• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Will the Gunners win the Premiership ever again?

clockwork orange

Blind faith in "LVG filoshophy"
I wouldn't be surprised if we win the EPL in a few years. City will have the better individuals / more expensive players, but we will have a real team. I see a core of good players who will stay at Arsenal, who get along well and who'll only get better, individually and even more important as a team.

City with their overkill of superstars will get the problems that come with that and I don't think any of the other teams is far ahead of us if at all.

Irish_Owen

Established Member
Djibril said:
you're talking about ill informed conclusions. IIRC you were the one claiming the lobby is wrong about mango,claiming the main forum knows better. how did that work out? and you are strolling from thread to thread trying to impress with ****ty oneliners. get your act together mate
:lol: :lol:

If you say so, mate.

yuvken

Established Member
Djibril said:
there has to be a limit somewhere. seriously if there weren't any wages beyond 200 000 pounds A WEEK, there wouldn't be a need for mega rich owners.

it's a vicious cycle and it has to be stopped somewhere since i don't believe that any human being should earn such ridiculous amounts of money unless they generate profit themselves.
Has to be, should be, should not be. Ideals are nice.
It is also easier to define constraints, and control the outcome (eg. competitiveness through equality) - in an ideal world.
But it so happens that in the real world, this doesn't seem to work. Some of it down to conflicting ideals (still back there in the fabulous ideal domain) - like excellence perhaps not sitting well with equality. And then there are problems of the real world itself: it's messy, and hard to maintain the idealic picture.
Prohibition had some ideals too. Communism was beautiful on paper (and equality still is, according to many). That doesn't seem to impress the world, though. That's also the worry with pushing it too much with FFP.

BTW, what's with the "unless they generate profit themselves"? been trying to see what your agenda is on that (seems separate from the rest, no?): an entrepreneur can make zillions, but an employee can't be paid thousands? why?
or is this a restatement of the FFP?

mavelous

Tinfoil hat aficionado
yuvken said:
Djibril said:
there has to be a limit somewhere. seriously if there weren't any wages beyond 200 000 pounds A WEEK, there wouldn't be a need for mega rich owners.

it's a vicious cycle and it has to be stopped somewhere since i don't believe that any human being should earn such ridiculous amounts of money unless they generate profit themselves.
Has to be, should be, should not be. Ideals are nice.
It is also easier to define constraints, and control the outcome (eg. competitiveness through equality) - in an ideal world.
But it so happens that in the real world, this doesn't seem to work. Some of it down to conflicting ideals (still back there in the fabulous ideal domain) - like excellence perhaps not sitting well with equality. And then there are problems of the real world itself: it's messy, and hard to maintain the idealic picture.
Prohibition had some ideals too. Communism was beautiful on paper (and equality still is, according to many). That doesn't seem to impress the world, though. That's also the worry with pushing it too much with FFP.

BTW, what's with the "unless they generate profit themselves"? been trying to see what your agenda is on that (seems separate from the rest, no?): an entrepreneur can make zillions, but an employee can't be paid thousands? why?
or is this a restatement of the FFP?

Quoted for awesomeness.

Djibril

RE yuvken

well that idealistic debate is a different kettle of fish.

but if the FFP weren't implemented to create some sort of justice i'm left wondering if our conspiracy theories are actually true.

i'm inclinded to believe that we possess the quality in certain areas to be champions for real, but common sense and past events tells me that we won't win it for quite some time. UNLESS we completely remove our board. takeover!

mavelous

Tinfoil hat aficionado
Can anyone tell me what they see when they look at our progress through the season? and no, rainbow is not the answer!

newpictureqih.png

redwhiteAustrian

Tu Felix Austria
Administrator
Four defeats and two draws in our first 14 matches 2010/11, compared to one draw and four defeats after twelve matches this season?

Basically, we've to win the games vs Fulham and Wigan, and we're better off than last season at this stage.
:lol:

CandysRoom

Established Member
In all seriousness, I heard last week we were in a similar position. We were down and out seasons beginning, but that period didn't last as long as we all think. Many Spuds fans would do well to remember this!

Anzac

Established Member
mavelous said:
Is the problem more of bad patches or the odd bad results?

And we're seemingly unable to take advantage of when the other contenders slip up,
or that we've left ourselves with too much to do in such circumstances to take FULL advantage over a sustained period.

Our longest run undefeated has the same number of draws as wins,
meaning that it counts for little.

mavelous

Tinfoil hat aficionado
agreed. consistency, ability to rotate and health of our squad has been the biggest problem, and not just last season. there are several changes this season which leads me to believe we're doing some serious steps to mitigate that, but there are flip sides as well. like poor summer in terms of transfers as well as preparation.

