Unai Emery: Adios

Discussion in 'Arsenal Talk' started by Mo Britain, Oct 17, 2018.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mharding033

mharding033 Active Member

I dont have faith in the board to do the right thing

Pepes blue pill and lamby22 like this.
  2. Preacher

Preacher Anti-Ornstein

After 9 games, our goal difference is 1. Poverty football. I can't think of one thing we're excel above others as a team.

NieThePiet and Pepes blue pill like this.
  3. Pepes blue pill

Pepes blue pill Well-Known Member

He is lucky we are in europa, allows him to have a easy game after every poor performance, if we were in the champs league then pressure would build on him

4. say yes

say yes To Sweet Soulful House Music

Wish people would bore off with the Wenger comparisons btw. It’s not an either / or scenario.

Wenger was rubbish and was deservedly sacked. Only pity was that it took the board so long. Emery looks rubbish and I hope the board don’t make the same mistake again.

5. North5

North5 Here since 2009. Still no custom title.

Eeet eees a no berry good a right a now

6. JoaoFelix

JoaoFelix Well-Known Member

three weeks ago there were many people here defending him because we were 3rd, I don't care if we finish in the top 4 i want him out, period!

7. El Duderino

El Duderino 99 Problems But A Mitch Ain't One

2 awya clean sheets in 24 games

Pepes blue pill likes this.
  8. Ozil'sCloakOfInvisibility

Ozil'sCloakOfInvisibility Not a Closet Spurs Fan

Great point. 4-0 and 5-0 wins in the cups have tempered a full-on meltdown. It also gave him an idea about the best way to set up this team as well but he's too damn thick to get it.

Pepes blue pill likes this.
  9. hydrofluoric acid

hydrofluoric acid Prefers To Be Called Dennis

Well this did not go like I was hoping it would be.

Zero improvements.

Token Yank likes this.
  10. say yes

I’m angry as **** with that performance, but still very happy to stick it to the insufferable xG hyprocrite-nerds who only ever mention stats when we lose:

We won xG again. Suck on it.

freeglennhelder2 likes this.
  11. GunnerShy

GunnerShy Well-Known Member

Look at the goal difference look at the shots on goal.. our points have outperformed us off the back of Auba being unbelievable. He has come back to earth now (off even worse service) and we stink.

He deserves the pressure he is about to come under and I'm interested in how he reacts.

12. GDeep™

GDeep™ Wrong, But Rarely

Who is going to finish above us? Not Utd, not Chelsea when the kids run out of steam.

Weak race for top 4 is saving Emery.

13. lamby22

lamby22 Well-Known Member

This is what I don't understand. We play with so much more freedom in those games. I know they aren't against the greatest of opposition. If we played like that in the league then maybe he'd have more backing from the fans.

14. say yes

I’d currently back Chelsea, Leicester and (just about) Sp**s to finish ahead of us. United will battle us for 6th.

15. Ozil'sCloakOfInvisibility

Ozil'sCloakOfInvisibility Not a Closet Spurs Fan

This is more telling

16. GDeep™

GDeep™ Wrong, But Rarely

Nah, Abraham, Mount etc aren’t going to produce when it’s critical like Auba, Laca etc.

Leicester similar, Vardy or Maddison dips and it’s game over. We’re just a little more stable.

17. Pepes blue pill

Pepes blue pill Well-Known Member

This was mentioned loads by people on here as well only for people to shoot them down and say you couldnt use it as a negative against emery, of course you can use one player saving the team time n time again as a negative because it cant last, the emery backers are blind tho

Artisan likes this.
  18. Riou

Riou Nostalgia Merchant

At the start of Predator, when Schwarzenegger is smoking that massive cigar...that's definitely Mesut right now! :lol:

RacingPhoton likes this.
  19. freeglennhelder2

freeglennhelder2 Well-Known Member

Piss poor. You can't defend that game. Oh well, on to the next one. Get ready for Zaha to have the game of his life :lol:

20. Kav

Kav Well-Known Member

To be fair to emery his job is not to appease fans and care about how we feel when selecting teams. His job is to win games, improve the players, attain targets.

My gripe with him is that he's not very good at any of that. We can all disagree on team selection. However when he makes inexplicable decisions and the results are poor he will have to live and die by them. Thats the nature of the game.

goonerfamily likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.