• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Unai Emery: Adios

Status
Not open for further replies.

Makingtrax

Worships in the house of Wenger 🙏
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
Sarri finished higher (both in their first seasons)
Klopp finished higher in his first full season (apples vs apples)
Pep finished higher as well

20 game unbeaten is all good, but it's not useful if he goes and undoes the good work at the end of the day. Also, to my mind it was the jammiest of all unbeaten runs, even the xG & xGA stats warned it wasn't sustainable

We're not 3rd, we're 7th or something :lol:
Klopp finished higher in his second season, he came 8th in his first. Pep had the richest team in history. Mourinho finished lower with United and he’s a God with many people. LVG finished lower with United. Poch finished 5th with Sp**s. Ferguson finished 11th.These are very well regarded managers.

Makingtrax

Trusted ⭐

obv not fussed about league position this early but we are NOT 3rd ffs, You dont just get to ignore goal difference ffs
We’re third on points.

The trouble with football fans is that managers, and players are either GOAT or abysmal.

There is much land and sea between the top of Everest and the bottom of the Mariana Trench if you look for it.

Pepes blue pill

We’re third on points.

The trouble with football fans is that managers, and players are either GOAT or abysmal.

There is much land and sea between the top of Everest and the bottom of the Mariana Trench if you look for it.

As everyone is aware but goal difference exists, we are not 3rd, simple as that, as I said I dont care about postition this early but its a fact we aint 3rd

Makingtrax

Trusted ⭐

As everyone is aware but goal difference exists, we are not 3rd, simple as that, as I said I dont care about postition this early but its a fact we aint 3rd
You’re making a fair bit of fuss about the fact that we’re not equal third on points for someone who doesn’t care about our position bro. ;)

Until Emery drops below our expected rivals I’m keeping my manager insults in a bag marked ‘disrespectful’.

Pepes blue pill

You’re making a fair bit of fuss about the fact that we’re not equal third on points for someone who doesn’t care about our position bro. ;)

Until Emery drops below our expected rivals I’m keeping my manager insults in a bag marked ‘disrespectful’.

Lol I have no problem with that, I saw this crap on another forum tho n it was rightly called out, you cant change the rules of football :lol::lol::lol:

Makingtrax

Trusted ⭐

Lol I have no problem with that, I saw this crap on another forum tho n it was rightly called out, you cant change the rules of football :lol::lol::lol:
The thing is while the league in operation and fluid, goal difference doesn’t mean a lot. All those teams on 8 points are all equally placed to make a bid for top 4. In fact saying Arsenal are 7th, is more misleading.

Only when the league finishes does it come into play as something meaningful. In fact as we speak Sp**s have lost which makes me very happy, and puts us in a strong position for tomorrow to really be third.

Pepes blue pill

The thing is while the league in operation and fluid, goal difference doesn’t mean a lot. All those teams on 8 points are all equally placed to make a bid for top 4. In fact saying Arsenal are 7th, is more misleading.

Only when the league finishes does it come into play as something meaningful. In fact as we speak Sp**s have lost which makes me very happy, and puts us in a strong position for tomorrow to really be third.

Again agreed but you didnt argue the FACT, u a politician?

Anyways im not going to debate something that is simply a fact, so lets just leave it and enjoy the **** losing ;)

yorch44

Commander of the Pelotudo Brigade
If team were playing with some kind of identity I swear you people won’t be calling for his head (including his greasy hair because yeah he is the greasy one because of the hair, not racism like some wanted to make it look like).

Problem is that you are calling for stats, but those stats tells you he is losing the team... the unbeaten run came at the beginning, then we have the last matches where we lost top 4 and EL final. And now we have the stat all the Emery’s top defenders decided to ignore.

More than 100 attempts against. Auba will leave next year if this continues.

Preacher

Always Crying
Emery speaking to Sky pre Villa says that Arsenal need to be better defensively and more compact, not just the individual defenders, but also as a team. Says we're too deep at times for his liking, leading to the opposition taking many shots, even though many are not important ones.

At least he is acknowledging defending too deep problem. Nowadays more often our midfielders are backpedaling into our own box than covering our defenders and defending outside of the box.
Overall our midfielders are either caught too high up the field with acres of spaces left between two lines or they are acting as 5 or 6 CB. Very rarely there is in between.

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
Not that old chestnut. One last time ffs.

If that defence was so good how did it finish as low as 10th and 12th.

Wenger broke up that defence and rebuilt it. Cole had already emerged as our left back, Lauren came in (2000), Sol Campbell (2001), Toure (2002) and Lehmann (2003). The defence that Wenger rebuilt, went on to be part of the record breaking Invincibles.

Under George Graham, our games per goal ratio was 1.14. The same back 4 under Arsène Wenger averaged 1.28 games per goal conceded, better than George Graham’s.

Enough already. You can’t keep spouting that sh!te year after year. It’s a myth.
Stfu, all I’m saying is he inherited a settled and evidently very capable back 5 compared to the muck Emery did. Now pick up your dummy, give it a wipe and carry on suckin’

yorch44

Commander of the Pelotudo Brigade
Stfu, all I’m saying is he inherited a settled and evidently very capable back 5 compared to the muck Emery did. Now pick up your dummy, give it a wipe and carry on suckin’
Someone forgot to take his pills today :lol:

Makingtrax

Trusted ⭐

Stfu, if that was all you were saying, I wouldn’t even have responded.

But what you actually said was something very different.

Wenger inherited arguably the best back 5 ever when he joined.

Wenger improved that defence as you well know. :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

Nobody has enough talent to live on talent alone. Even when you have talent, a life without work goes nowhere

Arsène Wenger

Latest posts

Top Bottom