• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

William Saliba: Here to Stay ✍️

Who?

• Van Dijk

Votes: 31 10.8%
  • Saliba

Votes: 243 84.4%
  • Maguire

Votes: 14 4.9%

• Total voters

Anders Harbo

Angry Scandinavian #6
Subbed in vs denmark in NL for those who wants to get a fresh look at him.
Very poor for the goal. This is the first time I really watched him play. He didn’t impress at all. Hos movement seems slow and a little clumsy. I need to see him more to get the hype surrounding him.

dka1

100% Dark Chocolate
Trusted ⭐

I dont get it. Arteta done everything in his power to prepare Saliba for the PL and is now gonna make him play with us!
90518d3e2fb00b1771c2f165757479e3.gif

Macho

DJ Machodemiks
Dusted 🔻

Only people with an extreme pro-Arteta agenda would blame him for that goal.
The reason why I don't want him here.

The cup games will be scrutinised to death good or bad and Arteta's shills will be all over his mistakes. Saliba's defenders have gone overboard as well, it's gotten to the point now where unless he's world class we won't be able to deliver.

Any fun this transfer could have been has been completely sucked out and it's best we go our separate ways if we're sticking with Arteta.

D

Deleted member 102404

Nah, that wasn’t much of a mistake.
Little out of position but showed some good recovery pace. Finish by the striker was stunning.
All defenders make mistakes.
There just seems to be a lot of focus on everything that our players do and criticism is OTT based on who the player is.

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
The reason why I don't want him here.

The cup games will be scrutinised to death good or bad and Arteta's shills will be all over his mistakes. Saliba's defenders have gone overboard as well, it's gotten to the point now where unless he's world class we won't be able to deliver.

Any fun this transfer could have been has been completely sucked out and it's best we go our separate ways if we're sticking with Arteta.
Dont log in to or read AM then. How can you let a tiny alternate corner of Internet fandom dictate whether you want good players at Arsenal or not? Seems absurd. I mean, If that’s how you really feel.

Macho

DJ Machodemiks
Dusted 🔻

Dont log in to or read AM then. How can you let a tiny alternate corner of Internet fandom dictate whether you want good players at Arsenal or not? Seems absurd. I mean, If that’s how you really feel.
Not just talking about A-M, the convo didn’t even start there. The boy doesn’t need Arsenal and with Ben White and Holding here Arsenal don’t really need him.

I’m not convinced Arteta will give him a fair shake also, he’s very manipulative and political with the subs and games he tends to give players like Saliba. I just don’t see any good from him being at the club tbh.

jones

Captain Serious
Trusted ⭐
Not just talking about A-M, the convo didn’t even start there. The boy doesn’t need Arsenal and with Ben White and Holding here Arsenal don’t really need him.

I’m not convinced Arteta will give him a fair shake also, he’s very manipulative and political with the subs and games he tends to give players like Saliba. I just don’t see any good from him being at the club tbh.
Well the hope is Arteta gets ran out of town soon enough for Saliba to become a success with us. I'd be lying if I said I cared about transfers as much as I used to since we're being run like a MLM scheme but I really couldn't see myself actively wanting good players to stay away from Arsenal.

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle

Well I hope he ships one or two and makes room for Saliba tbh. Whether it’s for the good of Mikel or the next manager.

On the goal and without looking to blame others, he doesn’t do a lot wrong at all. He wasn’t positioned great initially but his recovery pace will make light of that. He gets there easily and with time to spare, only for the striker to produce a 1 in 100 effort. One of those doesn’t define a CB anyway. What is he, 21?

Macho

DJ Machodemiks
Dusted 🔻

Well the hope is Arteta gets ran out of town soon enough for Saliba to become a success with us. I'd be lying if I said I cared about transfers as much as I used to since we're being run like a MLM scheme but I really couldn't see myself actively wanting good players to stay away from Arsenal.
That’s exactly where I’m coming from. I could care less what Arteta’s Arsenal do, I just want players I like to see play stay away from it.

I don’t think Saliba can reach where he can reach under Arteta that’s just the long and the short of it.

Kav

Established Member
I don’t see how anyone is balancing him for the second goal. That was a damn good finish and Loris shouldn’t have been beaten at that post at that angle. In fact he was the only defender making a recovery run and almost got there block in yet people want to say he was poor for the goal. The Hernandez brothers were always out of position. What was Theo Hernandez doing on both goals?

It’s good to get that experience for young players. He will learn from it.

Beksl

Sell All The Youngsters
Reading this thread one would think this is FC Saliba forum.

One or two mistakes next season and the pitch forks will be brought out for this guy, lmao.

carlito'sway

Established Member
Very poor for the goal. This is the first time I really watched him play. He didn’t impress at all. Hos movement seems slow and a little clumsy. I need to see him more to get the hype surrounding him.

That is a poor take. Saliba is anything but slow or clumsy, specially for his size and height. He showed his speed by catching Cornelius who was already 7 to 8 ft ahead. I don't see how one can reach such conclusion over 20 min either. I am sure he will start the next game, since Varane is injured. I suggest to give him an other look.

Last edited:

Wounded Healer

That is a poor take. Saliba is anything but slow or clumsy, specially for his size and height. He showed his speed by catching Cornelius who was already 7 to 8 ft ahead. I don't see how one can reach such conclusion over 20 min either.
When people think Arteta is a good manager and this club is being run in a proper way every conclusion is possible...

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
The Saliba v White debate, means both players will get overly criticized, to be honest...our fans have put both against eachother, for some reason.

Saliba didn't do anything wrong v Denmark, was more an amazing finish than anything.

Also, that Benzema goal was just beautiful.

Anders Harbo

Angry Scandinavian #6
That is a poor take. Saliba is anything but slow or clumsy, specially for his size and height. He showed his speed by catching Cornelius who was already 7 to 8 ft ahead. I don't see how one can reach such conclusion over 20 min either. I am sure he will start the next game, since Varane is injured. I suggest to give him an other look.
A short take, I know. But i stand by my comment. He looks clumsy. Cornelius is probably the slowest player in our team. He should have never had the opportunity to shoot(which I’m happy he got). No, that was poor defending by Saliba.

Anders Harbo

Angry Scandinavian #6
Only people with an extreme pro-Arteta agenda would blame him for that goal.
What has this got to do with Arteta?!? On Danish television they criticised him for his defending - cykling it “immature” and “sloppy”. I agree.

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

The Saliba v White debate, means both players will get overly criticized, to be honest...our fans have put both against eachother, for some reason.

Saliba didn't do anything wrong v Denmark, was more an amazing finish than anything.

Also, that Benzema goal was just beautiful.

Debate???

Arsenal Quotes

I will sign every contract Arsenal put in front of me without reading it.

Tony Adams

Daily Transfer Updates

Tuesday, May 21

Nuno Tavares will return to Arsenal after Nottingham Forest chose not to exercise the buy option in his loan deal [Nottingham Forest Official Site]

Benjamin Šeško’s agent confirms interest from English and Italian clubs, adding that he is not interested in moving to Saudi Arabia [Evening Standard]

Arsenal have sent scouts to watch Benfica midfielder Joao Neves multiple times [Fabrizio Romano]

Arsenal have joined Manchester United in the race to sign Rennes’ 18 year old attacking midfielder Desire Doue [Ouest-France]

Latest posts

Top Bottom