• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

What games do you play right now?

krackpot

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Red or Dead Redemption 2 six months away ffs
PissedOffGarbageman.gif
can he play DM?

YeahBee

Terrible hot takes
"What games do you play right now?"

None. My laptop died. :eek:ops: Was rocking a Champ Man 01/02 season as Arsenal prior to that, with Skalidis, Papadopoulos, Arca and a 35-year-old Vieira on the rampage in a 4-1-2-1-2. Fun times.

would have been cooler if you still had a season from 01/02 going on!

http://www.guinnessworldrecords.com/world-records/397246-longest-single-game-of-football-manager

my mate did like 50 years with his favourite team, but he made a new manager when he got fired

he wasn't even that good because he got relegated several times, and still kept on playing

BobP

Memri Fan
I've mentioned this before but I'm playing FIFA 15, trying to wrap my head around the 'new' FIFA and it's literally impossible.

For one thing, world class difficulty is much harder than I remember it, like playing against a chess player. This is compounded by the fact that I rarely feel like I'm in control of the ball whether it be when I'm passing, receiving, or dribbling the ball, just feels like I'm slipping and sliding everywhere.

What surprised me was how much the shooting had improved. On previous FIFA games I would, for the most part, try and walk the ball into the net because shooting mechanics were poverty but now I feel like I don't shoot enough because of this ingrained habit of not shooting on FIFA games.

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

I've mentioned this before but I'm playing FIFA 15, trying to wrap my head around the 'new' FIFA and it's literally impossible.

For one thing, world class difficulty is much harder than I remember it, like playing against a chess player. This is compounded by the fact that I rarely feel like I'm in control of the ball whether it be when I'm passing, receiving, or dribbling the ball, just feels like I'm slipping and sliding everywhere.

What surprised me was how much the shooting had improved. On previous FIFA games I would, for the most part, try and walk the ball into the net because shooting mechanics were poverty but now I feel like I don't shoot enough because of this ingrained habit of not shooting on FIFA games.

Yeah I was playing it at my friends house and I'm the same, I had something like 6 shots and 4 on target and he had 22 shots and 14 on target (or something like that) with the score 4-2 to him at full time. He was even questioning why I wasn't shooting at times when I was in a half-decent position. Everytime I get in and around the box it's always in my mind to beat an extra player or make the extra pass because of previous FIFA games.

I'm not sure I like the game tho from what I've played of it, I think it's possibly better than the lest couple of games maybe but I still think back to FIFA 11 and how much I enjoyed that and they've just not been the same since imo. The last one I actually bought for myself was FIFA 13, the rest of the time I've been just using my mates' games because I feel like it'd be a huge waste of money buying it myself. From the little I've played of the new one it's yet to convince me I should purchase it this year either.

I do have a real soft spot for career mode though and I hear there's some interesting features this time round.

BobP

Memri Fan
Yeah I was playing it at my friends house and I'm the same, I had something like 6 shots and 4 on target and he had 22 shots and 14 on target (or something like that) with the score 4-2 to him at full time. He was even questioning why I wasn't shooting at times when I was in a half-decent position. Everytime I get in and around the box it's always in my mind to beat an extra player or make the extra pass because of previous FIFA games.

I'm not sure I like the game tho from what I've played of it, I think it's possibly better than the lest couple of games maybe but I still think back to FIFA 11 and how much I enjoyed that and they've just not been the same since imo. The last one I actually bought for myself was FIFA 13, the rest of the time I've been just using my mates' games because I feel like it'd be a huge waste of money buying it myself. From the little I've played of the new one it's yet to convince me I should purchase it this year either.

I do have a real soft spot for career mode though and I hear there's some interesting features this time round.

I totally get you, the last edition I'd bought for a long time was 13 as well.

The only reason I'm playing FIFA 15 is because I was able to snag it on the cheap, so I thought I should get with the times.

But yeah 11 was phenomenal, I remember it with so much fondness. 10 and 09 were also great games, the latter in particular was a game changer.

I'll probably get around to playing career mode when I actually get better at the game.

