• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

UEFA Champions League 2014/2015

Status
Not open for further replies.

fabo

6.51 / 10
Pogba has fantastic ability but definitely overrated at this point. Bit of a highlights reel player than a Patrick Vieira.

I thought Vidal and Marchisio were good. Barzagli aswell, as usual.

Overall, Messi has had higher scoring seasons, but I think this is one of his most complete seasons. Didn't like the selfishness a few years back playing through the middle. Suarez has changed the dynamic for the good. I need to see Messi live at some stage in the next few years.

Not sure about Iniesta MOTM tbh.

Rain Dance

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
proper final, Juve made me thinks they can overturn the odds for a good 10 minutes
( I thought Morata has a right to a penalty kick, but there's no way the ref is going to give a pen against Barca in a final)
but alas ... Buffon must be gutted though

Anyway, I don't like how both Barca and Juve players surround the referee with every incident, some of those protests look booking worthy, Danny Alvez especially guilty

jones

Captain Serious
Trusted ⭐
I've lost count in how many big finals Iniesta has scored, assisted and/or been MOTM in the last few years, three CL, one Euros and a WC final at least. He looks as beta as it gets but the lad puts Zidane to shame in big game performances.

jones

Captain Serious
Trusted ⭐
proper final, Juve made me thinks they can overturn the odds for a good 10 minutes
( I thought Morata has a right to a penalty kick, but there's no way the ref is going to give a pen against Barca in a final)
but alas ... Buffon must be gutted though
I thought the ref gave Juve more than Barca to be honest, five minutes injury time etc, a lot of refs would have given Neymar's disallowed goal too.

arsenalfc0719

Established Member
Hopefully Pirlo stays one more season in Europe though he is clearly past his best. The man is still a maestro.

Watching Pirlo and Buffon is still amazing.

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

According to Marca we receive no payment from Barca winning the CL as Thomas played no minutes.

Someone else said on twitter that we recieved 3M but would have got more if he played a certain number of games.

wengerboy

Established Member
I've lost count in how many big finals Iniesta has scored, assisted and/or been MOTM in the last few years, three CL, one Euros and a WC final at least. He looks as beta as it gets but the lad puts Zidane to shame in big game performances.

I remember in 06 when Iniesta didnt make Spains WC squad Barca fans were upset because they thought that Iniesta was way better than Cesc I thought they were envious they gave me reasons but I thought there were nuts at the time.

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

What about that volley in 2002 and the 98 World Cup final?

amirkat

Established Member
What about the 2006 WC tbh when he came out of retirement and showed the world how to play football.

Zidane > All

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

What about the 2006 WC tbh when he came out of retirement and showed the world how to play football.

Zidane > All

Just don't bring up the final!

But yeah seriously he schooled that sick Brazilian team in the quarters. One of if not the best performance I've ever seen. Messi putting 4 past us is the only similar one.

Edit: How many great players are on the pitch for that game!? Henry, Ronaldo, Kaka, Roberto Carlos, Cafu, Ronaldinho, Ribery, Lucio, Thuram, Makelele, Gilberto and Vieira with Zidane head and shoulders above them all.

One of the highest quality World Cups I've seen.

Last edited:

North5

Here since 2009. Unlike Cornavirus.

But yeah seriously he schooled that sick Brazilian team in the quarters. One of if not the best performance I've ever seen. Messi putting 4 past us is the only similar one.

Edit: How many great players are on the pitch for that game!? Henry, Ronaldo, Kaka, Roberto Carlos, Cafu, Ronaldinho, Ribery, Lucio, Thuram, Makelele, Gilberto and Vieira with Zidane head and shoulders above them all.

One of the highest quality World Cups I've seen.

We're not worthy.

amirkat

Established Member

Yes mate, straight in the top 10.

Zidane knew when to turn it on.

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

I just love the way how at 34 he just moves past that Brazilian midfield like it isn't there, the way he gets the crowd to roar. It's football as it should be.

SuperGoon

Debbie Downer

Player:Saka
That picture of Zidane walking past the world cup will always be engraved in my mind. France deserved it up to that moment.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

An Arsenal fan, when you finish fourth, will say, “Hey, we’ve been in the top four for twenty years. We want to win the league!”. They don’t care that Manchester City or Chelsea have spent 300 or 400 million euros. They just want to beat them.
But if you finish fifteenth two years running, they will be happy if you finish fourth after that.

Arsène Wenger
Top Bottom