• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

William Saliba: Here to Stay ✍️

Who?

• Van Dijk

Votes: 31 10.8%
  • Saliba

Votes: 243 84.4%
  • Maguire

Votes: 14 4.9%

• Total voters

Makingtrax

Worships in the house of Wenger 🙏
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
He’s not going to break the Gabriel /White partnership imo. Both those players were excellent for us and have built up good understanding.
If Saliba comes back he’ll be in a 3 when needed I would think, get some cup games and go from there.
You are right in that he may decide to push for a move with the WC looming. Hope not, looks a good player and would help us.
If the Gabriel/White partnership was ‘excellent’ why did we ship more goals than last year and lose 13 games. It’s all a bit confusing.

Sapient Hawk

Destiny's Hand 🖐🏿
Trusted ⭐

You have to admire the stupidity of people hyping up the "White/Gabriel Partnership" that let in more goals than the Crusty David Luiz/Gabriel/Holding/Mari group did the prior year. Yeah, the best defender in France WHO IS ALSO OUR PLAYER couldn't possibly improve upon that. :facepalm:

I'm disgusted by it yet, in their eyes, it's probably a win as I'm sure it somehow vindicates the "positive" change Tets is ushering in :lol:

D

Deleted member 102404

If the Gabriel/White partnership was ‘excellent’ why did we ship more goals than last year and lose 13 games. It’s all a bit confusing.

We won over 65% of our games when they played together in central defence.
Our defence was shaky at times because our first choice back 5 only played 10 matches together.
Clearly we need better depth which is why Saliba would be a great addition - IF he can take his form at the lower level of the French league into the PL. I am waiting to see if he can.

We also need a better option than Soares at RB and if Tavares can not improve, a better back up to Tierney at LB too.

Both White and Gabriel had excellent seasons and both moved up to full international level on the strength of their performances. They must have been doing something right!

Last edited by a moderator:

Iwobeast

Established Member

Player:Martinelli

I remember games at the first half of the season when we showed some real defensive stability. Ramsdale was racking up clean sheets. Unfortunately that's not sustainable with Nuno and Cedric at the back, and the absence of Partey.

D

Deleted member 102404

I remember games at the first half of the season when we showed some real defensive stability. Ramsdale was racking up clean sheets. Unfortunately that's not sustainable with Nuno and Cedric at the back, and the absence of Partey.
Yes. Agree
The problem is depth. We left ourselves too short to cover inevitable injuries.

D

Deleted member 102404

He does not just look like a good player, he is a very good one. The dude is getting called up to the French NT ahead of the likes of Konate. For him to be back to get some cup games would be dumb.
Are White and Gabriel also not playing for the National teams? England and Brazil no less.

Batman

Head of the Wayne foundation for benching Nketiah

Player:Saliba
We used to play with 3 at the back, many times, with those defenders. It's not a good comparison imo.
I don't care what you think. Facts are still facts whether they're convenient for you or not. :lol:

Xln

Get me Jesus on the phone 📲
I don't care what you think. Facts are still facts whether they're convenient for you or not. :lol:
What is there supposed to be of convenience for me?

You aren't telling facts, just your subjective bs of lies

carlito'sway

Established Member
We won over 65% of our games when they played together in central defence.
Our defence was shaky at times because our first choice back 5 only played 10 matches together.
Clearly we need better depth which is why Saliba would be a great addition - IF he can take his form at the lower level of the French league into the PL. I am waiting to see if he can.

We also need a better option than Soares at RB and if Tavares can not improve, a better back up to Tierney at LB too.

Both White and Gabriel had excellent seasons and both moved up to full international level on the strength of their performances. They must have been doing something right!

Wha a garbage take. Saliba for deep? lower level of the French league in the the PL?
To start with White would not have any chance to play for France if he was French. Zero.
By the way, Gabriel is not a Brazil International player either.
Funnily enough, Gabriel came straight from the French league to Arsenal first team but Saliba, a French international, is deemed not good enough by out A-M experts. GTFOH.

D

Deleted member 102404

Wha a garbage take. Saliba for deep? lower level of the French league in the the PL?
To start with White will not have any chance to play for France if he was French. Zero.
Funnily enough, Gabriel came straight from the French league to Arsenal first team but Saliba, a French international, is deemed not good enough by out A-M experts. GTFOH.
Nobody said Saliba was not good enough.
We will see how he does in the PL if he comes.
High hopes for him.
The French league is garbage , though.

Mrs Bergkamp

Double Dusted
Dusted 🔻
There's a perfect opportunity for Saliba to partner Gabriel and hide Arteta's favouritism behind a language barrier issue.

Sapient Hawk

Destiny's Hand 🖐🏿
Trusted ⭐

To start with White would not have any chance to play for France if he was French. Zero.

This is not a universal belief. It is only held by those bewitched by Tets into joining his twisted cult of personality.

Arsenal Quotes

I knew we were very different, that he (Ferguson) had a total hold over his club while at that time I was still more of a coach. I also recognised his huge qualities. He knew how to surround himself with the right people and didn't rest on his laurels when he was successful.

Arsène Wenger: My Life in Red and White

Latest posts

Top Bottom