• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Transfer Deadline Day 2013/2014 Winter

silent_shadow

Established Member
TheCourier said:
silent_shadow said:
I swear Goonerdave was one of those sure about Cesc coming back...

Cesc ain't coming he is getting good playing time in barca
I know, I'm not dreaming of Cesc when we have Kim coming in...

The point was this Dave is probably an attention-seeking fraud.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
Jeremy Wilson ‏@JWTelegraph
No change at Arsenal...Kim Kallstrom to be only signing unless there are unexpected changes. No push for Klose

GG8

silent_shadow said:

He was, but to be fair on him a lot of people were made to believe Cesc was going to happen in the summer. Think it was one big piss-take that everyone fell for.

ScotVieira

Established Member
yousif_arsenal said:
Dan Roan ‏@danroan
Have it on good authority that Arsenal were offered Berbatov & could have signed him, but spurned the chance. Wonder if they'll regret it.

Dan Roan is BBC journalist, why Wenger rejected the idea? Berba could help us.
I'm not so sure about Berba.
IMO signing Berba will be on the same level as signing Kim Karlstrom.

Why should we regret not having Berba. On current form, I dont think Arsène will play Berba over Bendtner. We deserve better.

silent_shadow

Established Member
I'd take Berbatov over Bendtner frankly. Our CF situation is so dire it shouldn't be hard to find a player to improve our depth there.

TheCourier

silent_shadow said:
TheCourier said:
silent_shadow said:

Cesc ain't coming he is getting good playing time in barca
I know, I'm not dreaming of Cesc when we have Kim coming in...

The point was this Dave is probably an attention-seeking fraud.

Yep dude meant the same sorry

Floating

Established Member
ScotVieira said:
yousif_arsenal said:
Dan Roan ‏@danroan
Have it on good authority that Arsenal were offered Berbatov & could have signed him, but spurned the chance. Wonder if they'll regret it.

Dan Roan is BBC journalist, why Wenger rejected the idea? Berba could help us.
I'm not so sure about Berba.
IMO signing Berba will be on the same level as signing Kim Karlstrom.

Not at all - Berbatov is proven in the PL, and has played for one of the biggest clubs in the world. Kallstrom is 31 and has never played in a top league.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
Berba is still there and Fulham signed decent striker hope Arsène change his mind.

North5

Here since 2009. Unlike Cornavirus.

Kim Kalstrum can't even start for Moscow this season. It's a dire signing.

k24bfan

Not even getting a striker on loan? I guess I was wrong I thought that was what AW was looking for.

GG8

Fck off Arsenal, Just **** the **** off out of my sight.

2 ****ing years to get a striker of decent quality in and what do we get, Gioud who is run into the ground, Nicky B who vowed to never play for the club again and a player we have had a the club for god knows how long yet never even gets minutes on the pitch.

Laughable.

GOONER1991

Established Member
Two days ago, we looked likely to be signing Draxler and Vucinic. A potentially world class winger, who can turn into the complete player, while we were getting an experienced striker, with good technique and link up play, who had won titles - one unbeaten.

Now we get this random dude, and likely no one else. Heart breaking really. Really knocks the morale.

Lady_Gooner

Posting While Meditating
Trusted ⭐

Lets just keep giroud/bendtner in our prayers. I hope we'll find the resources to keep scoring

squallkid

Established Member
What can ya do?

We're all just fans, waiting and hoping for the club to buy some players and win some trophies.

Even a signing (better than Kallstrom) just to show that we're serious this season, well we are serious but a new signing would just reinforce our intention.

Just realize two things about Arsenal: 1. The players the papers link us with are not the ones we end up buying (Higuan/Fellaini were linked to us all summer but we signed Özil and Flamini).

2. When we want a player, we usually do our business quickly and efficiently. First time I've seen this Kallstrom guy linked to us was today and he's already having a medical. Also just look at the Mertesacker, Santos, Park and Arteta signings from that summer.

Is this guy enough to win us the title? Probably not

Were we guaranteed to win the title if we had bought a striker? Probably not, guy could have torn his ACL on February 1st in training.

Is this team good enough to win a trophy? Yes

Webdesignlab

Established Member
Lady_Gooner said:
Lets just keep giroud/bendtner in our prayers. I hope we'll find the resources to keep scoring

Obviously once we have finished our moaning (and with good reason) we will all get behind what we have.

But for now ... wtf is going on?

Arsenal Quotes

Arsenal have got as much chance of being handed the title by Sp*rs as I have of being given the Crown Jewels. They are the last people we want winning the Championship. Now we mean to round off our season by beating Arsenal.

Alan Mullery (Sp*rs captain in 1971)

There is no way we were going to be beaten

Bertie Mee in the same game after beating Spurs and clinching the Double at White Hart Lane
Top Bottom