• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Will Reyes ever score?

ccc

no idea about defoe. but c. ronaldo is an idiot for sure. he didn't use his skill properly, just a stir bar on pitch. a winger with the most crosses in premiership last season, had only 6 (or 4?)assists. what a joke! I would definitely go for reyes if I had a chance to pick one of them. doubting his finishing ability doesn't mean under-rating him. he should play in the right position which is absolutely not striker.

joe3428

pha2er said:
agreed, as soon as Henry and RvP are both available, they'll be up front, Reyes on left wing, the way it should be :D

hmmm.. I agree with you...

Henry - RVP
Reyes - Gilberto - Cesc / Hleb - Ljungberg / Hleb

KoLo28

Tegh said:
Oh Kha0z, I hope you're referring to me..

I hope to high Heaven there's no borderline suicidal Arsenal fans on this forum, some of the trash you guys come out with is unbelievable.

''Oh, it's the end of the world, we're falling apart, kill Wenger!''

Grow up, anyone can see things haven't gone our way so far with injuries etc, and yes, i'm making an excuse, but it's a fact. Any team having lost the players and characters down to injury we have would be suffering the same way.

You're all moaning about Reyes not scoring, well, let's take him out of the side then. Then we can go on a huge goal scoring drought, because the guy who has been providing all the assists was dropped from the side just to please a bunch of whining little school girls on an Arsenal forum.

What's that phrase I'm looking for?

Oh yeah, ''You only sing when you're winning.''

If you have such a problem with it, then get out and support another time.

Well said brother

This place really frustrates me when the team is struggling, but I keep coming back because there are alot of good posters/posts that i like to read.

RocktheCasbah

Established Member
arsenaal fan said:
Here's the problem. All we're doing is considering this season's few games. Tell me at the end of a full season who is the better player! Reyes is just not consistent enough. Well, Reyes might have the ability, but definately not for the amount that we spent on him!!
I still stand by my opinion of having C.Ronaldo or Defoe ahead of Reyes. Compare the three players over the course of a season....

Here's my problem, you haven't been reading any of my posts on Reyes over the last year or so. I was thrilled for him when he started last season so well, driven mad by the amount of criticism he got for what was admittedly a vertiginous drop in form during the mid season period. And then I was well pleased with how he finished the season. He has started this season pretty much as he finished the last (red cards at Cardiff excepted).

Defoe will probably score more goals than Reyes, maybe 2 or 3 more. But he won't set as many up, in fact I doubt he'll set as many up as Reyes already has this season. As for Ronaldo.... :lol:

jeromelee

Reyes over CRonaldo anytime. Defoe..........I dunno. Seems to have a knack for scoring some well-needed goals. Ronaldo on the other hand, is a showboat expert. Would've been better in a dog show rather than in soccer. Reyes however needs to be more consistent. And he needs to score more goals!!!

Ratinho

Established Member
Defoe's an out and out striker, Reyes is an inside left, and Ronaldo is a winger. Comparable in terms of quality, but not really in footballing terms.

Although the criticism of Ronaldo is such blinkered nonsense. He's a sensational player, and the fact that he can tear teams apart while he is still relatively immature and indirect, doesn't bode well for people coming up against him in teh future.

chandraraj

once reyes scores i hope some of the idiots questioning his ability will keep their mouth zipped. and my gut is he is going to score one of these days.

Xyan

Some people are just unhappy that he doesn't score as much as Cygan. keke.. He is a nice boy by my book and will make it somehow. :angel

celestis

Arsenal-Mania Veteran

Why the Defoe comparison ? he was struggling to score in the last 8 games, he popped two at the start and one or two more after that (correct me If I am wrong?)and no where near as versatile as Reyes and the dude never passes the ball!

Jkreffer

Established Member
Surely the fact that he has been responsible for the majority of our goals counts for nothing!? Poor bloke, if he wasn't on the pitch then we wouldn't have scored many goals at all. I mean we actually look dangerous from set pieces with Reyes on the pitch. He hasn't really had that many chances, and most he has created himself. Who would be doing a better job right now? Make no mistake, we would be very, VERY blunt right now if he wasn't there.

Tegh

Established Member
Reyes and Persie alongside eachother tonight, should be interesting.

I'd love to see these two hit it off and bang some goals in.

A

Anonymous

Barring big changes, that's likely to be Arsenal's partnership of the future, it's time they get an understanding.

Tegh

Established Member
Reyes is currently on the floor injured, so maybe not.

This is taking the piss.

Arsenal Quotes

It was a unique moment, a football fairytale. Was there anyone left who still believed I could give that kind of performance? Probably only Arsène Wenger.

Per Mertesacker on Arsenal’s FA Cup Final win over Chelsea on 2017 being his only appearance that season
Top Bottom