• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Virgil Van Dijk

Status
Not open for further replies.

truth_hurts

but Holding’s hair transplant was painless
Would be a very sensible signing with doubts over Koscielny and his injury plus Per in semi retirement. Player swaps are so rare in football, however a move would make loads of sense for Chambers.

Kos, Mustafi, VVD, Per, Holding, Monreal, Kolosinac would be incredible depth.

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

Don't watch him enough but boy would it be nice to have a CB who you know could physically dominate any forward you throw at him. Sick of having a CB who's too small/weak/slow etc. Good on the ball too.

Wenger doesn't do hyped-up CB's though and nobody on here seems to rate him anyway.

Arsenio Venger

Don't watch him enough but boy would it be nice to have a CB who you know could physically dominate any forward you throw at him. Sick of having a CB who's too small/weak/slow etc. Good on the ball too.

Wenger doesn't do hyped-up CB's though and nobody on here seems to rate him anyway.

Nah he's mad good. He's the total package

bingobob

A-M’s Resident Hunskelper
Trusted ⭐

Best centre half in the league. The eye sees it and every stat says it. Won more duels on the ground and in the air than any other defender, plays the ball out with exceptional accuracy short and long, quick, mobile, strong, a goal scorer to boot. The complete defender in both traditional and modern terms.

GDeep™

League is very weak
Wanted him from Celtic, would take him now too tbh.

Not watched him enough to really suss him out though. Man ain't got time to watch Southampton games ffs.

SingmeasongSong

Right Sometimes
Best centre half in the league. The eye sees it and every stat says it. Won more duels on the ground and in the air than any other defender, plays the ball out with exceptional accuracy short and long, quick, mobile, strong, a goal scorer to boot. The complete defender in both traditional and modern terms.

FINALLY, thank you.

benjamin86

Established Member
Wanted us to sign him when he was at Celtic, instead we spent 11m on Gabrielle 6months before he left for Southampton for 13m. :(

bingobob

A-M’s Resident Hunskelper
Trusted ⭐

Wanted us to sign him when he was at Celtic, instead we spent 11m on Gabrielle 6months before he left for Southampton for 13m. :(
Van Dijk signed for Southampton in the summer then we bought Gabriel in the January window. Why we never signed Van Dijk way back then I'll never understand. Anyone who seen him must have known he was a class act.

GDeep™

League is very weak
Van Dijk signed for Southampton in the summer then we bought Gabriel in the January window. Why we never signed Van Dijk way back then I'll never understand. Anyone who seen him must have known he was a class act.
I have this suspicion that clubs are scared to take risks. 5/6M for a kid playing in Scotland or 10/11M for Gabriel playing in La Liga.

benjamin86

Established Member
I looked it up before posting, VVD signed for Southampton September 2015, Gabby signed January 2015.

GDeep™

League is very weak
There are players in France who were available for small prices yet clubs passed on them, signed more established safer players.

It seems the more money that comes into England makes some clubs lazy in their recruitment.

Sniper Mik

Not a Closet Sp**s Fan
Gabriel was probably the first player recommended to Wenger by StatDNA. I read that somewhere. Lucas I'm betting was as well.

samshere

Why so serieuse?
Give them the Southampton old boys package - Walcott+Chambers+Ox. With Rooney returning to Everton maybe this is the year for reunions.

Red London

Anti-Simp Culture
Trusted ⭐
In my opinion we actually need a centre back.

We use three centre backs, Koscielny is our only top class one and you might as well write him off of 20-40% of our games.

So when he's gone, is Mustafi-Holding-Monreal good enough to win the league? (considering one of them is likely to be suspended or injured a lot of the time too).

We have the same issue at CM, Ramsey has looked great there but when he inevitebly gets a muscle/hamstring injury what are we left with? Xhaka and Coq? CM and CB positions arent being considered by a lot of people but I really think we need one of each.

Impact

Established Member
Nobody is signing players because of StatDNA. Please have a bit of common sense guys. Scouts will use the facility to flag up talent and then do the eyes test before recommending to Arsène. And then Wenger will decide using a combination of the advice of his trusted aids, videos and the stats.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

When you grow up with a club and you end up playing for them and winning things, you are from that club. I was born here. I was formulated here.

Liam Brady
Top Bottom