• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Wilfried Zaha

Status
Not open for further replies.

truth_hurts

but Holding’s hair transplant was painless
I like Zaha but agree he shouldn't be a Theo replacement. We'd be going from an England regular to an u21 star! A backwards step anyway you try and dress it up.

Get Theo signed up and lets get Chamakh and Park out.

Taylor Gang Gunners

Say Yeh or You're Making The List
Trusted ⭐
Zaha would be a decent addition, but there's not much between him and Miyaichi imo, with the latter just shading it.

I'd be slightly disappointed if he was Theo's replacement.

That being said I don't want Theo to go anyway!

GDeep™

League is very weak
Dougie Freedman, Palace manager, says 11M is "cheap" for Zaha, also says this season the player has dedicated his life to football.

Havent watched Palace this season, but I think hes playing at a CF. He fits into the sort of striker I think Wenger might be looking for, a pacy, strong, skillfull, off the defenders shoulders type.

I want Walcott to stay and there is place for Zaha, or a similar type, players will be let go and im not convinced with Ryo and Afobe either.

truth_hurts

Think there might be something in this. Zaha is a talent buti'd rather we went for Sturridge.

VAVAVOOM 14

Crystal Palace say it will take at least 20 million to pry Zaha away from them.

I don't think Wenger will splash that amount of cash on a 19 year old at present time.

Much more viable options we could go after with that money.

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.southlondon-today.co.uk/sport.cfm?id=36128&headline=Exclusive:%20Palace%20chief%20rates%20Zaha%20at%20%C2%A320m" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.southlondon-today.co.uk/spor ... 0%C2%A320m</a>

jones

Captain Serious
Trusted ⭐
We could easily wait until he has a change of heart, chooses to play for the Ivory Coast and get him for a fourth of that price.

Not even Crystal Palace themselves think they could sell him for that amount. 20m for a Championship player, only in England can this **** happen.

dpt49

Established Member
VAVAVOOM 14 said:
Crystal Palace say it will take at least 20 million to pry Zaha away from them. :shock:
<a class="postlink" href="http://www.southlondon-today.co.uk/sport.cfm?id=36128&headline=Exclusive:%20Palace%20chief%20rates%20Zaha%20at%20%C2%A320m" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.southlondon-today.co.uk/spor ... 0%C2%A320m</a>" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
I think whoever made this statement should have a look at Podolski and especially Cazorla, both of whom cost considerably less than 20m, and are at a level that someone like Zaha can only dream about.

Only a club like Liverpool would waste that sort of money on a player and even then they only go for experience not potential.

a_fourteen

Established Member
i dont blame palace for asking for 20 mil. looks who's in the market - city and liverpool. the two most spendthrift clubs in the land. if you can buy carrol for 35 mil and pay nasri 175k a week why not zaha for 20 mil? take a punt palace.

Wouterus

I'm quite sure they are not really asking £20m, they are probably just saying that to raise his market value. I reckon he'll cost about the same as Walcott and Chamberlain, which is £10-15m.

I haven't seen him play, so I have no idea if he's worth that amount of money.

E

Enoch

To be fair to Steve Parish, he is just trying to get as much as he can for his player who he knows will leave soon. He's 19, one of the best players on the team, and can be a very great player if everything goes according to plan, so although the asking price is high for a 19 year old championship player, how many teams are stupid enough to spend that money on him? Man City? Liverpool? Chelsea? Parish knows this and is why he came out so quickly on putting a high fee for the player.

Whether that will work or not we will have to see, it would make it a lot easier for us to sign him if he has us at the top of his list.

Macho

In search of Pure Profit 💸
Dusted 🔻

I would be pissed if we spend that kinda money on this yute instead of someone established.

Which makes me think that this will most likely happen -_-

thedon5

20 m when we could get Adrian for 14 m?

Palace are taking the piss. Spuds can take him for that.

Proof

Established Member
Zaha looks like an exciting prospect. The kid has great trickery and pace. Sign him up!

VAVAVOOM 14

Proof said:
Zaha looks like an exciting prospect. The kid has great trickery and pace. Sign him up!

For 20 mill?

No thanks, not for me mate.

We need to continue our current trend of buying established players.

We haven't got the time for these rugrats to develop and flourish. We need results now!! Plus, we have plenty of young prospects in the reserves anyway.

truth_hurts

VAVAVOOM 14 said:
Proof said:

For 20 mill?

We need to continue our current trend of buying established players.

We haven't got the time for these rugrats to develop and flourish. We need results now!! Plus, we have plenty of young prospects in the reserves anyway.

Harsh!!! but I agree. 20 million buys you an established international player, wo cares about sell on value when we got Podolski and Cazorla for a combined 26m?

Theo's not old, neither is Gervinho, Ox, Miyaici and Gnabry have potential so it doesn't make sense to splash this kind of money on Zaha unless he is coming into replace Miyaichi or Gnabry.

evoh_1

Established Member
English stupid money on a hype player thats just started to actually deliver anything, no thanks. As said we can get better value for money in first team players from spain and the weakened clubs there so I doubt we will do any major value youth transfers this or next window.

Proof

Established Member
VAVAVOOM 14 said:
For 20 mill?

Not for £20m. But if Crystal Palace would accept something between £7m and 12m I think we should go for him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

The club changed so much, I changed with it and football has changed with us... But one thing never changes: the 90 minutes still belong to the player, 90 minutes during which he is king.

Arsène Wenger: My Life in Red and White

Latest posts

Top Bottom