• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

| West Bromwich Albion v Arsenal | 15:00 19 March 2011 |

mccroix

I can't see us winning this..

This just seems to be the game that puts the final nail into our coffin.

Bossa

Established Member
With Diaby out we will see this team

Arshavin RVP Nasri
Wilshere Denilson Ramsey
Clichy Koscielny Squillaci Sagna
Almunia

Rosicky on the bench, please

mo50

Established Member
Bossa said:
With Diaby out we will see this team

Arshavin RVP Nasri
Wilshere Denilson Ramsey
Clichy Koscielny Squillaci Sagna
Almunia

Rosicky on the bench, please

After hearing that Diaby will be missing, I thought Ramsey would start for sure. Until I remembered about Rosicky. He's definitely playing in place of Diaby.

redwhiteAustrian

Tu Felix Austria
Administrator
It's such a sad prospect, that you almost know for certain that Ramsey won't be starting, but Rosicky will do in place of Diaby.

Rosicky or Diaby is nothing more than a choice between plague and cholera.

mo50

Established Member
Oh he'll start alright. Rosicky will be the AM and will create absolutely nothing. I wouldn't want Wenger to rush Ramsey this season, but we have no choice. Hopefully Wenger comes to his senses, Ramsey plays a blinder, and thats the end of Diaby/Rosicky.

mistaT

Established Member
mo50 said:
Rosicky will be the AM and will create absolutely nothing.

Let me preface this by saying I'm a long time Rosicky fan....

The flak Rosicky gets these days is all warranted, there's no doubt in my mind he's past it here and as such his mentality and concentration are rapidly waning.

But he'll create, he always does but unfortunately, for what ever reason, the chances he creates for himself and others are rarely finished.

OohtobeaGoonerGal

Established Member
That's a very good point Mista, but we'll have to judge him like how we judge all the other players who have stacks of assists and/or goals to their name. These players may also too have chances to help add to the scoreline but the opportunity is gone; they try again until they get it right.
I'm going to use Nasri as a quick example, in the league he has a relatively low assist tally and more goals scored. If his earlier form was met with the rampant RVP form, he may have had more assists too. Despite the lower numbers though he can still look very bright in a match.

yuvken

Established Member
If we play
Wilshere - denilson - Rosicky
we will not win.
I'd play Ramsey and Jack even if he does go with Rosicky.
Perhaps there are some things denilson can do on the interception - retention part
(I'm not sure), but I only trust Jack and Ramsey to get the ball forward.
We have a strong front line, our best hope is letting them have a lot of the ball in forward areas.
Even if Rosicky is at AM, after he stops playing vertically (at about 15 mins.) the two
"behind" him will play the ball forward. If we're stuck with Rosicky and denilson, we'll
see VP (and the other two) coming to collect from deep...ah, I just don't want to
contemplate such a game.
Play Ramsey. Please. Please.

dyeruz

Established Member
There's a prevailing nervousness with our players whenever they know they have to pull out a performance without Cesc, for that reason I dont see anything changing in this game, we'll pass alot in front of them, slow down play and be easy to defend against, then with Denilson protecting our back four get done for pace by Odemwingie with the nervous Squid waving him on, probably Kos bringing him down last man, gets sent off, then Wenger deploys Jens Lehmann as our emergency striker after Wenger finds out Chamakh has been doctoring Bendtner's food so he'd have more chances to get a game...

Y va marquer

Established Member
We've seen more than enough of Denilson this season.
On a good day he avoids being a complete liability but still does not contribute anything positive to the team.
Even if he's not completely ready for ninety minutes of PL football I believe Ramsey would still be a better option.

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
I can see the players celebrating as if they'd actually won something in the unlikely event of victory at the hawthorns.

I know I will!

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
I'm never negative about our chances of beating anybody - see the Barca thread!

But this time, and after all they've been through recently, for the first time ever against vastly inferior oppostion, I can honestly say I'm not confident at all of a win.

It's not my fault they've chipped away my faith - it was never bomb proof to start with. It would almost be out of this teams character to win on Saturday. I wont harp on about it, anyway. I'm not proud of being this honest.

Humble Rex

Established Member
The Jury said:
HollandGooner said:
I would prefer Denilson in midfield with Wilshere and Rosicky

I wouldn't.

I'd like Jack, Ramsey and Nasri.

Nasri has very rarely been any good playing in that position though. He isn´t really a playmaker IMO. He should play wide, BUT, be reminded of what made him so good earlier in the season; that he made plenty of runs behind the opposition´s back 4. He has just about stopped that completely. For no real reason at all. Why Wenger puts up with that s.hit is beyond me.

A Jack, Rambo, Rosicky midfield for me thank you very much.

Y va marquer

Established Member
I understand the worry.

I suppose I'm just blocking out the reasons for it and am hopeful that our defence will be competent and that our attacking players will find some goalscoring form.

WBA have only kept one clean sheet at home in the PL this season so if we cannot score against them we truly are in trouble.

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
My gut tells me they'll score twice, so we'll have to score three times to get the win, I reckon...

I just really hope they've been practising final thrid situations and drills, because they really haveny been at it recently.

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
Humble Rex said:
The Jury said:
HollandGooner said:
I would prefer Denilson in midfield with Wilshere and Rosicky

I wouldn't.

I'd like Jack, Ramsey and Nasri.

Nasri has very rarely been any good playing in that position though. He isn´t really a playmaker IMO. He should play wide, BUT, be reminded of what made him so good earlier in the season; that he made plenty of runs behind the opposition´s back 4. He has just about stopped that completely. For no real reason at all. Why Wenger puts up with that s.hit is beyond me.

A Jack, Rambo, Rosicky midfield for me thank you very much.

I appreciate Nasri's best position is maybe RWF, but I like the idea of his pace, workrate and, yes, craft in the middle. He shoots well with either foot and feel that away from home, he could give us what we need.

Our MF (with Rozza) has been DIRE lately. Nasri can certainly improve it in a number of ways.

Arsenal Quotes

I'm prepared to be committed to the club at least until we go into the new stadium. For me, it’s important that the club goes in there and that I make sure the team are at a very good level. After that, whether it’s me or someone else, the club will be able to compete at the highest level. But for me to run away now would not be fair.

Arsène Wenger after extending his contract on 2004

Latest posts

Top Bottom