• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

UEL Quarter-Final 1st Leg: Arsenal v Slavia Prague | Thursday, April 8 | KO: 20:00 BST | BT Sports

What will the result be?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

RunTheTrap

Kai Havertz Offense League
I'd swap Pepe and Nelson around tbh, maybe Gabriel for Mari. But I'd more go with this myself. Knowing I will never see that though lol.
I'm putting Pepe on the left cos he's too inconsistent on the right and I would like a lefty on the left because Cedric will most likely tuck in. As for picking Mari, it's more to do with Holding. Holding and Gabby have a language barrier but Mari understands English and is better on the ball than Gabby.

Oxeki

Match Day Thread Merchant
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
If Slavia knock us out, you can bet Mikel is unemployed by summer.
The club won't sack him FFS. No matter what happens, the earliest Arteta can be sacked is next season. The club have too much invested in him.

squallman

Still Pining for Wenger
The club won't sack him FFS. No matter what happens, the earliest Arteta can be sacked is next season. The club have too much invested in him.

Like what exactly? I'm genuinely asking. What has tied Arteta so intrinsically to the club more than a manager at any other club?

Unless you mean emotional investment.

Oxeki

Match Day Thread Merchant
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
Like what exactly? I'm genuinely asking. What has tied Arteta so intrinsically to the club more than a manager at any other club?

Unless you mean emotional investment.
In every area apart from financial aspect (due to financial restrictions) they've backed him more than any of our previous Manager. In Wenger's last three years you could tell he's been stripped of his powers and Ivan was more or less running things.

In the case of Emery, when he put his foot down, the club didn't back him especially in the Özil situation. This led to Emery losing the respect of the players. Despite the fact that we spent a lot under him, you could tell that most of the signings weren't his. The zaha-pepe situation comes to mind.

But Arteta has basically been given carte blanche to do whatever he wants. He was given authority to push out players he didn't like. He's more like the boss now. He's probably the most powerful man after Vinny.

Arteta is probably the most powerful manager in the top 5 leagues in Europe.
He was given this power so that he can establish a new culture at the club.

dashsnow17

Doesn’t Rate Any Of Our Attackers
Trusted ⭐
Have a bit of this...

Just realised the co-commentator for this is talking utter crap, spends the entire celebration moaning about the linesman and questioning if it was offside. The media hated us even when we were good :lol:

Rimaal

Mesmerised By Raccoons
Trusted ⭐

suspend him for 1 game that'll teach him. lol what a poverty punishment.
It's not a punishment. It's a suspension pending investigation, most likely to keep him from being questioned in England making UEFA look like fools for not acting sooner. Once a verdict is returned they'll pass the punitive judgement.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
The second game against Slavia in 2007, Arsène rang the changes...

Almunia
Diarra-Gallas-Song-Clichy
Walcott-Gilberto-Denilson-Diaby
Eduardo-Bendtner
...reckon the current team could even beat this?

A_G

Rice Rice Baby 🎼🎵
I think you'll find that whenever I say we'll win this, we either win or draw. Well, most of the time, any way.

Untitled.jpg

Sad Unai Emery GIF by DAZN North America

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

An Arsenal fan, when you finish fourth, will say, “Hey, we’ve been in the top four for twenty years. We want to win the league!”. They don’t care that Manchester City or Chelsea have spent 300 or 400 million euros. They just want to beat them.
But if you finish fifteenth two years running, they will be happy if you finish fourth after that.

Arsène Wenger

Latest posts

Top Bottom