• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Will Reyes ever score?

Exiled In Newcastle

Established Member
Shots on goal ARE about finishing ability if they all tend to be heading for the corners of the goals.

His lack of goals is more to do with the team not clicking at the moment than anything else.

KingReyes

Established Member
ExiledInNewcastle, if we are talking about the penalty Reyes should have had in the second half then... No it wasn't a penalty IMO.

hellolo

So far all the shots reyes has had have been from difficult angles
i suspect this to be the reason why he hasnt scored as many,
once the whole team clicks into gear and reyes gets more direct opportunities im sure he'll score quite a lot

ccc

ExiledInNewcastle said:
Shots on goal ARE about finishing ability if they all tend to be heading for the corners of the goals.

His lack of goals is more to do with the team not clicking at the moment than anything else.

you got the point. the most shots from reyes were around center of the goal, therefore, were easily saved by goalie. if you try heading for the corners, it may go widely sometimes, but the possibility of scoring increases once it's on target.

ccc

ExiledInNewcastle said:
I got it but you Jensen'd it I'm afraid. Most of his shots ARE towards the corners.

well, I'd like to review the games sometime. as I remembered, he did have some shot towards corners being saved by goalie unfortunately, but not that many. I will modify my opinion once I take a look of his shots.

Gurgen

Established Member
The goals will come. Henry's finishing was far worse at that age. Finishing is something you can teach everyone, just look at Ruud. Reyes already has the technique and his composure will improve.

RocktheCasbah

Established Member
ccc said:
ExiledInNewcastle said:
I got it but you Jensen'd it I'm afraid. Most of his shots ARE towards the corners.

well, I'd like to review the games sometime. as I remembered, he did have some shot towards corners being saved by goalie unfortunately, but not that many. I will modify my opinion once I take a look of his shots.

So are you saying you've been vcritical of his finishing without actually watching it?

That'd be typical..

qs

Established Member
Reyes has been very very unfortunate, he looks like he could score a hattrick in every match, look at the goal keeper performances of the last 2 games, Reyes had loads of excellent shots. His shots on target against Brum was incredible and when you watch the game again you can see most days he wouldve had 3 or 4 witha performance like that. As long as the dry spell doesnt get in his head he'll be fine. He'll easily score 15-20 goals this season.

Personally I think he's probably been the best thing about our season so far.

ccc

RocktheCasbah said:
ccc said:
ExiledInNewcastle said:

So are you saying you've been vcritical of his finishing without actually watching it?

That'd be typical..

Well, do you know the meaning of the word "review"? I have watched every arsenal game this season except yesterday's (I'm downloading now). My impression on reyes' shots was, most of his shots were powerful, SEEMED hard to save, but few of them in difficult angles. since you have point it specially, I will review the games when I'm free.

ccc

RocktheCasbah said:
No I don't, maybe you could explain it to me. :roll:

If I change my mind days later, it means I have "reviewed" the games
If I confirm my previous opinion, it means I have "reviewed" the game too
If I don't say anything more, it means I haven't "reviewed" the game

:eek:ops:

patrick42uk

Established Member
qs said:
Reyes has been very very unfortunate, he looks like he could score a hattrick in every match, look at the goal keeper performances of the last 2 games, Reyes had loads of excellent shots. Hi

its no coincidence that the keeper has come out looking good in those games. we create chances and we are not clinical. every goalkeeper will be looking forward to playing us on this form.

awooga83

Established Member
From a few of Reyes games he does have shots pretty close to the keeper, granted most of them come on the move when he's just trying to get a shot off but sometimes when he has had a decent chance he hasn't been putting them to close to the corners and he doesn't always keep his shots low which can make it easier for the keepers.

Pepe LeFrits

Established Member
No Arsenal player has exactly showered themselves in glory this season when it comes to finishing. For me, Reyes has been the only Arsenal who has constantly looked a threat and likely to score. It generally hasn't come off for him (though he has 7 assists now I think), but that's the way it's going for us lately.

His best position is as second striker imo, being allowed to roam wherever he pleases. Left wing is a bit limiting as it's a bit rigid and peripheral for him - a player of his quality should be used where he can be most effective, similar to the Rooney 4-4-2 / 4-3-3 argument that the Mancs have been having recently.

The way things are going, Pires will be well down the pecking order by the end of the season. Wenger is very loyal to his players, but he's not stupid, and he won't put up with his sub-standard performances forever. I'd like to see Reyes become the automatic choice as shadow-striker, with Hleb, Ljungberg and Quincy competing for the wide midfield positions. I know Quincy likes to play as a striker, but I don't think he's ready for that position yet, and his explosive style of play should suit the wing. Besides, assuming Reyes makes the Dennis role his own, then Quincy has Henry and RVP to compete with for the other slot, not to mention Lupoli and Bendtner coming through the ranks.

Exiled In Newcastle

Established Member
ccc said:
RocktheCasbah said:
No I don't, maybe you could explain it to me. :roll:

If I change my mind days later, it means I have "reviewed" the games
If I confirm my previous opinion, it means I have "reviewed" the game too
If I don't say anything more, it means I haven't "reviewed" the game

:eek:ops:

Now I'm confused. Do you mean reviewed or re-viewed? Or do you mean you've said everything you've said without knowing what you're on about?

A

Anonymous

Where is the idiot who was telling me Reyes would score bla bla bla.. superstar in the making, world class, Bah humbug.. there are few strikers who have scored as LITTLE as Reyes.

Everything I've said about Reyes and about Arsenal have come true already.

Reyes isn't scoring outside of Fifa 2006.

Nuff Said.

*Snort* *Grunt* *Pissed Off*

arsenaal fan

I still can't believe some people still defend Reyes. It's been long enough for him to settle in yet he's not done anything close to what was expected of him or atleast for what we paid for him.
Defoe would have been a much much better signing and for a much better price! Same with C.Ronaldo, same with Robben.

sabret00the

Established Member
ExiledInNewcastle said:

i strongly disagree, it's called finishing because after that theirs nothing to do bar pick it up and take it to centre spot. shots on goal are just that, finishing is about finding the back of the net. if reyes was that great at finding the goal it would've been converted to finding the net but even his long shots are off, he's a good footballer and has some nice though predictable shots but a finisher he'll never be.

Arsenal Quotes

My job is to give people who work hard all week something to enjoy on Saturdays and Wednesdays

Arsène Wenger

Latest posts

Top Bottom