• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Would you mind if Beckham come to Arsenal?

Becks to Arsenal?

• Yes, we'll have the best mdfl in the world

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Hell no, he's a former ****!

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

JazzG

Established Member
No not really. Not because he played for the scummers but because he doesn't suit our type of play. The centre isn't his best position, he has done ok there for Madrid but he is much better on the right wing.

He is a very good player but a very over-rated player as well.

Jasper

1) He's a flair boy, too much hype about his looks and hair! It would definately distract the other TEAM players.

2) Its a fact Victoria is making most of his personal decisions for him, but football is played on the field. What if all of the sudden she wants Becks playing somewhere else later along the line?

3) A midfield of Pires Edu(Gilberto) Vieira Beckham does look pretty on paper but would not work. Wenger ball is dependent on the wingers making their forward runs to the box not crossing abilities. Our style of play is short passes and runs not exactly long ball passing and crossing which Becks is known for.

4) We just signed Reyes and Ljungberg is a starter for me! Gilberto wasn't bad on the right also. Don't forget Kanu, Wiltord and Bentley can play on the right! Kanu and Wiltord are yet to be released.

5) We don't need jerseys to be sold. We are on our way to a new stadium.

6) There are better deals for a right winger that can fit our game play better.

7) I kinda like Henry taking the free kicks!

hesham

Established Member
Hes an amazing player problem is he does suit are play.. unless he plays in cetral midfield were hes good but not amazing

tox

I would have him because he can pass the ball very well and im sure he could adapt to wenger ball. But i very much doubt wenger would spend big bucks on beckham.

n_henry

I wouldn't mind... most people didn't think he'd fit into Real's line-up either, but he's done pretty well so far...

Do think we could use his crosses and quality long-range balls for the counter-attack...

But I doubt we'll get him. Don't need him, anyway. :)

r_blair2

His work rate and creativity are superb and with time would settle perfectly in the cental midfield alongside Vieira. Also the players at Arsenal are a different style of players from the players at Real. I know this is hard to imagine but I think Beckham would benefit in central midfield with vieira and have Pires and Fred on the wings with the too explosive strikers of Henry and Reyes. I could see Beckham playing he Edu role

Gunnsie

lol no way would Wenger by Beckham, big name, expensive, over-rated. He would be perfect for chelsea, high wage, over-rated, wouldn't fit in, just another big name to add to their list.

Sol man

I don't think he is a player that will fit into the way we play but I have always liked becks.

matu

i don't want him in arsenal as he would add nothing to the flow, and we don't rely on crosses....... but not because of his past manure connection....

A

Anonymous

**** noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

the most overrated player in the world. :mrgreen:

IW8

I didn't vote because I like our team the way it is and if it means that he replaces RP7 then definitely NO THANKS. It's not because he's a former ManUre player, if anything that's the reason why I would take him, it would wind up the Mancs something rotten. ;D

GoonerGurjit

Established Member
Beckham would be great alongside Vieira. He's got great vision, technique and scores goals as welll as setting up loads.

baccy_man

Established Member
he would not fit in to our team . no where for him to play unless it was on the right wing . but he wants to be midfield .

Mark

Established Member
He wouldn't fit in at all, maybe in the centre, but I can't ever see him coming here.

Arsenal Quotes

You are loved when you’re born, you’re loved when you die, and in between you have to manage

Arsène Wenger
Top Bottom