• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Who has 'the gift'?

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
12-13 was a good team I thought, not overly flair based compared to what came before...but was a solid side.

Kept their nerve very well to end the season in the Top Four, that deserves some respect.

The worst Wenger team was 17/18 for me, awful defensively by this point and wasn't the best to watch attacking wise either (for a Wenger side anyway)

GDeep™

League is very weak
12-13 was a good team I thought, not overly flair based compared to what came before...but was a solid side.

Kept their nerve very well to end the season in the Top Four, that deserves some respect.

The worst Wenger team was 17/18 for me, awful defensively by this point and wasn't the best to watch attacking wise either (for a Wenger side anyway)
Yeah the end was a mess.

A_G

Rice Rice Baby 🎼🎵

I’d say 06/07 was the least enjoyable Wenger team. Some great results against United and Liverpool that season but not much else to shout about. Once Henry and RVP were out for the season post CL, it was a chore watching that team with Baptista and even Aliadiere playing CF.

Riou

I’d say 06/07 was the least enjoyable Wenger team. Some great results against United and Liverpool that season but not much else to shout about. Once Henry and RVP were out for the season post CL, it was a chore watching that team with Baptista and even Aliadiere playing CF.

Bit of a meh season, tbf... especially compared to the Champions League run in the year before.

Wouldn't say it was the worst or least enjoyable though, as I always found the football we played in the 00s stunning to watch on the whole...very fast, but also a lot of control about what we did too.

Finishing was odd that year though, so many needlessly dropped points/cup exits.

The 0-0 draw against CSKA in the Champions League was hilarious for example, would love to find out the xG from that game 😅

• Goal
Reactions: A_G

Riou

I know. He was a top baller, already said that. I can’t rave him about him though, never done it long enough for me.

I am surprised you rate Ramsey as highly as you do, considering your stance on Caz.

Penn_

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Reading through this it feels insane that we had both Henry and Bergkamp, what’s the modern day equivalent?

That invincible 11 had an insane amount of talent.

GDeep™

League is very weak
Reading through this it feels insane that we had both Henry and Bergkamp, what’s the modern day equivalent?

That invincible 11 had an insane amount of talent.
What’s insane is that despite having them two, Europe was still full of great CF talent, unlike now, - Del Piero, R9, peak Owen, Batistuta, Shevchenko, Eto, Raul, Trezeguet, Nistelrooy, Totti, Villa, Adriano etc.

Riou

2008/2009 Arshavin, different class...07/08 UEFA cup run with Zenit and the Euros with Russia that summer too.

Shame he didn't really have a mindset to consistently push himself to the top, as talent wise he was insane.

Tourbillion

Angry & Miserable
2008/2009 Arshavin, different class...07/08 UEFA cup run with Zenit and the Euros with Russia that summer too.

Shame he didn't really have a mindset to consistently push himself to the top, as talent wise he was insane.
Absolute liability in midfield positions, but out of this world in the attacking third. Hugely gifted and inventive.

Tourbillion

Angry & Miserable
Strange how Arsh fell off quite noticeably, even from the start of 2009/10. He was still good that season but he was a lot less energetic/razer sharp in his actions.

Basically he was top only for that first half season which is weird.

Arsenal Quotes

Arsenal have got as much chance of being handed the title by Sp*rs as I have of being given the Crown Jewels. They are the last people we want winning the Championship. Now we mean to round off our season by beating Arsenal.

Alan Mullery (Sp*rs captain in 1971)

There is no way we were going to be beaten

Bertie Mee in the same game after beating Spurs and clinching the Double at White Hart Lane

Latest posts

Top Bottom