• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Tonny Sanabria

Status
Not open for further replies.

jmsmtthw28

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
@AFCAcademy 5h
Arsenal are now favourites to sign Barca's 17 yr old Paraguayan ST Tonio Sanabri. Roma were in the lead, but apparently cant match our offer
Barca offered him a pretty good contract but couldn't guarantee him first team football, Roma double that offer and gave him first team assurance, Arsenal have now made a bigger offer than Roma and have given him first team assurance,
The kid has a 3 million buyout clause which both Roma and Arsenal are willing to pay.

Its still not done but Arsenal should secure his services.

cannonade

Established Member
jmsmtthw28 said:
@AFCAcademy 5h
Arsenal are now favourites to sign Barca's 17 yr old Paraguayan ST Tonio Sanabri. Roma were in the lead, but apparently cant match our offer
Barca offered him a pretty good contract but couldn't guarantee him first team football, Roma double that offer and gave him first team assurance, Arsenal have now made a bigger offer than Roma and have given him first team assurance,
The kid has a 3 million buyout clause which both Roma and Arsenal are willing to pay.

Its still not done but Arsenal should secure his services.
I think this will may be a MASSIVE signing, if we can pull it off. This guy has so much ability.

Sydney Gooner

Established Member
Capture.png

f3cra9.png

Wrighty4eva

Established Member
Well if his agent has any sense he will realize that we would be the best option for him just based off our striking options he would leap frog afobe, sanogo, and akpom and under the tutelage of wenger will be given the opportunity to show his class on a world stage very excited for this to happen ...

jmsmtthw28

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Sanabria will be ahead of Sanogo if he came to Arsenal, Wenger will still buy a ST in January/summer but Sanabria can play LW, RW, ST, CAM so he will still get plenty of chances with the first team next season

wengerboy

Established Member
jmsmtthw28 said:
Sanabria will be ahead of Sanogo if he came to Arsenal, Wenger will still buy a ST in January/summer but Sanabria can play LW, RW, ST, CAM so he will still get plenty of chances with the first team next season

Thanks for your input. Should I be getting excited over signing him, does he have the potential to be the best striker in the league in the future?

jmsmtthw28

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
wengerboy said:
jmsmtthw28 said:

Thanks for your input. Should I be getting excited over signing him, does he have the potential to be the best striker in the league in the future?
I have only seen him play a couple of games but he has the talent to be a WC striker.

jmsmtthw28

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Arsenal set to beat Roma in bid to land £2.5m Barcelona youngster Sanabria

Arsenal and Roma have made offers to Barcelona teenager Tonny Sanabria.
The 17-year-old striker is a Paraguay international and regular in Barcelona's B side.
His representatives held meetings on Wednesday and Arsenal are deemed favourites to pip the Italians to his signature once they trigger the player's £2.5million buy-out clause next month.

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2515060/Arsenal-set-beat-Roma-bid-land-Barcelona-youngster-Tonny-Sanabria.html#ixzz2lzT8eFcR" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/footba ... z2lzT8eFcR</a>

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3dwjVha7JHY" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3dwjVha7JHY</a>

Verdu (agent Sanabria): "We're waiting for a new meeting with the club. If he leaves, that could already be in January." [rac1]
<a class="postlink" href="http://www.barcaforum.com/showthread.php/11535-Antonio-Sanabria/page2?s=5a788ebf90e5e18291073a984edbfb9e" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.barcaforum.com/showthread.ph ... 984edbfb9e</a>

thedon5

Sanabria
Oxlade-Chamberlain Zelalem Gnabry

Sorted in attack for the next 15 seasons with fairly young players like Özil and Walcott still available.

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
Guy sounds like a prospect and a half!

Feel a bit sorry for Akpom though, first Sanogo and Bendtner's return, now this lol. Thought he'd be the one to make it - he's also still very talented.

