• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Will mr Diaby take his chance??

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
As long as he's not trying to shield the back four or get involved in attack, he's not bad I suppose... which means he does what?

USArsenal

H.Y.I.C.
he's good when he does what he really SHOULD be doing, and that is sitting in front of the defence.. for me, he tries to be Zidane too much, gets caught out, and needs to make some ill-advised tackle trying to cover what he SHOULD have been covering

Diaby, on the other hand, is not a replacement for Song.. in truth, with everyone healthy, he doesnt get near a starting role

USArsenal

H.Y.I.C.
The Jury said:
As long as he's not trying to shield the back four or get involved in attack, he's not bad I suppose... which means he does what?
i disagree with the first part.. its when he tries to do both at the same time that he looks poor

SA Gunner

Hates Tierney And Wants Him Sold Immediately

Player:Nketiah
The fact that we seriously considering Diaby and elevating Wilshere and Ramsey to such senior roles in midfield so quickly is testament to how desperate our midfield looks at the moment. Mind you, desperate if we look at a similar approach to last year, or the years when Fabregas was here.

We are still short of a quality midfielder, someone like Hamsik, Hamsik or even Montolivo was the type of player we need in addition to Arteta and Yossi on loan. For me, the point of our purchases was to continue the fairly good development of our "super six" in the last season, and compliment the losses of Fabregas and Nasri with a similar combined quantity. This keeps us moving forward and gives our players bubbling beneath more time to establish their game.

We are now left with a situation, much to Wenger's hand, where our players who mostly provided a rotation option are thrust into the key roles. For an area where we still look to drive our game through I feel this was poor decision making and once again a sort of cart before the horse type approach.

Anyway my point isnt to complain here. I think Diaby has indeed a bigger role to play, I am of those who believe that he can at least contribute to our rotation policy this season.

There are two things I need from Wenger though. The one is a change in his favoured main cog in machine approach on the pitch for a more combined effort approach which also plays to our teams strengths.

The second is that Wenger forgets his idea of favourites, play the best combination available based on form and availability. I dont want to see Diaby walk into the side when fit. He must earn his place, same can be said for Ramsey and anyone else out.

Dave_Ja_Vu

I gave up on Diaby towards the end of 09/10. I challenge anyone who still believes Diaby is/will be a top player, to go watch 90 minute re-runs of Barca away, Wigan away, Blackburn away and Sp**s away from 09/10. Being injury prone I can forgive, being lazy and having almost zero intelligence in pressure situations, I can't forgive.

celestis

Arsenal-Mania Veteran

The Jury said:
What do you know!

Song's now become Makelele after his 3 match ban. Brilliant. :mrgreen:

Truth be known, they're both ****.

lol You think Song is **** ? who do you rate in the Arsenal midfield then ?

progman07

Established Member
USArsenal said:
he's good when he does what he really SHOULD be doing, and that is sitting in front of the defence.. for me, he tries to be Zidane too much, gets caught out, and needs to make some ill-advised tackle trying to cover what he SHOULD have been covering

Diaby, on the other hand, is not a replacement for Song.. in truth, with everyone healthy, he doesnt get near a starting role

That's right, I don't think it's Song's fault though, it's Wenger's job to tell him he shouldn't advance so much - doesn't look as he has told him.

Kain

Established Member
Chance… he doesn’t deserve yet another ‘chance’, he’s had over 150 Arsenal caps worth of chances spanning six seasons of crap no matter where he plays on the pitch, he’s lucky to even survive the squad clear-out chop this summer.

fabo

6.51 / 10
Should have been loaned out to Brazil with Denilson.

But as it stands, we need him fit soon, if only to add more bodies in that area of the pitch.

I can't stand Diaby, but as Outie said, be careful what you wish for, things can get worse. This guy's a philosopher I tell ya.....:razz:

I want Diaby out in the next year, and NOT NOT NOT replaced internally by a kid.

Bossa

Established Member
Diaby is also a decent DM. When the hell is he back? We need him if Ramsey is out for a while.

AFC-Phil

Established Member
No.

Get rid of him as soon as possible. I would be astounded if he ever delivered, and became a first team regular.

It's too bad Wenger loves Diaby. :(

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
celestis said:
The Jury said:
What do you know!

Song's now become Makelele after his 3 match ban. Brilliant. :mrgreen:

Truth be known, they're both ****.

lol You think Song is **** ? who do you rate in the Arsenal midfield then ?

Wilshere, Ramsey and Arteta. Players that offer our midfield something, and not those that offer nothing in any capacity. So for that reason, I don't 'rate' Song at all.

What do you appreciate in Songs abilities? His protection of the back four? His defensive positioning when we haven't got the ball? His distribution? His eye for a pass? His shooting? His discipline?

heltaschelta

Dave_Ja_Vu said:
I gave up on Diaby towards the end of 09/10. I challenge anyone who still believes Diaby is/will be a top player, to go watch 90 minute re-runs of Barca away, Wigan away, Blackburn away and Sp**s away from 09/10. Being injury prone I can forgive, being lazy and having almost zero intelligence in pressure situations, I can't forgive.

This is exactly the point I was making.
None of us doubt he has the talent. Let's get behind him when he comes back and try and put these matches in the past.
Because we really need his strength and athleticism in the middle now.

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
redwhiteAustrian said:
I've still not given up on him.

Now that's an achievement.

Faith is admirable, it really is. Your faith is born of what you've seen he's capable of, which is fine.

truth_hurts

but Holding’s hair transplant was painless
YES he can. an on form 3 out of Song, Wilshere, Arteta and Diaby can stand up against any premiership midfield.

Arsenal Quotes

Football is a bit like elections. Before it's unpredictable. After it's unexplainable... But there's an opportunity for us to make it unforgettable.

Arsène Wenger

Latest posts

Top Bottom