• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Unai Emery: Adios

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mrs Bergkamp

Double Dusted
Dusted 🔻
His was a bold selection today and that's what I like to see. The team had a chance on paper and as it turned out took that chance on the pitch. The manager was much more all the ball than vs Rennes where he seemed to be passive. I'm not an Özil or Ramsey fan but these two players have helped us in thd recent good performances and it's great to see them out there. We played like we were a team today as the progression of our attack showed. We're still dodgy in defence but committment ahead of our defence helped to negate tgat abd the subs were thoughtful. Now for an even better performance and result on Thursday.

Hope

Less
It is Time to show improvements now. Today he showed it.

Now the away games problem is there. We need to start playing like this in away games and win them.

Crucial away games coming up which will decide our season.

isop

Well of course he should be given credit where due for the good things he has done. I'm still a critic of course, and as I've said before, criticising him is not the same as wanting him sacked. He isn't immune from criticism even in his first season. I've always said time needs to pass to see how things play out.

He did well in the Sp**s match but some of that was down to Sp**s being poor as well. I didn't think we were as amazing as being made out still but defensively solid, well organized unusually and had some decent attacks and fighting spirit.

In the next game when we were down to 10 men, instead of organizing the team to be in a good shape, shutting the game down at 1-1, staying compact and nicking a goal or two from measured smash and grab counter attacks or setpieces, we were all over the place like headless chickens, allowing an inferior team to attack at will, making them look better than they are. That is straight after the "tactically amazing" Sp**s game. Even today, the amount of times our midfield was bypassed easily (which has been happening all season), is a worry. We've done well to win though.

On another note, I've always thought this squad was capable of competing for top 4, but was thinking Emery would need a season to implement his ideas in the transition from Wenger, so didn't expect us to finish in the top 4 this season. I'm surprised we're still in the mix, again credit to Emery for this, but obviously I'm still concerned about the longterm.

It also shows that while squad can be improved, it isn't as terrible as it's being made out to be ;)

progman07

Established Member
Finally Özil - Ramsey - Auba - Laca together, no Mustafi. Should have stuck to that much earlier.

It must be said, our home games against the big teams have been great every time this season.

ThlRama

Player:Saka
I think his vision regarding how he wants us to play is starting to become clear. Loves taking the game to the opposition to see how they react and take their chances vs. how we take ours. Confident in his training methods and needs cheeky bastards and risk takers in the team to make it work.

razörist

Soft With The Ladies, Hard With The Mes

No more big game curse for Arsenal. And shout out to the FA, **** you for letting us start with City at home and Chelsea away. They knew. We play those games 6 weeks later and I will bet you my mother we take more than 0 points. Can’t wait for next season’s battle with the top six. Emery is ready.

Dutch D

Well-Known Member & FPL Champion 19/20
Most impressed by his squad management skills, we're looking sharp and fresh, despite March.
Didn't on Thursday though, we looked slow and absolutely terrible.

I don't have an agenda against Emery, I want him to succeed, but I think our play generally hasn't been impressive this season. Our tactics against top teams, however, look very good. With better players Emery should be able to execute his sound tactics even better. I hope it will also improve our style of play and make it more attractive. At the end of the day I watch football to be entertained. I have faith he could if we have a solid transfer summer after this season.

pigge

#Pigge #Equality

Player:Martinelli
Didnt feel like the boys were fatigued after the **** thursday euro game. Feel our pressing recently are starting to feel pretty spot on. Really different from last season. This game was a very good example of that.

yybecause

Formerly known as ArsenaLover
No more big game curse for Arsenal. And shout out to the FA, **** you for letting us start with City at home and Chelsea away. They knew. We play those games 6 weeks later and I will bet you my mother we take more than 0 points. Can’t wait for next season’s battle with the top six. Emery is ready.

you sound like me. especially with that mother part

Gooner Zig

AM's Resident Accountant
Trusted ⭐

To think that stupidity on his players behalf have cost us taking full points from both Sp**s and United this season in the PL. Taking 6 points from both teams over the past few years have been unthinkable.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

If you don't believe you can do it then you have no chance at all.

Arsène Wenger
Top Bottom