Unai Emery: Adios

Discussion in 'Arsenal Talk' started by Mo Britain, Oct 17, 2018.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

#254 Well-Known Member

Add to Lampard having lesser coaching experience and still managing to play attractive football with intent. I'd say that so far Chelsea has been unlucky and that their offensive performance just hasn't rewarded yet.
    They however need to sort up their defensive display which am sure they'll do.
    On the other hand Emery is still tinkering with his tactics and team sheet with no visible plan. Might be early days but IMO I think with him at the helm, we are ****ed.

JoaoFelix likes this.

#254 Well-Known Member

It's not about how many he concedes right now. As long as he has a clear strategy, tactical plan and a dream of how he envisages his team playing, everything will fall into place.
    The fact that he is quite young and has little to no managerial experience at the top level and still manages to organise his team like he does makes me think that that he might come good sooner rather than later.

3. RacingPhoton

RacingPhoton Well-Known Member

Oh yeah. I completely forgot. Laca haters are not blind. They just don't watch matches. They look at the scoreboard and come here to complain about numbers.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Commentator's exact words - "It's all about strength and balance"
    But haters out of their ass - "Hey you know? Laca is weak"

#254 likes this.

#254 Well-Known Member

Could @BigPoppaPump be Emery in disguise! He too doesn't fancy Laca and Torreira so much.

BigPoppaPump and RacingPhoton like this.
  5. Furious

Furious Xhaka Propagandist

That's one player you simpleton.

6. blaise

blaise Well-Known Member

Really dissapointed by the setup yesterday, practically killed my buzz, basically unchanged from our last visit to Anfield. We stand at back counting how much time is left on the clock and hoping for some accidental goal upfront with some kind of half press where Ceballos is pressing fullback and then he is in no mans land very soon because he cant cover that much space.
    So,so wrong. Maybe Ceballos would still play a bad game but he killed him with positioning in start. Only Willock could play top of the diamond beacuse of his radius but even then iz would be **** tactic. I know it is early in season but Emery should remember we are not Sevilla. Ok, we are not a match yet for Liverpool or City, but he is also not managing Everton or Southampton and he should think about that. I dont expect us to go all out on Anfield but I expect at least to see some organised attacking at times which is not happening in our own half.

7. hydrofluoric acid

hydrofluoric acid Prefers To Be Called Dennis

I like how we want to be a ultra defensive team but still have no idea how to defend. Emery at the wheel!

<<reed>> likes this.
  8. Makingtrax

Makingtrax Arséne Wenger once said "I will miss you"

Well we got a winger and we didn’t get a solid CB. How did that work out when Salah came calling?

9. Makingtrax

Think you’re a bit harsh on Emery there bro. He was never going to be a Wenger, Klopp, Pep all out attack with free flowing moves kind of manager. His style is different, but it doesn’t mean he can’t be effective given the right players.

Hleb's Sirush likes this.
  10. blaze_of_glory

blaze_of_glory Moderator Moderator

Free flowing moves are the main reason to watch football though.

celestis and Nemetoss like this.
  11. billyf

billyf Active Member

He's got one mission at the moment. Sort out the midfield situation.

12. Ozil'sCloakOfInvisibility

Ozil'sCloakOfInvisibility Not a Closet Spurs Fan

Even if we had gotten Upemecano instead of Pepe there's no guarantee Salah wouldn't have scored. He's that good

13. Hexagon9

Hexagon9 Well-Known Member

@Batman I said a couple of things that were out of order last night. Please accept my apologies.

Batman likes this.
  14. blaze_of_glory

blaze_of_glory Moderator Moderator

That winger was also the only reason we had anything going forward. Easily our best player yesterday. Liverpool score against everyone regardless. You need to be able to hit them back.

15. hydrofluoric acid

hydrofluoric acid Prefers To Be Called Dennis

Beautiful! We need more posting like this!

16. Makingtrax

But he couldn’t score and our CB did give Salah a freebie, which lost us the match bro.

I’m not saying Pepe doesn’t look a great prospect. But for years we’ve always thrown our big money at attacking players. And how has that worked out? Every year the pundits say our defence is a shambles. It isn’t tactics causing these problems . . . it’s lack of quality.

17. kraphtous

kraphtous Raul Stanllehi

18. Batman

Batman Bruce Wayne

No worries mate. I apologize if I was harsh as well. Ultimately we might not agree on how we go about it but I think we all just want the club to do well so that's really what matters. No hard feelings.

Hexagon9 and blaze_of_glory like this.
  19. Preacher

Preacher Anti-Ornstein

Only complete nonces can compare stats of these two games head-to-head.

20. kraphtous

kraphtous Raul Stanllehi

[​IMG]

Interesting, we've played worse in all our three games compared to last season despite improving the squad.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.