Djibril

is it really the depth of our squad that left us hanging time and time again?

i've scanned a couple of threads here and in the lobby and i don't know if anyone noticed it yet but our squad is everything BUT thin.

people moan about the PERFORMANCES, but numberwise we are top top drawer.

for example, song, if he's bothered, he's capable of sheer magic. sloppy first half against the germans, running rampant in the second, sloppy in the end again.

ramsey, sloppy start to a game time and time again, releases a couple of defence splitting passes, but still seems to be THAT second behind in terms of understanding and awareness.

arshavin, theo, gervinho, etc. etc...

all suffer from lapses in concentration OR miss that sharp focus they occasionally show.

when they're up for it, it's game on, gervinho and theo are devastating, shava and ramsey can unlock defenses and be a constant goalthreat like it's nothing, song can dominate midfields AND contibute in our forwardplay like an old hand, chamakh used to be our red card magnet and constant workhorse upfront, etc. etc. etc...

as you see, IF they're on form, our squad is capable of competing on all fronts without a major drop in quality.

but we ask for replacements, inforcements and such investments because more often than not, they are not up for it. not ready when called upon.

THAT is a motivation issue. they don't seem thrilled, hyped, baying for blood...(game in game out)

it's not about running up and down the pitch for 90mins every week. but about concentration/desire/focus/(call it whatever you want) when it counts the most.

fabo

6.51 / 10
Our squad isn't thin, numbers-wise we are fine. That doesn't mean the depth is good enough, hence we have nobody scoring enough goals bar Van Persie and we play the same midfield trio in 3 tough games in a week.

Need to ship the duds out, namely Arshavin, Chamakh, Diaby, Squillaci and also permanently get shot of Vela, Denilson, Bendtner, Almunia. That should free up space for 2 quality players which are needed. I heard that Arshavin, Almunia and Squillaci get 170k a week between them, bloody hell.

Djibril

fabo said:
Our squad isn't thin, numbers-wise we are fine. That doesn't mean the depth is good enough, hence we have nobody scoring enough goals bar Van Persie and we play the same midfield trio in 3 tough games in a week.

Need to ship the duds out, namely Arshavin, Chamakh, Diaby, Squillaci and also permanently get shot of Vela, Denilson, Bendtner, Almunia. That should free up space for 2 quality players which are needed. I heard that Arshavin, Almunia and Squillaci get 170k a week between them, bloody hell.

well how much money will be raised by the sales of squid,vela,almunia,bentdner...not much, that's for sure. we do have to get rid of them. but the wages those earn combined are defiinetely not used upon big luxury singings if even our main man is scratching around the 100.000 poung mark.

and i think arshavin an old head,far away from fit but still a dangerous and experienced player as well as chamakh who proved is worth a squad role are to keep.

but i agree investments are inevitable. additional ones, rather than replacing current players.

Anzac

Established Member
Djibril said:
is it really the depth of our squad that left us hanging time and time again?

i've scanned a couple of threads here and in the lobby and i don't know if anyone noticed it yet but our squad is everything BUT thin.

people moan about the PERFORMANCES, but numberwise we are top top drawer.

for example, song, if he's bothered, he's capable of sheer magic. sloppy first half against the germans, running rampant in the second, sloppy in the end again.

ramsey, sloppy start to a game time and time again, releases a couple of defence splitting passes, but still seems to be THAT second behind in terms of understanding and awareness.

arshavin, theo, gervinho, etc. etc...

all suffer from lapses in concentration OR miss that sharp focus they occasionally show.

when they're up for it, it's game on, gervinho and theo are devastating, shava and ramsey can unlock defenses and be a constant goalthreat like it's nothing, song can dominate midfields AND contibute in our forwardplay like an old hand, chamakh used to be our red card magnet and constant workhorse upfront, etc. etc. etc...

as you see, IF they're on form, our squad is capable of competing on all fronts without a major drop in quality.

but we ask for replacements, inforcements and such investments because more often than not, they are not up for it. not ready when called upon.

THAT is a motivation issue. they don't seem thrilled, hyped, baying for blood...(game in game out)

it's not about running up and down the pitch for 90mins every week. but about concentration/desire/focus/(call it whatever you want) when it counts the most.

And yet AW constantly talks about the great desire they possess!!!! :roll:

Having said that I agree that the intelligence/maturity/heart/hunger/competition/whatever is FUNDAMENTALLY lacking.
I made an observation in the CFC match thread that we had about 5 players rated 7 or above & I could not remember the last time we had that many players putting in quality performances at the same time.
Pampered, pretentious, prima donnas if not singularly then as part of a whole.

SomGooner

Prolific Liker
<a class="postlink" href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SCUE0freB3k&feature=related" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SCUE0fre ... re=related</a>

I Miss this feeling.

Anzac

Established Member
SomGooner said:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SCUE0freB3k&feature=related" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I Miss this feeling.

Thanx for that - didn't know about the book or film.

Arsenal Quotes

I can really see the light. I’m telling you I’m very positive most of the time. I’ve seen the light and I can see bright lights. There can be bumps in the road within that light, but I can see a lot of light.

Mikel Arteta
Top Bottom