• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

William Saliba (Out)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Macho

Documenting your downfall 🎥
Dusted 🔻

Sigh... We're selling him aren't we?
Tbh I seriously doubt it - but this treatment puzzles me.

The boy had personal stuff going on and you stick a bib on him and put him in U23s, whilst including jokers in the squad instead :lol:

I grow more tired with this club by the day. There’s more to this than we know for sure - the Carabao Cup comments were interesting.

Tom349

This would all be fine arguments hadn't the guy already train with 1st team prior to the season, was included in the 1st team squad over summer. Not to mention we stsrved him off an important cup final to "protect our asset", apparently planning long term.

Then what? We ****ed him over once, twice but screwing up a loan deal, then third time when we didn't register him to EL.

Meanwhile guys who we're looking to offload are racking up minutes playing against plodders while we waste this guy's development years and destroying his confidence and value.

So in other words, we saw him up close and deemed him not ready. You don't have to agree with that assessment but that is ultimately what the club has decided. All this other conjecture is just that, stories to suit peoples agenda either way.

He has missed out on playing around 600 minutes for the club, not really affecting his development and his value won't have changed. If anything if the coaching staff were proven right that he isn't ready and come in and made mistakes his value would be affected more. But that is speculation.

What we do know, is our defence really hasn't been that big of an issue this season and central pairings of 19 and 23 years of age don't exist in the Premier League. But most of all Arteta has said multiple times that he isn't ready and thats what it comes down too. All this rubbish about stuff behind the scenes and him not being an Arteta signing therefore not rating him or attitude issues is all a load of BS. He will go out on loan and either improve of his the weaknesses the coaching staff has identified and be ready for first team minutes next season or he will potentially face another loan until such time as he is ready.

The point being is Saliba is a long term prospect more than anything, playing in a position where many defenders don't peak until their late twenties and we have no reason to rush him. I understand why Arsenal fans would rather watch him than someone like Mustafi and he should have been included in the EL squad but it shouldn't be hard to understand why he is not getting game time beyond that.

field442

Hates Journalists Named James
Trusted ⭐
Tbh I seriously doubt it - but this treatment puzzles me.

The boy had personal stuff going on and you stick a bib on him and put him in U23s, whilst including jokers in the squad instead :lol:

I grow more tired with this club by the day. There’s more to this than we know for sure - the Carabao Cup comments were interesting.

I have doubts they want to sell him as well, but with this news of a new deal for Holding and Ornstein saying the club are looking to sign another right sided CB where does that leave Saliba? Personally I think it should be Saliba partnering Gabriel at the start of next season but Arteta seems to have other ideas.

berric

Established Member

Player:Trossard
So in other words, we saw him up close and deemed him not ready. You don't have to agree with that assessment but that is ultimately what the club has decided. All this other conjecture is just that, stories to suit peoples agenda either way.

He trained with the team the entire summer and featured in a first pre-season match so he was ready then. If the club saw he wasn't ready why haven't they arranged the loan sooner?

Deemed him not ready for what anyway? What is this club's ambition that a highly-rated young defender isn't ready for?

We aren't mounting a title challenge anytime soon, nor we're going anywhere with Luiz, Mustafi, and Kola who racked some 15 appearances between them during the season.

Nobody saying he should be a EPL starter at 19. But he wasn't ready for an odd league cup game or 6 matches against plodders in Europa? Give me a break.

GDeep™

League is very weak
What does that say about Arteta?
The job of Arteta and Edu is to get results today, if they don’t have the time or patience to develop a 19 year old CB you have to respect that.

You question the club here. You chop and change constantly, spend money, sign players and there is no plan or direction.

Raul signs some young players, we sack Raul and give the club to Edu and Arteta who now want to sell the young players. That’s on the club.

field442

Trusted ⭐
The job of Arteta and Edu is to get results today, if they don’t have the time or patience to develop a 19 year old CB you have to respect that.

You question the club here. You chop and change constantly, spend money, sign players and there is no plan or direction.

Raul signs some young players, we sack Raul and give the club to Edu and Arteta who now want to sell the young players. That’s on the club.

This isn’t true though. Edu’s job is looking beyond the now. It’s Arteta who should be looking at the present day.

Sebastes

Statbomb Merchant
Trusted ⭐

Why do people keep asking “what’s going on omg” ffs? It’s abit obvious, Arteta doesn’t have the courage or time to develop him.
Most likely explanation. But then again you have Edu who according to the Athletic is looking to develop the squad towards academy players and young prospects with a couple of star players. He and Arteta supposedly share a vision for the club and football in general and talk every day (all according to the piece in the Athletic). Then it makes no effing sense at all.

field442

Trusted ⭐
Most likely explanation. But then again you have Edu who according to the Athletic is looking to develop the squad towards academy players and young prospects with a couple of star players. He and Arteta supposedly share a vision for the club and football in general and talk every day (all according to the piece in the Athletic). Then it makes no effing sense at all.

This is the trouble with making Arteta manager. It has muddied the waters as to who holds the power. When he was coach it was obvious Edu was his boss, but who holds the power now?

GDeep™

League is very weak
This isn’t true though. Edu’s job is looking beyond the now. It’s Arteta who should be looking at the present day.
Edu is new, under pressure and never had a job like this before. I think some self preservation is natural and expected.

You have to be established or experienced in the modern game to look 3-5 years down the line.

OnlyOne

🎙️ Future Journalist
Trusted ⭐

We aren't going to sell him because Arteta and Edu want instant results and don't have the courage to develop him. Absolute rubbish posting. :lol:

Reactions: A_G
Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

I believe the target of anything in life should be to do it so well that it becomes an art.
When you read some books they are fantastic, the writer touches something in you that you know you would not have brought out of yourself. He makes you discover something interesting in your life.
If you are living like an animal, what is the point of living? What makes daily life interesting is that we try to transform it to something that is close to art. And football is like that.

Arsène Wenger

Latest posts

Top Bottom