• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

UEL Round of 32 1st Leg: Benfica vs Arsenal | Thursday 18th February |20:00 | BT Sport

What do you love more?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Melquiades

Benfica aren't really s**t they might having poor season like us but got players on thier day can cause troubles don't underrate anyone or its Olympiakos all over again

Absolutely. They’re on a poor run of form in the last month but looking at their roster it would probably be a that of a mid-to-lower-mid table PL team. Like, something between West Ham and Palace. They do have current internationals from quality nations at virtually every spot in their best 11. Players like Darwin Nunez, Everton, Waldschmidt are quality.

If we play our best 11 we’re definitely favoured and *should* win but these definitely aren’t games I would be taking lightly. And I sure as hell wouldn't feel very comfortable playing a heavily rotated squad with no Saka or ESR.

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

Absolutely. They’re on a poor run of form in the last month but looking at their roster it would probably be a that of a mid-to-lower-mid table PL team. Like, something between West Ham and Palace. They do have current internationals from quality nations at virtually every spot in their best 11. Players like Darwin Nunez, Everton, Waldschmidt are quality.

If we play our best 11 we’re definitely favoured and *should* win but these definitely aren’t games I would be taking lightly. And I sure as hell wouldn't feel very comfortable playing a heavily rotated squad with no Saka or ESR.

Hasnt Nunez been really poor recently? Was listening to a decent podcast which they were featured on and apparently the likes of Everton, Weigl and Nunez have been struggling since Christmas.

Melquiades

Hasnt Nunez been really poor recently? Was listening to a decent podcast which they were featured on and apparently the likes of Everton, Weigl and Nunez have been struggling since Christmas.

Oh, for sure. Like I said, they're on a really poor run of form for the last month or six weeks. But there are still very quality players there who will turn things around at some point ... just hopefully not in these games. And you can't take them lightly. Wolves were on a terrible run of form and look what happened in that game.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
Tierney back just in time. Him will make our forward go up few levels need to really manage him carefully as solid Cedric been but the difference between him and Tierney is huge

dashsnow17

Doesn’t Rate Any Of Our Attackers
Trusted ⭐

My boy Nunez will come good, best young target man out there. Or if he doesn't then my boy Vlahovic will come good, best young target man out there.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel

...always felt our 1988-1992 team doesn't get the respect it deserves, maybe because it came just before the Premiership started...but to win 2 titles in 3 years after not winning it since the very early 70s, with players like Adams and Rocastle, was massive for our club as it really put us on the map again.

Mo Britain

Doom Monger

...always felt our 1988-1992 team doesn't get the respect it deserves, maybe because it came just before the Premiership started...but to win 2 titles in 3 years after not winning it since the very early 70s, with players like Adams and Rocastle, was massive for our club as it really put us on the map again.
From 1987-1994 we won 2 league titles, the Cup Winners Cup, 1 FA Cup, 2 League Cups.

That was impressive for a team made of Arsenal academy players and mostly cheap signings. I guess Smith and Wrighty were our most expensive players then.

Riou

From 1987-1994 we won 2 league titles, the Cup Winners Cup, 1 FA Cup, 2 League Cups.

That was impressive for a team made of Arsenal academy players and mostly cheap signings. I guess Smith and Wrighty were our most expensive players then.

Filled with immense pride and immense annoyance, whenever I think of that Cup Winners Cup win.

Pride because, it has to be one of the best nights in our history...to beat that Parma team, without Ian Wright, one of the best defensive performances from us.

Annoyance because, how is that our last European trophy ffs...the teams we have had after that too, I haven't even seen us win anything in Europe as a fan :lol:

Mo Britain

Doom Monger
Filled with immense pride and immense annoyance, whenever I think of that Cup Winners Cup win.

Pride because, it has to be one of the best nights in our history...to beat that Parma team, without Ian Wright, one of the best defensive performances from us.

Annoyance because, how is that our last European trophy ffs...the teams we have had after that too, I haven't even seen us win anything in Europe as a fan :lol:
Mystery to me. The Champions League final was totally uphill after the early sending off but we should arguably have won it, having held out for so long. But the Galtassaray game in the UEFA Cup final was incomprehensible. You look at the team we played and what they had on the pitch and how we never scored a goal is hard to credit, a fluke like the Birmingham League Cup loss.

And 2004 we should have won the CL. We had a much better team and squad than Chelsea, for the last time (for the time being).

Gooner416

Master of Stonks
Trusted ⭐

How anyone could even remotely consider the possibility of eating unseasoned chicken is mind boggling.....
Rather unseasoned fried chicken than be caught in public looking like this
tl9fz5qyekr21.jpg

Oxeki

Match Day Thread Merchant
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
Rather unseasoned fried chicken than be caught in public looking like this
tl9fz5qyekr21.jpg
I preferred the unseasoned chicken to that seasoned ****. Much more healthier and less spicy.

Wearing a bootcut jeans in public is worse than a life time of shame. :lol:

HollandGooner

Established Member

Player:Ødegaard
We should play our strongest eleven there is no reason to rotate we need to try to win this cup to go in CL next year.

Leno
Bellerin
Luiz
Gabriel
Cedric
Ceballos
Xhaka
Ødegaard
Saka
Lacazette
Auba

Riou

What are the best type of jeans?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

The match will be shown on Match of the Day later this evening and if you don't want to know the result look away now as we show you Tony Adams lifting the cup for Arsenal.

Steve Rider

Latest posts

Top Bottom