• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Wright-Phillips and Arsenal

• Thread starter Anonymous
  • Start date
  • Replies 72
  • Views 2,562
A

Anonymous

I really hope Arsène is intrested in Wright-Phillips i've been so impressed with his proformances for Man City this season.

He has pace, an abundance of skill and would definatly be a better option for now and the future then Lauren.

The question is does he have the same affinaty to Arsenal as his dad had,and dose Arsène want him,and i guess will Man City sell,
as they say i guess time will tell,but i think he would give us a whole new dimention going forward and would allow us to be an equal potent threat from the right as well as the left.

A

Anonymous

kajej said:
Huh?! Wright-Phillips RB? Hes a striker isn't he.
well he plays at right back for citeeh,and hell if thats an issue,have alook at Lauren hes a right sided midfielder,Henry a winger,ect ect

GoonerGurjit

Established Member
Wright-Phillips would be a great signing for Arsenal. He's got a lot of pace and power which are two of the main things Wenger looks for in a player. I think his best position is wide-right.

Adam

Established Member
Wright-Phillips is not good enough for Arsenal, and if he is - what happened to Jermaine Pennant?

...and if he were to play RB for us, it would considerably weaken our defence.

Mark

Established Member
He's a good player, but he's not a good RB. He's better in RM, if he performs like he has this season or even beter for another whole season maybe we could consider signing him. He does look talented, but not quite special enough for a club like this.

Beany

ITK
Trusted ⭐

I've certainly admired his performances for City this season but frankly, if he wasn't Wrighty's adopted son, I don't think we'd be talking too much about signing him.

r_blair2

Think of the money we would raise if we bought him with fans buying shirts with WRIGHT-PHILIPS on the back. Good financial buy I say 8)

A

Anonymous

Fantastic little player, with little the key word.

Is not an Arsenal player though.

AFCG7

Established Member
Definitely not at RB.. Right side of midfield or right wing maybe..
I would give him a try if the price was right

jaygooner

Looks good on the right side of midfield, even better on the wing. He sems to have a better attitude than Pennant could be one for the future.

namliam

Can't see Wright-Phillips coming to Arsenal...his performances have stood out within a terrible man city side but he still looks a raw..and whilst arsenal have plenty of players who are not so technically skilled but athletic and powerful (campbell, toure) they are defensive players...arsenal's attack is based on pace but also technique and finesse which pires henry bergkamp reyes all have...i just dont think wright phillips has enough technical ability to mould into an arsenal side...bit of a poor man's pires really...

Arsenal Quotes

If you don't believe you can do it then you have no chance at all.

Arsène Wenger

Latest posts

Top Bottom