• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

UEFA Champions League 2017-18

CurryFlavoured

Established Member
Barca and Bayern are the two favourites for me, closely followed by City as the 3rd favourite.
PSG are definitely up there as well. And if Juve or Real can squeeze by this round, they'll fancy their chances of going far.

City favourites right now for me. They lack the experience at that level but everything else points towards them.

Mrs Bergkamp

Double Dusted
Dusted 🔻
What a team PSG have atm. It will be interesting to see if they kick on in the second half or whether the scars of Barca still linger.

say yes

forum master baiter
Just realised that I want English teams to do well in Europe.

Arsenal have actually become a small club haven't we?

Vinci

The Sultan of Unai

Such an obvious dive ffs.

So many of these ****s only have one thing on their mind when they get into the box.
Yep, they should change the rules so that not every foul in the box results in a penalty. How can it be fair when someone is fouled in the box, but wasn't in a goalscoring position, suddenly gets rewarded a massive chance to score from the spot, makes no sense.

Won't happen, though, considering how unbelievably long it even takes to implement basic sh*t like goal-line technology and VAR.

El Duderino

That's, like, your opinion, man.
Commentators are really not helping with this, they keep telling the audience that it is okay and make it normal. But it is far from normal, it's killing the game.

Doesn't help that referees eat it up. If anything, at least allow for retroactive punishment if a player dove.

Start with a 1, 3, than 6 match ban. Unless we actively try to punish it, there's no way players will stop.

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

I'll be supporting Chelsea in the CL but no I'll not be cheering for any of the others. Imagine being happy that Liverpool are winning ffs.

CurryFlavoured

Established Member
I hate people who think touching someone in the box = penalty. At the risk of sounding like a BT sport commentator, its literally a contact sport.
I think whoever is at the top of decisions/refereeing needs to have a good look at penalty decisions. As you say, it's not about contact. It's about contact that impedes your opponents chances in some way unfairly. It drives me up the wall when I hear pundits saying "hmm, but there was contact" with the tackling equivalent of a light breeze. It basically encourages diving.

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

Real Madrid could honestly do with someone like Ramsey in midfield, Modric, Kroos and Casemiro all looking to occupy the same space while Isco also tends to drop deep. It's all a bit static and clustered.

CurryFlavoured

Established Member
Real Madrid could honestly do with someone like Ramsey in midfield, Modric, Kroos and Casemiro all looking to occupy the same space while Isco also tends to drop deep. It's all a bit static and clustered.
By 'someone like Ramsey', you don't mean Ramsey though. He hasn't got the close control, dribbling or passing range to play in the Real midfield.

Arsenal Quotes

Dennis Bergkamp is the club's unconditional idol, a perfectionist whom I never saw make a careless technical move.

Arsène Wenger: My Life in Red and White
Top Bottom