<

Western Sydney Wanderers vs Arsenal |15.7.17 |11.00 BST

Discussion in 'Match Day Archive' started by OnlyOne, Jul 14, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. LacaNewSigning

LacaNewSigning Active Member

as he used to at werder Bremen..moronho took something away from his game

2. kopzilla

kopzilla Always Negative

Damn...looks like Giroud will be off :(...I always liked the lad...I understand the anger towards him but I hardly watch matches live...

3. celestis

celestis Arsenal-Mania Veteran Moderator

Beiliks passing is top notch by the way , never really noticed before .

4. Jasard

Jasard Forum Issue Troubleshooter

Someone sum up the game please? Missed this one too!

5. Big Poppa

Big Poppa Well-Known Member Trusted

Eduardo, Podolski, Arshavin, Lucas. If Wenger didn't have a long history of using forwards out of position on the left I'd believe you.

Rimaal likes this.
  6. Big Poppa

Big Poppa Well-Known Member Trusted

I know right? 31 :lol:

7. Camron

Camron Established Member Trusted

Happy for you. Living in Europe you forget how easy it is to travel to another country to see your heroes. (1 hour flight for me).

WizardOfAus likes this.
  8. tap-in

tap-in Nothing Wrong With Me

Yeh, I think Oz commentators assume over 30 is a veteran :lol:

9. Penn_

Penn_ Established Member

Weird watching Seo on the pitch. Has the look of a dominant midfielder or centre back rather than a wing back.

10. tap-in

tap-in Nothing Wrong With Me

From the 2 games so far he looks like a very calm focused player. I think he's going to do well in the PL, he's certainly built for it.

11. Song Billong

Song Billong Well-Known Member

Great to see the team live for the first time.

WizardOfAus likes this.
  12. Song Billong

Song Billong Well-Known Member

Exactly. What a baffling point to make.

13. WizardOfAus

WizardOfAus Active Member

I really liked what i saw from the young guns, especially nketiah. I feel like no one has made a big deal about him and instead focused on willock and nelson but he almost scored a couple goals. He also dribbles really well and takes on defenders. Has similar facets to rashford

14. WizardOfAus

I think a lot of australian gooners feel similar feelings to what i feel tonight. You're lucky but 1 hour is still hard sometimes. Im from melbourne so i needed to fly in to sydney but i wouldnt have missed it for the world! Although many people see these games as unimportant preseason friendlies, they are actually a lot more than that to the fans in these cities.

neimad and Camron like this.
  15. WizardOfAus

And props to arsenal for bringing a strong star studded team down for us fans.. the spuds came to melbourne last year and their best player was probably lamela....

Arsenal in Aus likes this.
  16. Ceballinhos

Ceballinhos Cheating on Santi

I'm really worried about our lack of reliable goal scoring option in the team appart from Lacazette and sanchez if Giroud leaves.

Welbz and James Walcott are not Arsenal lvl imo...

17. al-Ustaadh

al-Ustaadh Professor of Twitter

Did Ox get hurt? Before they made the substitutions he looked like he pulled something and was limping around.

18. Trilly

Trilly The John Sauce Of Ilford Trusted

Doesn't this tell you that it's just part and parcel of being on a football fan forum?

No point moaning about human behaviours, life would be boring if we all behaved like model persons.

19. Arsenal in Aus

Arsenal in Aus Active Member

Really enjoyed the match last night. The Gunners are obviously in a different league (literally!), but it's a good way to get the season started. WSW played much better than Sydney FC did the other night; there was even a bit of malice with Xhaka etc. Watching Arsenal's passing game in the flesh was just delightful.

WizardOfAus likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.