• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

UEFA Champions League 2015/2016

Hunta

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Worst Ajax team I've ever seen this, look like a championship side.

Kroket

Trusty and Sensible
Another huge blow to Dutch football. Seems to me like Ajax have been taking their youth policy too far, some of these lads shouldn't even be starting in the Eredivisie. They're sitting on piles of cash too, no reason why they shouldn't be investing in quality players like PSV have.

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

They are. Dutch football is at a terrible level, mainly because there is no money. Ajax want to build their team using their youth-system, but it's a simple fact that the best players get drawn to England at a early stage. Now they're losing 2-3 to Rapid ****ing Wien.

Frank de Boer has a lot of learning to do before he can really be considered a potential successor to Arsène Wenger.

Yeah that idea died a pretty quick death.

Kroket

Trusty and Sensible
The struggles of Ajax have at least as much to do with Overmars, who is their technical manager and therefore largely responsible for player recruitment. It's unbelievable just how poor a squad he's given FdB, considering the latter won them four league titles in a row after an embarassing six year drought and they're by far the richest club in Holland. Last year they never came close to properly challenging PSV yet all they've added are Heitinga, Sanogo and a few mediocre Eredivisie players.

I'd say De Boer should've jumped ship when he had the chance, he has only hurt his stock by staying at such a poorly run club. The four successive league titles he's won aren't undone by one or two tough seasons, especially considering how dire a situation Ajax were in when he took over. In Holland we also consider him the brains behind our World Cup run in 2010, when he technically was Van Marwijk's assistent but eventually turned out to be in charge of team selection and tactics. I still think he'd do well at a club where he gets proper financial backing.

redwhiteAustrian

Tu Felix Austria
Administrator
Rapid looked decent in both legs, getting back to a 2-2 from 2-0 down with ten men gave them the belief needed to travel to Amsterdam and beat Ajax at their home.

No chance for CL qualification though, but they're in the Europa League after that win.

clockwork orange

Blind faith in "LVG filoshophy"
Potential opponents for the Mancs:

Lazio Roma, AS Monaco, Rapid Wien and

the winners of the following ties (result 1 leg):
Sparta Prague v CSKA Moscow (2-2)
Club Brugge v Panathinaikos (1-2)

clockwork orange

That assumes Shaktar beat Fenerbahce. First leg was 0-0. Either no CL for JVP or a chance to maybe KO the Mancs.

clockwork orange

Congrats Celtic!

JVP not even on the bench for tonight's match.

CSKA Moscow now 3-2 up v 10 men at Sparta Prague after going 2-0 down. Dzagoev and Musa (2) with the goals.

clockwork orange

Shaktar 3-0 up, same goes for Club Bruges.

The Mancs will play one of these 5: Lazio Roma, AS Monaco, CSKA Moscow, Rapid Wien and Club Bruges.

First 3 are all tricky.

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

Yeah those three could potentially cause United problems. Lazio would be a tough away trip, Monaco would probably be a decent fight for them and CSKA beat City away last year and no one likes going all the way to Russia.

When you consider United aren't exactly in the best shape currently they'd be praying for Vienna or Club Bruges.

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

I think they'll probably qualify whoever they face, so I'd hope for Moscow. A long round trip to Russia to play on artificial grass might well weaken them for their game straight after, also the chance for former player Zoran "the Bear" Tosic to knock them out would be beyond hilarious.

Nightmare would be them getting Monaco, steamrollering to victory and gloating us all the while.

Juan Matas Beard

Pronouns: dat, guy 🫶
Trusted ⭐

In order of preference: Brugge, Rapid Vienna, CSKA, Lazio, Monaco.

Not going to be easy if it's the latter 3. Losing and going straight into Europa will end our season as soon as it's started.

Two of the most important fixtures this season for us...

albakos

Arséne Wenger: "I will miss you"
Administrator

Player:Saka
In order of preference: Brugge, Rapid Vienna, CSKA, Lazio, Monaco.
Not going to be easy if it's the latter 3. Losing and going straight into Europa will end our season as soon as it's started.
Two of the most important fixtures this season for us...

I was hoping you would get Fener with JVP to dump you out. Would've killed even that smallish legacy that he has on your team.

David Smith

Established Member
latest

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

United will gets one of the easiest two teams of those five. You just know they will ;).

Arsenal Quotes

The club changed so much, I changed with it and football has changed with us... But one thing never changes: the 90 minutes still belong to the player, 90 minutes during which he is king.

Arsène Wenger: My Life in Red and White

Latest posts

Top Bottom