• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

What is the most random transfer of all time?

Flying Okapis

Most Well-Known Member
Examples;

Malcom to Barcelona
Paulinho to Barcelona
Kevin Prince Boateng to Barcelona
Martin Braithwaite to Barcelona

Etcetera..

Which other completely random ones are there that seem to make no sense?

A_G

Rice Rice Baby 🎼🎵
CdQ7O2sWwAAgj45.jpg

3945.jpg

UpTheGunnerz

Vrei sa pleci dar una una iei

Player:Elneny
Kim Källström was very peculiar

Every Tom **** and Mary in Sweden thought he was heading back home

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
Hatem Trabelsi to Arsenal in Pro Evo 4.

Edgar Davids to Barnet and taking the number 1 shirt.

Flying Okapis

Most Well-Known Member
Hatem Trabelsi to Arsenal in Pro Evo 4.

Edgar Davids to Barnet and taking the number 1 shirt.

Davids was a weird one especially as he done one pretty quickly but Barnet have always interested me, they seem like a club that would be perfect for lower league takeover with aim to push hard and become big.

The borough is huge, pretty affluent and obviously in London but not buried so deep they cant build facilities.

If I was a billionaire I would pump that club til it hit the PL!

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Davids was a weird one

Graham Stack was the keeper at Barnet then, on a podcast he said Davids called him in to talk about the number 1 shirt.

Stack was like..."No problem boss, you can have it"

Edgar... "That's nice...but I am not asking you for it, I am telling you I am taking it"

He also said that if it was raining, Davids (who was player-manager at the time) would just sit in his car and yell instructions out the window every now and then, until training was over :lol:

Flying Okapis

Most Well-Known Member
Turns out Davids was there about 18months, a lot longer than I remembered.

Hes now assistand manager of the Dutch national team, seems to have failed upwards.

AberGooner

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Mendieta to Boro was a strange one. He was still decent for them but amazing how quickly he went from world class to average after Valencia.

Hierro and Djorkaeff at Bolton was pretty surreal, as was Julio Cesar at QPR. Caniggia signing for Dundee was mental as well.

Garrincha

Wilf Zaha Aficionado
Trusted ⭐
Bentdner to Juve made no sense :lol:

also never understood how Eto'o went from Real Madrid for years in the b team / out on loan / transfer with buyback to joining Barce 🤷‍♂️

Bloodbather

Established Member

Darius Vassell to Ankaragücü. They paid him hefty wages, he did **** all for them, and the club went bankrupt soon afterwards.

Süper Lig has a bunch of these random signings but that's the biggest one I can remember.

Flying Okapis

Most Well-Known Member
Darius Vassell to Ankaragücü. They paid him hefty wages, he did **** all for them, and the club went bankrupt soon afterwards.

Süper Lig has a bunch of these random signings but that's the biggest one I can remember.

Haha didnt even know about this one.

Del Piero and David Villa to the Aussie league was odd, they had a lil spell of signing strikers, Heskey too!

Saying that Carl Jenkinson and Daniel Sturridge have just had a spell there.

Arsenal Quotes

I want a fan to wake up in the morning and say, “Arsenal are playing today, I’m going to have a good time.” That guy starts his day off by thinking that something good is going to happen to him. And to do that, big clubs like Arsenal have to have the ambition to play spectacularly. Of shared happiness.

Arsène Wenger

Latest posts

Top Bottom