Bigbludfire

Established Member
Really not feeling this pic he posted of van judas on twitter though
<a class="postlink" href="https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BXvH20iIEAAg3tT.jpg:large" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BXvH20iIEAAg3tT.jpg:large</a>" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

It means

Always trust in you, never let the critics get to you blah blah nonsense. I feel to slap him if he wasn't so talented

Sydney Gooner

Established Member
SCOUT WATCH: TONNY SANABRIA

Reports in both Spain and England this week have reported that Arsenal are leading the race to sign Barcelona B's young striker, Tonny Sanabria, with the Paraguayan still tied to a youth contract with the Catalan club.

Under current Spanish contract law, youth players are unable to sign professional contracts until they turn eighteen, which has in the past, led to Arsenal signing players like Cesc Fabregas, Hector Bellerin and Jon Toral. With Sanabria not turning eighteen until March, Arsenal could snap up the highly-rated Paraguayan youngster for just £2.5m (his buy-out clause) in January.

Sanabria was promoted to the Barcelona B side by current first-team manager, Tito Vilanova, prior to the Spaniard taking the top job at the Camp Nou. This season, Sanabria has made 6 appearances for Barcelona B in the Segunda Division, scoring once. However, his record playing in the UEFA Youth Cup has been far more impressive, having scored 4 goals in just 3 matches, including braces against AC Milan and Celtic.

Sanabria, known as 'Tonny' in Spanish circles is predominantly right footed and possesses lightning pace, both with and without the ball.

Should Arsenal take the risk and sign him, we could have a real gem on our hands. Judging by the noises of discontent surrounding our pursuit of Sanabria coming out of Barcelona, the Paraguayan is already tipped become a real superstar.

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.1886blog.com/2013/11/scout-watch-tonny-sanabria.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.1886blog.com/2013/11/scout-w ... abria.html</a>

Sottobosco

Thats not a "scout watch". All I got is that he has great pace. Everything else already summarised elsewhere.

ArsenesNO1Fan

Established Member
What would a signing like this mean to our chances of getting a top striker? If we get a top striker this guy and Sanogo pretty much get no development chances. If we don't we're reliant on youths as back up who may not make it.

As we're promising him first team action, I don't think that leaves space for another striker.

cannonade

Established Member
ArsenesNO1Fan said:
What would a signing like this mean to our chances of getting a top striker? If we get a top striker this guy and Sanogo pretty much get no development chances. If we don't we're reliant on youths as back up who may not make it.

As we're promising him first team action, I don't think that leaves space for another striker.
Good question. It's all hypothetical at this point, but my theory is that this kid is good enough to step into the first team and will jump ahead of the other mentioned players. We wouldn't sign another big name striker in January and would use Theo, Pods, Bendt to give Giroud a blow, as Tonny gets acclimated. I think this kid would be the new striker signing for the present and future---if we sign him. Seems like a Wenger move.

jmsmtthw28

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Wenger should still look for a ST in January even if we get Sanabria, hopefully we will find a good player on loan in January.

amirkat

Established Member
MutableEarth said:
Guy sounds like a prospect and a half!

Feel a bit sorry for Akpom though, first Sanogo and Bendtner's return, now this lol. Thought he'd be the one to make it - he's also still very talented.

Akpom? What about Afobe! Yeah, he's been injured but I was hoping he'd get minutes this season.

This kid sounds like a coup btw.

ArsenesNO1Fan

Established Member
cannonade said:
ArsenesNO1Fan said:

Good question. It's all hypothetical at this point, but my theory is that this kid is good enough to step into the first team and will jump ahead of the other mentioned players. We wouldn't sign another big name striker in January and would use Theo, Pods, Bendt to give Giroud a blow, as Tonny gets acclimated. I think this kid would be the new striker signing for the present and future---if we sign him. Seems like a Wenger move.

The kid would have to be the level Anelka was when he signed for that to work.

jmsmtthw28 said:
Wenger should still look for a ST in January even if we get Sanabria, hopefully we will find a good player on loan in January.

But would he because then he wouldn't be able to give Sanabria the miniutes he promised him. Unless Sanabria is happy being a 3rd choice bench player.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

I think I lost my hair flicking the ball on for all them years at the near post from Brian Marwood's corners

Steve Bould
Top Bottom