• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Unai Emery: Adios

Status
Not open for further replies.

SA Gunner

Hates Tierney And Wants Him Sold Immediately

Player:Nketiah
I think we need to be realistic about where we are at the moment and what our next steps should be as a club. Clearly we are spending money which does not tie up with our current revenue generating power , so it’s important that we get that resolved and build from there.

Emery needs to make that his main priority this season and I am prepared to suffer some boring football if it means that. But I do agree that if Emery cannot secure CL football for 20/21 then he needs to move on.

If all goes well then I see Unai remaining pragmatic and being with us for the medium term, 2 more years for example. Thereafter it is our responsibility to get back to our style and class on the field, and for that we need a manager who is dedicated to that.

Hexagon9

Not even. He’s not exactly an exciting coach. Known to be very negative and pragmatic, as we seen last season. Just can’t see playing under emery as being much of a pull for an exciting youngster. Also, who wouldn’t want to play under Wenger? The man wad known worldwide for developing the best young talent, playing quick, exciting football. so you can see why players wanted to play under him. Emery? Not so much.
Players who have a desire to win/compete for the biggest trophies year on year.

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
I think we need to be realistic about where we are at the moment and what our next steps should be as a club. Clearly we are spending money which does not tie up with our current revenue generating power , so it’s important that we get that resolved and build from there.

Emery needs to make that his main priority this season and I am prepared to suffer some boring football if it means that. But I do agree that if Emery cannot secure CL football for 20/21 then he needs to move on.

If all goes well then I see Unai remaining pragmatic and being with us for the medium term, 2 more years for example. Thereafter it is our responsibility to get back to our style and class on the field, and for that we need a manager who is dedicated to that.
That style won us fans but nothing else of note, without a team packed with some of the best players in the world in their respective positions. Unless our youngsters and new signings progress at an unparalleled rate, then we’re not going to have that sort of quality any time soon.

Ideally, and unlike what we saw from 2006-2014 (I don’t really know what style I was witnessing after that), we need a mixture of pragmatism and quality/flair.

arsenefc

Obsessed With Guendouzi

We are in the middle of a major rebuild. In the last 2 yrs, pretty much everyone except Bellerin and Özil has been let go. The technical quality of the team went down a lot, as we were relying on cheap buys like doozi, sokratis, torreira etc. The club is in an extremely sound financial situation, and is worth over 2 billion $. 10 yrs ago it was valued at 1 billion. This is an asset that appreciates at 100M $ a year, is debt free, has a cash hoard and is located one of the richest and most famous and visited cities of the world. Its been only a year or so since the owner assumed full control. The owner hasnt spent anything on the club till now. If he plunks down a 100M or so once in 5 yrs, it will only protect his investment and increase his asset value.

Gunner D

Coronavirus Truther; ex. Gunner boy dd
If we make the signings we now expect, I’ll say our squad is on par with Sp**s.

We’re in much much better shape than Chelsea and Utd, better players and much better manager.

Top 4 is an expectation now, 3rd is a realistic target.
If Emery doesn’t get top 4 with Chelsea on a transfer ban and Solksjaer at the wheel, then he’s worse than I originally thought. Top 4, by right, should be a nailed on certainty.

arsenefc

Obsessed With Guendouzi

We’re in much much better shape than Chelsea and Utd, better players and much better manager.

Top 4 is an expectation now, 3rd is a realistic target.

like every season, i again will put down some money on Arsenal winning the league. The start of the season somehow always makes one an optimist.

Finally Özil will have a real dm behind him, a genuine winger in front, two hot strikers uptop and a couple of technical midfielders to ping balls with.

With Leno stepping up, and bellerin and holding returning to conquer all...and VAR coming in....this is the season.

GDeep™

League is very weak
If Emery doesn’t get top 4 with Chelsea on a transfer ban and Solksjaer at the wheel, then he’s worse than I originally thought. Top 4, by right, should be a nailed on certainty.
He’s a better manager than Lampard and Ole, much better manager. Has better players too. He should deliver.

Lampard could be a special manager but this first season at Chelsea will be too challenging with the restrictions on players he has.

Ole is just crap ffs.

drippin

Obsessed with "Mature Trusted Members"

So if top 4 should be a certainty, Emery achieving that next season gets him no praise either. "It was a given". Only winning the league or something, but that would go under luck I think? :)

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle

Top 4 is an expectation now, 3rd is a realistic .
We said that before Wengers last two seasons and it didn’t pan out well.

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
So if top 4 should be a certainty, Emery achieving that next season gets him no praise either. "It was a given". Only winning the league or something, but that would go under luck I think? :)
Usual suspects responding to the butthurt of seeing quality arriving when they said it wouldn’t because Emery blew 4th place, by ramping up the pressure and raising the bar to its limit, disregarding what business other clubs have done and are still doing...

It’s lame, but it’s expected.

GDeep™

League is very weak
We said that before Wengers last two seasons and it didn’t pan out well.
I didn’t.

This is the weakest Chelsea have been since Roman took over, and this is probably the worst Utd of the last 30 years.

Our attack is on another level, think they’ll carry us to 3rd or 4th.

GDeep™

League is very weak
Usual suspects responding to the butthurt of seeing quality arriving when they said it wouldn’t because Emery blew 4th place, by ramping up the pressure and raising the bar to its limit, disregarding what business other clubs have done and are still doing...

Give it a rest ffs. Chelsea are doing no business and Utd are managed by some Scandinavian PE teacher.

Pressure is on from the club btw, not me. They have backed him in this window and they have a break in the contract next summer if he doesn’t get 4th.

drippin

Yeah and our CB situation is still the same. Expecting Holding and Chambers to perform well.

I still think top 4 must be achieved next season by Emery and the team, but achieving that also comes with a praise.

drippin

Give it a rest ffs. Chelsea are doing no business and Utd are managed by some Scandinavian PE teacher.

Pressure is on from the club btw, not me. They have backed him in this window and they have a break in the contract next summer if he doesn’t get 4th.

Chelsea has Abraham and Batshuayi for example as newcomers eventhough they have the ban. Hazard was replaced by Pulisic which is a downgrade, but still it's new business. United has bought some good players too already.

GDeep™

League is very weak
Yeah and our CB situation is still the same. Expecting Holding and Chambers to perform well.

I still think top 4 must be achieved next season by Emery and the team, but achieving that also comes with a praise.
Of course he’ll get praise fir getting us into the CL in his second season and after 3 for us. Why you inventing this narrative that there might be no praise?

More than praise, he’ll also get a new deal and a nice summer budget.

GDeep™

League is very weak
Chelsea has Abraham and Batshuayi for example as newcomers eventhough they have the ban. Hazard was replaced by Pulisic which is a downgrade, but still it's new business. United has bought some good players too already.
They are relying on Abraham and Batshuayi, who is terrible, while we have Auba, Laca, Pepe etc. Massive quality difference.

Hazard carried them and now he’s gone. A manager in his first PL season with a young/average squad. They are there for the taking.

Utd are managed by a shocking manager, give Emery more credit than doubt his ability to finish above Ole.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

I play on the right, Tony on the left and we'll deal with whoever comes along, big or small

Martin Keown
Top Bottom