<

Who starts alongside Partey?

Discussion in 'Arsenal Talk' started by say yes, Oct 7, 2020.

?

Who would you start alongside Partey?

1. Xhaka

2. Elneny

3. Ceballos

Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. Red London

Red London Anti-Simp Culture Trusted

I'd really like to eventually see a midfield trio of Ceballos Partey and Saka in the more easy games. I think that midfield would have everything.

In tougher games I would go for a Ceballos Partey Xhaka trio but not sure that would actually work in reality.

RacingPhoton and Gooner1988TK like this.
  2. gunner4lyfe

gunner4lyfe Well-Known Member

Xhaka is getting benched hopefully. I think Arteta realizes that we can actually play more on the offensive without him. As soon as we brought him on at Sheffield we lost the midfield and we were immediately on the defensive.

Ash10, DanDare and Maybe like this.
  3. balthazar

balthazar Well-Known Member

yes, but he is a perma-crock. Sadly. Like Diaby :(:(:(

4. Big Poppa

Big Poppa Well-Known Member Trusted

We’ve struggled at that ever since we lost Santi. Xhaka’s major contribution has been increasing our defensive third possession stats, and I’d challenge anyone who claims that to be controlling games.

Marjorie, Ash10, Mrs Bergkamp and 4 others like this.
  5. Big Poppa

Big Poppa Well-Known Member Trusted

Swap Laca and Auba, and put Saka on the left, then we’re in business.

I’d also consider Willian > ESR/Özil in the hole.

Makavelii likes this.
  6. balthazar

balthazar Well-Known Member

a
    actually forgot about Saka :facepalm: He needs to play, either in the hole or on the left

Big Poppa likes this.
  7. HairSprayGooners

HairSprayGooners Al Jazeera Correspondent

No pal its a 433 with Xhaka at the base keep up.

8. Ashybashy86

Ashybashy86 Well-Known Member

Partey would cover Xhaka's weaknesses, and that pairing is better balanced than any other combo.

9. Ashybashy86

Ashybashy86 Well-Known Member

That's what Xhaka is supposed be. We'd get the best out of Partey as a B2B mid. That's why I think it's the best pairing.

10. Fewtch

Fewtch Ozil at 10 And Emery Out

Partey Xhaka
    Willian
    Pepe Auba Saka​

Or switch Willian for Ceballos if Pepe is going to continue to start from the bench

11. Rex Banter

Rex Banter Got Swerved By Gallas Trusted

Ceballos has been incredible to watch last few weeks so I can see him playing most games with Thomas.

I don’t think we’ll see a two long term though, got to imagine it’ll be Xhaka sitting deep protected by two mobile midfielders in Thomas and Dani.

Then a three of Willian, Pepe, Auba and Laca up front.

12. MikelHadADream

MikelHadADream Well-Known Member

Like the look of this, although I don't think we will see a nailed on first 11. There will be rotation between Xhaka/Ceballos/Willian/Saka/Pepe dependent on the game.

Auba and Partey will be the only two players that play every game imo.

Fewtch likes this.
  13. freeglennhelder2

freeglennhelder2 Well-Known Member

“Whenever there is a Diaby thing it is always related to me. He could have a migraine and it would be Dan Smith. I think about what might have happened to my career if if were not for that tackle, probably every day.” Dan Smith, 2015

14. Jury

Jury Mission Accomplished

Is that little **** having a laugh? He thinks a guy he ruined somehow ruined his career? Some woke 80k a year psychologist probably told him that... Jesus.

Marjorie and Mrs Bergkamp like this.
  15. Makavelii

Makavelii Well-Known Member

I really hope there's more to what he said and you've chosen to just cut out the part where he apologises for 15 minutes.

16. blaze_of_glory

blaze_of_glory Moderator Moderator

Sounds like there won't be one set partnership.

Taneruit and Riou like this.
  17. Oxeki

Oxeki New Threads, Old Tweets

I think personally it should be Partey and Ceballos.
    But no one really knows who will be starting alongside Partey.
    But the only thing we know is that Partey will be the permanent fixture in that midfield.

18. RunTheTrap

RunTheTrap Well-Known Member

Arteta has been reluctant to play Xhaka, Cellabos and Elneny in a midfield 3. It's always been 2 of them at one point. Pretty clear to me that Arteta sees Partey, Cellabos, Xhaka and Elneny as his deepest midfielders. I think it's more likely that the 3rd man will one of Willian, Saka, Willock or ESR.

19. Mrs Bergkamp

Mrs Bergkamp Established Member Trusted

We haven't controlled a game since Santi went lame. What we have done is negate a lot of advantages the opposition have so latterly we appear more solid but totally at the expense of chance creation. That's different to actual control. It's very basic stability. It's been a stalemate. Partey is the key to us moving forward as he can take care of his own business. All we need to do now is find someone equally capable to pass to.

Marjorie likes this.
  20. DanDare

DanDare Emoji Merchant and Believer-In-Chief Trusted

It may be premature but the subbing of Xhaka and then him not starting is so rare in his arsenal career that I think it could signal Arteta doesn't seem him as the future

Partey Ceballos Saka

Jury and RacingPhoton like this.