• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Wilfried Zaha

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

Would likely be around 5 or 6 league games & an FA Cup game missed judging by the 2019 fixture list that had a winter break.

The PL apparently wants to move the winter break into January I heard the other day.

If the tournament only lasts four weeks think we’d be fine tbh.

Goonger

The PL apparently wants to move the winter break into January I heard the other day.

If the tournament only lasts four weeks think we’d be fine tbh.

Would certainly make sense. The African players will get more of a rest this summer then the players playing in the Euros this summer for instance.

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

Would certainly make sense. The African players will get more of a rest this summer then the players playing in the Euros this summer for instance.

There’s also the Arabic Cup or something in December with all the teams from North Africa and the Middle East so it could be even worse tbf.

Salah, Ziyech and Mahrez could be missing for three months :lol:

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
Both him and pepe has 22 league games. Zaha has 9 goals and 2 assists and pepe 5 goals one assist. Maybe you are talking about pepes great general play that the stats don’t show. Oh wait he rarely beats anyone and pass to the fullback lol. Come on pepe is not close to zaha level
Doesn't matter both won't get us to to top 6. They decent players that's about it non of them has ability to go full season of good performance.

ThePortugueseGunner

I don't think Zaha would add anything we don't have already. Arsenal should focus on buying players that either have huge potential, or are immediate quality upgrades.

truth_hurts

but Holding’s hair transplant was painless
I don't think Zaha would add anything we don't have already. Arsenal should focus on buying players that either have huge potential, or are immediate quality upgrades.
He offers everything we lack in attack which is a forward who can commit defenders, burst past them and draw fouls. Saka can do this as well, but he's a teenager and we can't be relying on him.

Rasmi

Negative Nancy

except the ability to beat players and create on his own you are right. We need a better rb who can feed crosses to laca, thats more important. I am convinced the bias against zaha here is some fans want to defend the 72 million on pepe and think backing the club making stupid decision makes them good fans. Zaha walks in our team

ThePortugueseGunner

except the ability to beat players and create on his own you are right. We need a better rb who can feed crosses to laca, thats more important. I am convinced the bias against zaha here is some fans want to defend the 72 million on pepe and think backing the club making stupid decision makes them good fans. Zaha walks in our team
That's not, at all, my intention. I think it's clear to everyone with two eyes, by now, that Pépé's fee was way too high. I just think it's not by buying "Zaha's" that this club will take the step forward in coming back to Europe's elite. Besides, how much would Zaha cost? The PL market is extremely overpriced, and I don't think that he would be one of the missing pieces on getting the club back on track. Unless we are talking about moving from mid-table to the top-6 - if the goal is to keep aiming for Europa League football, then Zaha will be a good asset.

But that's my opinion, we don't have to agree.

Rasmi

Negative Nancy

That's not, at all, my intention. I think it's clear to everyone with two eyes, by now, that Pépé's fee was way too high. I just think it's not by buying "Zaha's" that this club will take the step forward in coming back to Europe's elite. Besides, how much would Zaha cost? The PL market is extremely overpriced, and I don't think that he would be one of the missing pieces on getting the club back on track. Unless we are talking about moving from mid-table to the top-6 - if the goal is to keep aiming for Europa League football, then Zaha will be a good asset.

But that's my opinion, we don't have to agree.
what European elite....bro we are 10th even on points with leeds who just got promoted. you think we are even thinking of European elite? Thats gonna take many years of doing a lot of things right year in year out. Top 7 is our target next season. Zaha can help us get there. European elite loooool

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
Walking into our team isn't exactly a high bar at the moment. For me, Zaha doesn't move the needle enough to justify signing him. Nothing to do with Pepe, I don't think he's moved the needle for us either, just that Zaha isn't going to give us any sustained quality - he'll have a couple good years and fizzle out. If you're OK with that, then cool. I personally think we could be a bit smarter.

I say this as someone that actually likes Zaha - but the ship's sailed for me.

Mo Britain

Doom Monger
I think in order to be an Arsenal target he needs to wait two or three years time. Then we can sign him on a free and pay him £200,000+ a week.

ThePortugueseGunner

what European elite....bro we are 10th even on points with leeds who just got promoted. you think we are even thinking of European elite? Thats gonna take many years of doing a lot of things right year in year out. Top 7 is our target next season. Zaha can help us get there. European elite loooool
Yeah, when Liverpool got Klopp, they finished 8th. Next season, they were already on the top-4. It's called vision - some have it, some don't.

In a club with the financial resources that Arsenal has, if the board had vision, they could more than perfectly gather the means (meaning, a coach that bring the right team and knows the players he needs) to ambition moving into Champions League football in a season or two.

I may not be the brightest mind, or the most capable man, but one thing's for sure, it's not by ambitioning top-7 that a club like Arsenal will get back on track. And it doesn't take a genius to know that.

9jagooner

It’s not that deep about the AFCON though. The tournament lasts exactly a month and it matches up with the PL winter break.

Also in that time there’s usually an FA Cup weekend so you’re looking at players probably missing two PL games and that’s if their team goes all the way to the final.

Côte d'Ivoire are definitely one of the favourites on paper but the Egypt, Gabon and Ghana squads as a whole are pretty trash so I’d be shocked if they make it very far.
It's deep though. That's three first team players - Pepe, 'Zaha' and Partey off for 5 to 6 games over a month. They also turn up to camp at least 7 days before start of the competition according to FIFA.

Also knowing Arsenal, if we add one or two players injured around that time, that adds to the number of players off

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

It's deep though. That's three first team players - Pepe, 'Zaha' and Partey off for 5 to 6 games over a month. They also turn up to camp at least 7 days before start of the competition according to FIFA.

Also knowing Arsenal, if we add one or two players injured around that time, that adds to the number of players off

Its the same for every team though. Every single top 6 team will be sending at least one or two key players.

With the Arabic cup in December that’ll mean Salah, Ziyech and Mahrez will be gone for almost three months.

Hunta

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Think there could be something in this in the summer. Palace are in the process of lowering the age of their squad and I think they’ll have strong interest in Nelson, Willock and/or Nketiah.

If we assume both Lacazette and Nketiah will be off and Aubameyang/Martinelli will be used up top it would open up that LW for a signing. Zaha turns 29 in November and it’ll be the last chance for Palace to cash in.

GDeep™

League is very weak
Makes no sense now, too old, too expensive and next season going to the African Nations for two months with Pepe, Auba, Partey etc.

Arsenal can lose this many players to the African Nations mid season as it is, never mind spend massive on another in a similar situation.

Im 100% sure we aren’t finishing top 4 next season, because of these key players missing games.

dashsnow17

Doesn’t Rate Any Of Our Attackers
Trusted ⭐
This guy needs to fire his agent. He signed a 5 year contract at 25, committing himself to Palace for his peak years. Can't complain about not getting a big move when you make dumb decisions like that. Grealish has made the exact same mistake, he's committed to Villa until he's about 30.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

Nobody has enough talent to live on talent alone. Even when you have talent, a life without work goes nowhere

Arsène Wenger
Top Bottom