limitation for Atletico know by gettign an agreeement with us over Torreira to ensure they are not short on players.

Its great we are bendign over clubs for once, rather than it happening to us.

daron christie

Girls calm down this deal is Simple to make all we have to do is pay the release clause NOT HAGGLING...the haggling is what holds up deals...this deal can be made quick unlike dealing with Lyon as they can set whatever price they want realistic or not

it’s clear we have the desire to go for both as the money we haggling to safe paying Lyon will go towards Partey

daron christie

Its happening, reason why they are haggling so much over Aouar & not to simply give Lyon the extra €10m is to leave as much as possible in case we need to trigger Partey's releases clause.

If Partey wasn't leaving he would have signed the contract extension Atletico gave him, but we've obviously offered him better terms and a better project and his profile will be higher playing for us. Atletico know he's gone, they are trying to hold out for full release clause but longer it goes the worse their position is as if we trigger it on the last day they have all that money & no time to spend it. Its damage limitation for Atletico know by gettign an agreeement with us over Torreira to ensure they are not short on players.

You beat me too it :clap:

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
Fair to say with only 5 days left it's pretty unrealistic now, especially since we haven't got Aouar tied down?

I understand the belief but it would have to be one hell of an operation to suddenly pull this out in 5 days I think.

Why when the groundworks already in place? This was always going to be the scenario. But the fact is Partey has a release clause that can be triggered at any point after we've done the Aouar deal. I won't stop believing that's what we'll do until the morning of deadline day itself.

Mitch

Blonde Brigade Grand Wizard
Although I want Jorginho instead of Partey, there is part of me that wants us to sign Drinkwater instead for the OTT meltdown that would happen on AM.

OnlyOne

🎙️ Future Journalist
Trusted ⭐

Why when the groundworks already in place? This was always going to be the scenario. But the fact is Partey has a release clause that can be triggered at any point after we've done the Aouar deal. I won't stop believing that's what we'll do until the morning of deadline day itself.

I don't know man, just woke up feeling super anxious.

giphy.gif

tap-in

Nothing Wrong With Me
With Torreira still here and Partey still there without signing a new contract, I think we may end up with a player + cash deal. Just like the one AM said they would never accept!

Gunners1616

If you watched the Amazon Prime series about Man City, you could see how complicated it can be to pay a RC in Spain especially during a weekend. Man City did it for Laporte and it was really tight to get the payment over to LaLiga offices/bank.

Hard to believe we'll be able to finalize Aouar, sell/loan 4 NHG players and get Partey within 3 days...

SingmeasongSong

Right Sometimes

I really really hope you're right. Will have a toast on you, if it all goes well !

Can currently only see Aouar coming in.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

When you start supporting a football club, you don’t support it because of the trophies, or a player, or history, you support it because you found yourself somewhere there; found a place where you belong.

Dennis Bergkamp

Latest posts

Top Bottom