• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Wenger's January 2018 Transfer Targets (Sven the money)

How do you rate the January window?

• 5/10 or less (fail)

Votes: 2 2.5%
  • 6/10

Votes: 3 3.8%
  • 7/10

Votes: 17 21.5%
  • 8/10

Votes: 39 49.4%
  • 9/10

Votes: 14 17.7%
  • 10/10

Votes: 4 5.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Slartibartfast

CIES Loyalist
https://bayerncentral.onefootball.com/2017/09/reasons-carlo-ancelotti-failure-bayern/
I repeat - it would be foolish to appoint Ancelotti. This isn't 200o.

This isn't Bayern. This isn't Germany. You want to know what would be foolish? Hiring Thomas Tuchel, the guy you suggest as Arsenal's next manager. He couldn't get along with anyone at Dortmund (or anywhere else), but do you know who his chief nemesis was at the club? Sven Mislintat, who is now Arsenal's director of recruitment. Do you really want to lose the guy who is now identifying and recruiting new players for the club just two months after hiring him? Well, that's what would happen if Tuchel was named Arsenal manager today. Now THAT would be foolish.

http://www.espn.com/soccer/borussia...at-borussia-dortmund-bad-for-everyone?src=com

Emmanueleboue2

What the hell is going on with our club though? we made profit this summer, we are in good profit aldready this window and we will be in a lot of profit once we sell Walcott & sanchez. Our so called cash reserves will be less valuable year by year. This has to be one of the wors run big companies in the world. They could buy Malcolm, Lemar, Aubemeyang, S.M. SAvic without breaking a sweat but as the reports go out we should be thankful of getting in 1 winger replacement for 3(walcott,sanchez,ox). Seriously something is horribly wrong, either kroenke has decided to sell up or is testing if midtable means the same cash in the pocket.
also walcott and sanchez are high earners here.

State of this club when Welbeck and Iwobi are starters, we have worse offensive then the likes of watfords and west ham.

Steps

Terrible stuff. Rubbish striker, show pony in Draxler, Malcom developing for the big Spanish move.

I want Dybala.
seh6p.gif

Gooner Zig

AM's Resident Accountant
Trusted ⭐

Most of Germany hates them because they are a corporate club. But they don't hate them as much as they hate Bayern.

RB Leipzig are hated for the same reason no?

Didn't know that Leverkuesen were considered a 'corporate club'

Slartibartfast

CIES Loyalist
RB Leipzig are hated for the same reason no?

Didn't know that Leverkuesen were considered a 'corporate club'

Yep. They're the Bayer pharmaceutical people. Wolfsburg is Volkswagen. Leipzig are hated for the same reason (Red Bull), although since they're such a new club it isn't quite so ingrained (but they're still hated for buying their way to the top).

But Bayern is still the most hated thanks to decades of bullying everyone else. :lol:

Toby

No longer a Stuttgart Fan
Yep. They're the Bayer pharmaceutical people. Wolfsburg is Volkswagen. Leipzig are hated for the same reason (Red Bull), although since they're such a new club it isn't quite so ingrained (but they're still hated for buying their way to the top).

But Bayern is still the most hated thanks to decades of bullying everyone else. :lol:

With Bayern you're right. But Leipzig has become a close second, because they're not even a real club.

Red London

Anti-Simp Culture
Trusted ⭐
Iwobi has time to become better. Maybe not world class but better. Welbeck a nightmare.
I get where you are coming from in terms of ability, but in my personal opinion Iwobi isnt good enough to be a future part of first 16 if we want to be a consistent CL team. He has good close control dribbling but isnt amazing at it, he isnt quick and his end product is dreadful, so bad that I dont think it can ever be fixed (his final ball as well as finishing)

Welbeck is a bit of a donkey but he does effect games, imo his heart vs Chelsea in the cup final was a catalyst for our win, I had him and Mertesacker down as our two biggest influencers

SingmeasongSong

Right Sometimes
It seems a lack of football made a lot of people watch the match yesterday - well, so Baley might finally have introduced himself to a broader audience in AM.
We just cannot miss out on that guy without even trying and he is 100% avaailable for 35-40m right now.
A goddamn steal compared to all the other folks. :(

Sammy1887

New Year, Same Hate For Reed
It seems a lack of football made a lot of people watch the match yesterday - well, so Baley might finally have introduced himself to a broader audience in AM.
We just cannot miss out on that guy without even trying and he is 100% avaailable for 35-40m right now.

In Wenger's mind Iwobi is a bigger talent and is free too sadly.

bingobob

A-M’s Resident Hunskelper
Trusted ⭐

It's encouraging so far. The one player we've brought in who was meant to go on loan a Wenger didn't think he was ready has found himself on the cusp of the first team. Either Wenger was being very complimentary as we are a bit short in defence or else these new guys are actually targeting and acquiring decent players.

Either way, I'm just glad there are some foundations in place to drive us forward now and in the future.

dashsnow17

Doesn’t Rate Any Of Our Attackers
Trusted ⭐

Could have both Bailey and Malcom of course. They're both left-footed but I know that Bailey plays on the left as well as the right. They'd offer different qualities in how they play.

I don't think Bailey will go anywhere this month, I think he'll move in the summer if he carries on like he is.

SingmeasongSong

Right Sometimes
Could have both Bailey and Malcom of course. They're both left-footed but I know that Bailey plays on the left as well as the right. They'd offer different qualities in how they play.

I don't think Bailey will go anywhere this month, I think he'll move in the summer if he carries on like he is.

Yeah, like I said before getting both in would mean having our winger positions settled for years without even spending too much !

He is definetely available - he said his dream is to play in the PL and his coach and a board member did just say the other day that everyone has his price also in this transfer window.

this "price" in regard to the Bundesliga and Bayer Leverkusen is sure as hell not above 40-45m which is reasonable for a guy who's been voted man of the first halb of the season.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

People say why I did lie on the floor after the goal, they think I was tired. But I think I was a lot cleverer than people thought.

Charlie George reveals it was all a time-wasting plan after the double winning goal

Latest posts

Top Bottom