• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

William Saliba (Out)

Status
Not open for further replies.

OnlyOne

🎙️ Future Journalist
Trusted ⭐

People going over the top yet again, managements been poor and we're going to try make up for it. He'll go on loan, come back and be involved in the team next year.

GDeep™

League is very weak
People going over the top yet again, managements been poor and we're going to try make up for it. He'll go on loan, come back and be involved in the team next year.
He’ll get sold in the summer and we’ll spend that cash on a more established player.

Moleque

There is nothing bizarre about this at all.

This is a 19 year old who right or wrongly the coaching staff has deemed not ready or better than the current options. That is it. I don't agree with the decision and there are obviously going to be factors that play into why he hasn't been given any game time but the most obvious one which we have been told indirectly multiple times is he isn't ready.

If it wasn't for the media manipulating stories and Arsenal fans being gullible then this wouldn't be a topic of conversation every second week but its been clear since the outset that Arteta had more trust in other players and the defence hasn't been bad enough for that trust to waiver.

It is not uncommon for a 19 year old to not be ready for PL football and it especially its uncommon for a manager to trust more experienced defenders. We rate his talent high enough to give him the no.4 shirt and strip another player of it in doing so, while we have also put a great deal of emphasis on him being treated properly on his loan which is a big reason for his return to St.Ettienne failing through last season after lockdown. We've done similar for ESR with Huddersfield and Mavropanos at Stuggart. Just because he isn't been rushed into a defence that doesn't need fixing doesn't mean we don't rate him long term.
What's this? A sensible response? But this is AM - there needs to be a conspiracy theory involved. Why use Occam's Razor when convoluted gibberish is so much more fun.

Sanchez11

Nobody Is Coming!

The job of Arteta and Edu is to get results today, if they don’t have the time or patience to develop a 19 year old CB you have to respect that.

You question the club here. You chop and change constantly, spend money, sign players and there is no plan or direction.

Raul signs some young players, we sack Raul and give the club to Edu and Arteta who now want to sell the young players. That’s on the club.
Shocking tbh what happend to promoting youth and all that. We had to loan this kid back and wait and wSnt cheap either.

dashsnow17

Doesn’t Rate Any Of Our Attackers
Trusted ⭐

Or maybe he and his agents have no faith in the club as a long-term home for his career and are looking for a route out. Wouldn't surprise me, they probably regret choosing us in the first place.

OnlyOne

🎙️ Future Journalist
Trusted ⭐

He’ll get sold in the summer and we’ll spend that cash on a more established player.

So you think we'll take a loss on a potential WC player just to spend more money on someone experienced? We ain't getting 30M for him either.

Also Saliba doesn't have to be first name on the team sheet, he just needs to be involved which he could easily be next year.

GDeep™

League is very weak
So you think we'll take a loss on a potential WC player just to spend more money on someone experienced? We ain't getting 30M for him either.

Also Saliba doesn't have to be first name on the team sheet, he just needs to be involved which he could easily be next year.
I think Arteta would rather have an experienced more reliable defender to bank on, and the only way that could be possible is by selling Saliba who still needs a lot of work.

I think we’ll find some club to give our money back for him, his reputation is massive.

French sources are saying the club have discussed a permanent sale with his people. He’s a player from a previous regime, just like Pepe, the current regime have no sort of investment or duty to these guys.

OnlyOne

🎙️ Future Journalist
Trusted ⭐

I think Arteta would rather have an experienced more reliable defender to bank on, and the only way that could be possible is by selling Saliba who still needs a lot of work.

I think we’ll find some club to give our money back for him, his reputation is massive.

French sources are saying the club have discussed a permanent sale with his people. He’s a player from a previous regime, just like Pepe, the current regime have no sort of investment or duty to these guys.

But he's an asset which you don't need to sell at all, we can easily bring in a more experienced defender and not kill his development. Problem is we messed up this year because we have far too many CB's and couldn't offload them.

