• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Wow Arshavin Wow!

Status
Not open for further replies.

TomasCR

Established Member
irishgunnerz said:
sabret00the said:
Saying you don't feel like playing is absurd, it's the very job you're paid to do.

Ehh you mean youve been disgusted by something that happened in work that demoralised you? f**k me, you must have a great job! Everyone has days where they feel like packing in their work, and not always for purely work related reasons. It's human nature
That's actually very true, didn't think about it this way myself. Football is maybe a bit specific, but still a job. When I **** something up, I don't feel like I would want to do the same straight away again. Arshavin is a big player though, he'll manage it and do fine.

Iloveyouarsenewenger

Established Member
Arshavin is just too frank with the newspapers. He's honest to interviewers and tells them what he really feels like.

At least, he doesn't give out the same cliched statements like - We are working hard, model professional, looking forward to this and that and then crashes his car while driving drunk.

Welcome change, I say. Just that we need to interpret his interviews keeping that in mind.

thegame24

Established Member
Viking said:
sabret00the said:
Saying you don't feel like playing is absurd, it's the very job you're paid to do.
And gentlemen, in this post we see the so-called sabret00the demonstrating how it does in fact not know what absurd means, and how it's most ingrained behavioral instinct is to press 'New Topic'.

Join us next time on 'The Magic of Arsenal-Mania Wildlife', where your host Viking takes a good look at the fabled beast named thegame24.

Still cant realise it was a joke eh? ****ing *****.

Clrnc

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Tomiyasu
Understandable. Now we need to support him and try to get him back on track.

Another Sabret Classic

Captain

Established Member
The Mirror have made it more sensational than it is but he has still shown a severe character weakness here. Don't see why Sabre is getting shafted, he didn't say it.

Ron Burgundy

Established Member
It's 100% understandable for a national team captain to be devastated that his team won't be playing on the world's biggest stage. Hope he can get his stuff together as soon as possible, and make up for Russia's disappointment by winning the quadruple with Arsenal.

Captain

Established Member
How many of those who find this understandable also found Gallas sitting on the pitch and throwing a tantrum up at Birmingham understandable?

Accomplished

Established Member
Did he at any point say he was considering quitting football?

It seems to me like he's just telling the truth. He's had a bad time and doesn't want to play football right now, who can blame him?

Don't mind this at all, at least he's speaking his mind rather than coming up with some cliched answer.

Ron Burgundy

Established Member
Captain said:
How many of those who find this understandable also found Gallas sitting on the pitch and throwing a tantrum up at Birmingham understandable?
With regards to Arshavin, not Gallas - I would have found it more disturbing if he was 100% dandy after having just been knocked out of the World Cup.

Oh, and I do believe there is a difference between 'understandable' and 'right'. In my opinion, it was understandable what Gallas did against Birmingham, but it certainly wasn't the right thing to do as captain.

AnthonyG

Arse Emeritus
Captain said:
Not the same things really.

Captain

Established Member
I feel that it is Ant. They are both portraying a character weakness.

Gallas sat down on the pitch because the pressure of the day got to him. Arshavin didn't want to play football because the pressure of a day got to him. I see no real difference.

In isolation I feel that Gallas' actions were more understandable given the game on that particular day. Arshavin has just admitted that he told his coach that he doesn't feel like playing because he lost an international.

Klaus Daimler

Established Member
Captain said:
Gallas sat down on the pitch because the pressure of the day got to him. Arshavin didn't want to play football because the pressure of a day got to him. I see no real difference.
We've done this to death in the past, but for what it's worth I agree with you. I never thought ill of Gallas because of that incident, it just made me like him even more.

And I understand how Arshavin feels too. People aren't machines. I just hope he's able to cope with it and put a few past Chelsea tomorrow.

AnthonyG

Arse Emeritus
I'm not sure I want to open up this can of worms Captain, especially seeing as Gallas is doing better in that regard, but I see it differently in a couple of minor respects.

First, the time and place - Arshavin's reaction came after not during a match. Second, actions versus words - unless Arshavin actually gives up football it's just words (well, feelings too I guess) unless we count not starting versus Sunderland.

Anyhow, I'm sure he'll be up for it tomorrow, because, yeah, if this does actually affect how he plays in the immediate, mid and long term then it is problematic and I'd change my view on what I currently consider to be a hasty emotional response.

He'll soon realise that winning stuff with AFC will be the best cure for his blues.

Captain

Established Member
AnthonyG said:
First, the time and place - Arshavin's reaction came after not during a match. Second, actions versus words - unless Arshavin actually gives up football it's just words (well, feelings too I guess) unless we count not starting versus Sunderland.

That's exactly it, he has admitted that he pretty much told his coach that he didn't want to/wouldn't play; something which Wenger seems to have backed up in his own conference.

The idea of retiring is neither here nor there.

ultradoc

Established Member
He is also a guy who believes women shouldn't be allowed to drive.

He just puts his thoughts into words honestly...perhaps he was just trying to communicate how distraught he was, instead of trying to say he really wanted to quit football. I thought it was tabloids' duty to **** up such stories and find pointless topics for discussion.
At least leave the bashing until if he really goes AWOL in the match now. He is your player if you haven't noticed.

wow people wow.

fabo

6.51 / 10
He didn't exactly perform over the 2 legs with Slovenia and neither did Russia. Get over it lad.

Seemed to be working hard against Liege so no worries.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

This is a big moment of happiness...we waited a long time for this and the happiness is linked sometimes with the suffering, and the time that you have to wait....this was more important than all the other (trophies) we have twice won the double, but were not under pressure then like we were today.

Arsène Wenger, on winning the 2014 FA Cup
Top Bottom