YeahBee

Terrible hot takes
Splurged on both Fifa, cod and ride2

Get my speed thrill my own bike hardly does 130(but i'm a big Dude)

Penn_

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Finally got round to playing Halo 5 through Xbox Game Pass. Doesn’t quite feel like the same series any more but with Destiny being very similar I wonder if this was the eventual vision.

Multiplayer isn’t as fun and care free as it use to be, played a few matches of CTF and oddball but no one even attempted the objective.

Batman

Head of the Wayne foundation for benching Nketiah

Player:Saliba
Splurged on both Fifa, cod and ride2

Get my speed thrill my own bike hardly does 130(but i'm a big Dude)
How is COD this year? I know there were some server issues on launch but how is the gameplay otherwise?

YeahBee

Terrible hot takes
How is COD this year? I know there were some server issues on launch but how is the gameplay otherwise?
I dont do online

Just that it is ww2 is a huge win for me
Never care for the spacey futuristc crap

I just like doing couch coop

There isn't too much stuff to do but it is alright

I miss the mini missions from modern warfare

blaze_of_glory

Grabbed Assassin's Creed Origins because I just had a dental surgery and had to sit on my ass on pain killers all last weekend (cannabis CBD pills = no pain at all by the way).

Anyway, its great! They took the old Assassin's Creed formula that was getting tired and mixed it up with Witcher 3 style quests (no dialogue options though) and an addictive loot system. Combat is like Dark Souls and Witcher combined and pretty fun. Plus the 50 BCE Egypt setting is stunning, one of the best open world's I've ever seen. Having a blast.

Batman

Head of the Wayne foundation for benching Nketiah

Player:Saliba
Grabbed Assassin's Creed Origins because I just had a dental surgery and had to sit on my ass on pain killers all last weekend (cannabis CBD pills = no pain at all by the way).

Anyway, its great! They took the old Assassin's Creed formula that was getting tired and mixed it up with Witcher 3 style quests (no dialogue options though) and an addictive loot system. Combat is like Dark Souls and Witcher combined and pretty fun. Plus the 50 BCE Egypt setting is stunning, one of the best open world's I've ever seen. Having a blast.
I may have to buy it on Black Friday. I loved the first few games but the way they ended Desmond's storyline just felt like a cop out to be able to make more games so I haven't played since then. Are they still digging into the mythology of the first people or have they scrapped that angle entirely?

blaze_of_glory

I may have to buy it on Black Friday. I loved the first few games but the way they ended Desmond's storyline just felt like a cop out to be able to make more games so I haven't played since then. Are they still digging into the mythology of the first people or have they scrapped that angle entirely?
I haven't really come across much about them yet. Hints that there is something though. The modern day aspect has been very light so far, but has introduced a new character.

It's definitely the best AC since the Ezio games imo.

Rain Dance

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Is Nioh worth the $40-50 price (it's about $45 on my currency). It is expensive for me, so is it worth it or should I hoist my black flag instead

Rain Dance

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
I bought a 2nd hand copy of The Saboteur, I played it once when I was way younger and found it quite entertaining.

You're basically an Irish dude in the French Resistance and you go around killing Nazi's.
that game was underrated.

redanddread

The stone that the builders refuse

I'm pretty picky about buying games - love really difficult games in the RPG & strategy genre - huge fan of Civ 5 (not really got into Civ 6 yet) and the Dark Souls series. Any recommendations as I'm looking for a new game to buy on Steam.

blaze_of_glory

I'm pretty picky about buying games - love really difficult games in the RPG & strategy genre - huge fan of Civ 5 (not really got into Civ 6 yet) and the Dark Souls series. Any recommendations as I'm looking for a new game to buy on Steam.
Do you like turn-based RPGs? Divinity Original Sin 2 is supposed to be great if you do. I played the first one on PS4 and it was pretty sweet. Very involved game, tons of squad management strategic combat. I did eventually get burned out on it and never finished, but the new one has been getting rave reviews.

Arsenal Quotes

There's a minute on the clock left for Arenal. Brady for Arsenal.... right across, Sunderland... IT'S THERE! I do not believe it, I SWEAR I do not believe it!

Peter Jones on the goal against United in the 79 cup final
Top Bottom