He's had a difficult year and may not have been ready for football and as you say Arteta has favoured the more experienced guys but that doesn't mean he'll do it next year with a thinner squad.

I have been analyzing this situation over the holidays and there is something missing from this whole story. There is a missing link. Something obvious we should be seen but maybe a bit more difficult to find a proof for it.

But my verdict, there is something missing here. This makes zero sense without the missing link.

GDeep™

League is very weak
But he's an asset which you don't need to sell at all, we can easily bring in a more experienced defender and not kill his development. Problem is we messed up this year because we have far too many CB's and couldn't offload them.

He's had a difficult year and may not have been ready for football and as you say Arteta has favoured the more experienced guys but that doesn't mean he'll do it next year with a thinner squad.
Funds will be bottom of the barrel if we don’t win the EL and get CL. We can’t rebuild the midfield AND sign the experienced CB Arteta wants without making sales - for me AMN, Nelson, Guendouzi, Saliba will all be sold.

Arteta hasn’t even given him a minute this season, even Chambers got minutes after being injured for two years.

OnlyOne

🎙️ Future Journalist
Trusted ⭐

Funds will be bottom of the barrel if we don’t win the EL and get CL. We can’t rebuild the midfield AND sign the experienced CB Arteta wants without making sales - for me AMN, Nelson, Guendouzi, Saliba will all be sold.

Arteta hasn’t even given him a minute this season, even Chambers got minutes after being injured for two years.

Then why buy a new CB? Extend Luiz? Extend Mustafi if he prefers experience, they have plenty. Look at players leaving. Sokratis, Kola, Özil, Mustafi, Elneny, Xhaka, Lacazette, Torreira, Guendouzi.

There's enough crap in this squad to make funds.

Holding, Gabirel, New CB, Mari + Saliba is a fine amount of CB's to have for a season.

Funds will be bottom of the barrel if we don’t win the EL and get CL.

I said after Pepe's transfer he had to come good instantly. Otherwise, we are looking at an 80 M transfer deal that will impact the next 3-4 transfer windows for us. Worrying about time.

We also have to keep asking what we are missing in this whole Saliba saga. I said before the season he wasn't gonna be a starter and got attacked and abused on here for saying that but I honestly didn't think he was that bad that he couldn't get a at least couple of starts before the new year.

Gabriel has got a lot of starts and he has looked shaky tbh. Look at him get an instant start now even if he went to a party and got covid in vital times for the club.

GDeep™

League is very weak
Then why buy a new CB? Extend Luiz? Extend Mustafi if he prefers experience, they have plenty. Look at players leaving. Sokratis, Kola, Özil, Mustafi, Elneny, Xhaka, Lacazette, Torreira, Guendouzi.

There's enough crap in this squad to make funds.

Holding, Gabirel, New CB, Mari + Saliba is a fine amount of CB's to have for a season.
They don’t want to extend trash, I think the plan is to highlight a top partner for Gabriel - Konate, Upamacano have been mentioned.

Most of the guys you mentioned will leave for free.

blaze_of_glory

You have to say the 100M invested in Pepe and Saliba is highly questionable now. You don’t sign a CB for 25M and don’t see him kick a ball for two years - at a club with limited finances and no top defenders.
Yeah, dropping 30m on a player who you then determine isn't ready is absolutely shocking. Scouting is supposed to tell that before you buy at that price.

14Henry

Looking for receipts 👀
Yeah, dropping 30m on a player who you then determine isn't ready is absolutely shocking. Scouting is supposed to tell that before you buy at that price.

He was deemed better than Fofana. Fofana has proved more than capable to player PL football and EL. He's basically same age not like he's 3 years older.

There cannot be that much difference in level that one is starting for a top 4-5 side and one is playing kids football.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

When you give success to stupid people, it makes them more stupid sometimes and not more intelligent.

Arsène Wenger
Top Bottom