UEFA Champions League 2017-18

Discussion in 'Football Talk' started by razörist, Jul 26, 2017.

1. CurryFlavoured

CurryFlavoured Well-Known Member

Simple answer - KDB has improved a level when moving to CM, so I think it's safe to say he's found his home in that role. Özil has never been as good on the right wing as #10.

Trilly likes this.
  2. Mrs Bergkamp

Mrs Bergkamp Well-Known Member

:lol:

3. Mrs Bergkamp

Mrs Bergkamp Well-Known Member

Woj is used to winning there. I bet Allegri starts him for old times sake as well.

4. Rex Banner

Rex Banner Massive SAFophile Trusted

Didn't watch the match but I knew when I saw it was 2-2, even with his goals that guy Gonzalo missed a boatload of chances. Never forget that WC final, would have made decent bank if he'd tucked that away.

Malky, krengon and celestis like this.
  5. NieThePiet

NieThePiet Part Time Werder Bremen Fan

Higuain bottled the game? Really?

Yeah, he missed the penalty, but every attack was nearly a one-man-show from Higuain. He had no support from the midfield, get a long ball from a defender or Buffon and had to deal with it alone. He had some great runs and could control the ball often enough.

His first goal was a briliant strike. His finish on the counter wasn't that easy.

Don't watching Juventus often and now i know why. I don't see a real tactic their. They should be happy that Spurs gifted them two penalties and haven't paid attention on the free kick.

dashsnow17 likes this.
  6. BobP

BobP Favre Fan

Have to credit Spurs really.

Beat United at home, draw to Liverpool away, beat Arsenal at home, and now draw Juventus away.

In seasons past we've seen runs like that end our season.

kopzilla, RacingPhoton and Trilly like this.
  7. al-Ustaadh

al-Ustaadh Professor of Twitter

Spurs will be ****ed when Dybala plays against them. That's what hurt Juventus the most today. He'll change the dynamics completely, especially at Wembley with the bigger pitch and more space being afforded to him.

BBF likes this.
  8. remains

remains Well-Known Member

Tottenham really impressive lately... big results in big games. How many times have Arsenal bottled these make or break runs of fixtures in the last decade? Makes me sick tbh.

RacingPhoton likes this.
  9. Malky

Malky Well-Known Member

Juve could of been 4-1 up at Half time, would of been a massive task for Spurs to turn that around! Now they're in the driving seat - 2 away goals and playing at home where they're on a very good unbeaten run.
    Imagine paying £80M for a fat striker who ****s the bed in the big games tho, and if some of our fan-base had their way we would of smashed our transfer record for him the summer he went to Juve. Praise the lord that didn't happen. :lol:

10. Malky

Malky Well-Known Member

As much as I love Buffon - as a goalkeeper myself he's been an idol to me growing up, but his best days are long gone. :(

krengon likes this.
  11. Notorious Big

Notorious Big Well-Known Member

Hope that PSG will ruin that wankers from Madrid.They deserve to lose 5-0.

12. Rex Banner

Rex Banner Massive SAFophile Trusted

Ah ffs why bench Thiago Silva!? If they let Real off the hook here I'll be gutted.

13. Vibra

Vibra Well-Known Member

What a dive by Kroos

14. El Duderino

El Duderino AM Photoshop Expert

Kroos needs to give Potch a call. Bad dive.

Vibra likes this.
  15. rich 1990

rich 1990 Not Actually a Moaner

Love the attacks on Higuaín. The guy was the only good thing about Juve last night.

16. El Duderino

El Duderino AM Photoshop Expert

Expect Neymar to be fouled to oblivion today.

17. Aevius

Aevius World Cup Prediction Champion Moderator

Kimpembe-Marquinos was the partnership that won 4-0 against Barca. Thiago stepped in for Kimpembe for the away leg, and they then capitulated. Not saying that's the sole reason for the difference in results but playing Kimpembe is not as crazy as it may seem at first glance.

Rex Banner likes this.
  18. Vibra

Vibra Well-Known Member

I really missed all the rolling around in football, thanks Nacho

Jerome_Gooner likes this.
  19. KrissKringle

KrissKringle Well-Known Member

That cross from Marcelo for Ronaldo's chance!!! An absolute beauty!

Mrs Bergkamp likes this.
  20. Vinci

Vinci The Sultan of Unai

Neymar is a real wimp, playing with a maillot under his shorts. :lol: