• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

UEL R16 1st Leg: AC Milan v Arsenal | March 8, 2018 18:00 GMT | BT Sport

• Thread starter A_G
  • Start date
  • Replies 1,240
  • Views 93,756

What will be the result of this match?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Brown Gooner

DoN'T ceNsOR maH FreE SpEecH
You can wish Wenger out, but to directly WISH for us to lose is so counterproductive i have no words.

Personally, I hope we ****ing punch their italian teeth in and Wenger gets an EL victory under his belt. Then hopefully Wenger will see that as a sign and hand over the reigns this summer.

I used to be like you. In fact I was among the few users here (check out my posts if you want) who wanted Wenger to stay for one last season last summer when Arsenal had beat Chelsea in the FA Cup final. I thought Wenger deserved to win the two things he had never won (League Cup and European silverware) but I am now convinced that Wenger is finished as a top manager. He can't even beat EL tier teams now!

Also that statement is red above is just wishful thinking. WENGER WILL NOT HAND OVER THE REIGNS AND WILL NOT WALK AWAY HIMSELF! The sooner fans realise this, the better. Win or Lose, the old man has no intentions of leaving football anytime soon. In his arrogant mind he still thinks he has got it and he has, quite literally, no life outside football. He will not leave his job, in fact if Stan was to give him another 3 year extension in 2019, he would gladly sign it. Expecting him to do the right thing and leave is not gonna happen!

I respect the man for his achievements and for whatever he has done but the reality is that Wenger will have to be shown the door this summer.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
With Serie A, having to postpone all the matches on weekend, Wenger will already have lined up his excuses as AC Milan dwarf us with a 5-1 drubbing.

I'd stick a back 5 in there just not to get embarrased.
Nah Milan aren't even that great offensively to play 5 at the back against them.

Mo Britain

Doom Monger
I used to be like you. In fact I was among the few users here (check out my posts if you want) who wanted Wenger to stay for one last season last summer when Arsenal had beat Chelsea in the FA Cup final. I thought Wenger deserved to win the two things he had never won (League Cup and European silverware) but I am now convinced that Wenger is finished as a top manager. He can't even beat EL tier teams now!

Also that statement is red above is just wishful thinking. WENGER WILL NOT HAND OVER THE REIGNS AND WILL NOT WALK AWAY HIMSELF! The sooner fans realise this, the better. Win or Lose, the old man has no intentions of leaving football anytime soon. In his arrogant mind he still thinks he has got it and he has, quite literally, no life outside football. He will not leave his job, in fact if Stan was to give him another 3 year extension in 2019, he would gladly sign it. Expecting him to do the right thing and leave is not gonna happen!

I respect the man for his achievements and for whatever he has done but the reality is that Wenger will have to be shown the door this summer.
Wenger will not hand over the reins even if we are thrashed so to wish for it is pointless. Your "Stan" - I'm not on first-name terms with the bag of **** - may or may not decide to terminate Wenger's contract but be sure he will take the decision in his own best interests and not Arsenal's and if he thought for one moment it would be good for business to get us relegated he'd be delighted - as would also no doubt be delighted those whose hatred of Wenger is greater than their love for Arsenal.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
Going offensively Milan heavily dependable on Suso and Bounaventura. closing them down will be very important

Brown Gooner

I won't be supporting the Italians but I will try my best to watch the match more as a neutral so that I don’t have to suffer the pain again.

Users here who are living in the fantasy that Wenger will walk on a high if he (somehow) wins the EL are so so wrong. He will use it as proof that he is the correct person for the job and we will be having the same old discussions this time next year or maybe Stan would give him a new contract.

albakos

Arséne Wenger: "I will miss you"
Administrator

Player:Saka
Nah Milan aren't even that great offensively to play 5 at the back against them.

But defensively, we are disastrously bad.

Let's stick
Bellerin - Chambers - Mustafi - Koscielny - Kolasinac as back 5.

It's not as it Welbeck will score a goal there. The guy can't even hold the ball right.

rich 1990

Not A Big Believer In Diversity
But defensively, we are disastrously bad.

Let's stick
Bellerin - Chambers - Mustafi - Koscielny - Kolasinac as back 5.

It's not as it Welbeck will score a goal there. The guy can't even hold the ball right.
Basically, what you're saying, we can't attack or defend.

Personally, I think the less Arsenal defenders that are on the pitch the better. The gimps just get in each others way.

Brown Gooner

Wenger will not hand over the reins even if we are thrashed so to wish for it is pointless. Your "Stan" - I'm not on first-name terms with the bag of **** - may or may not decide to terminate Wenger's contract but be sure he will take the decision in his own best interests and not Arsenal's and if he thought for one moment it would be good for business to get us relegated he'd be delighted - as would also no doubt be delighted those whose hatred of Wenger is greater than their love for Arsenal.
Be real man. No CL football for two years in a row and (hopefully) people not renewing season tickets and reduced ticket sales plus decrease in shirt sales is gonna affect the club’s profits. Kroenke is gonna be annoyed if he sees the money figures go down and then he might press the (proverbial) trigger.

And leaving the hyperbole aside, getting relegated would never be good for the business of any club. In fact if (God forbid) Arsenal were to be relegated somehow, I can see Stan Kroenke selling his 70% ownership and getting the **** out of our club.

lamby22

It's Not Lupus

Every single one of our attackers look shot to pieces confidence wise so what has Wenger got to lose by starting Eddie? With the way we are playing and the fact there are a few decent sides in it I would say there's a very slim chance of us winning it - so give the young lad a chance. It's not like defeat is going to get Wenger the sack..

Penn_

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
jAZnwJ.jpg

Yet to lose this year, although quite a few marginal wins in there.

Brown Gooner

Every single one of our attackers look shot to pieces confidence wise so what has Wenger got to lose by starting Eddie? With the way we are playing and the fact there are a few decent sides in it I would say there's a very slim chance of us winning it - so give the young lad a chance. It's not like defeat is going to get Wenger the sack..
I think it can, this time things are really really bad. Arsenal under Wenger have never had their season ended in March and this time there is gonna be no late winning run that sees us sneak into Top 4.

With all that being said, starting with a CF who is atrocious at finishing is like going with an arm tied in a fist fight. Eddie should start ahead of Welbeck. The kid has nothing to lose and everything to gain.

Mo Britain

Doom Monger
Be real man. No CL football for two years in a row and (hopefully) people not renewing season tickets and reduced ticket sales plus decrease in shirt sales is gonna affect the club’s profits. Kroenke is gonna be annoyed if he sees the money figures go down and then he might press the (proverbial) trigger.

And leaving the hyperbole aside, getting relegated would never be good for the business of any club. In fact if (God forbid) Arsenal were to be relegated somehow, I can see Stan Kroenke selling his 70% ownership and getting the **** out of our club.
Be real. Take a look at how Kronke runs his teams in the US. You might care about CL football, all he cares about is money. I hope Kronke goes but I still won't cheer against my team in the hope he does.

Actually, with the parachute payments teams get when relegated, it is conceivable that some teams might benefit from being escalator teams,

HollandGooner

Established Member

Player:Ødegaard
I understand that we do not have the greatest motivation to look at this match, but lets turn something around we could do with a good performance just hope the players give their 200%. not happy with Welbeck up top, but we need to accept it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

I was receiving offers from many other clubs and declining them all, even the most tempting ones. Juventus, Real Madrid, PSG contacted me, Bayern, France, England...I am happy to have been able to say no to more glory, more money, and to have been guided only by the idea of loyally serving the club. I had knitted myself a soul in Red and White.

Arsène Wenger: My Life in Red and White
Top Bottom