• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Wrighty angry with Gunners

Maximus

Cant agree with you more...

He has really let the club and the fans down with some of his comments

Not to add that he instigated the swp move to chelsea

tactica442

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Don't understand why Ian mentioned Bentley. Bentley wanted regular first-team football, which Wenger couldn't guarantee.

You see there is a catch for Arsenal. When Bentley wanted to leave, he complaint the club set the transfer fee too high for Blackburn. Now Bentley had gone, and Wright complaint the club offload the player easily. S*d the critiques really.

NIPOLOPO

Established Member
I really don't know what to make of it really, one day he comes and criticise the team in THEsun.

next he begs Arsenal.com to interview him, and he explains, he is being misquoted, and now this! What now? maybe he didn't mean what he said, next excuse:

Ian: those **** talksport bastards, they put me in the tight situation and forced me to say the stuff that I said. BTW I’m a loyal arsenal fan, but I like spuds a bit more and I think, I made a right decision in regards of my son.

He is really hilarious, this just shows what people do to be on TV. Selling even there own team and fans! :roll:

Kenyonhater

Maybe he's bitter about losing his place to Anelka during his final season and not getting on in the '98 Cup Final.

USArsenal

H.Y.I.C.
he may be a "legend" in some people's eyes, but i honestly could care less what he has to say anymore.. thanks for the memories while you were here Wrighty, but now you can **** off!

maybe if he whisked his son to OUR club instead of the Chavs, he might actually PLAY in the English WC team instead of watching it on the telly... (or at most from the bench, IF he makes the squad)

Courier

shaz said:
wtf, maybe if you and your money grabbing ego persuade your son to go to chelski, we might have one him playing instead of pires. ******!

Wrighty said himself that if he was playing now he would have to consider Chelski over us, when SWP made his move. Sure in an ideal world it would be great to have more British players.But as seen when the best become available like SWP then the criminals get involved and the players price doubles! fact is Wrighty had you advised SWP to turn down Chelski we may have got him for 12-15 million and your son would ALREADY have booked his world cup place and stand on the verge of creating history for us in the CL!

Aussie

Established Member
USArsenal said:
he may be a "legend" in some people's eyes, but i honestly could care less what he has to say anymore.. thanks for the memories while you were here Wrighty, but now you can f**k off!

maybe if he whisked his son to OUR club instead of the Chavs, he might actually PLAY in the English WC team instead of watching it on the telly... (or at most from the bench, IF he makes the squad)

Really ive got no problems with what he says. Half the time its just the press making a mountain out of a molehill. Half the time is just Wrighty being Wrighty so just sit back and laugh. He loves Arsenal thats clear and he will always be a Legend in my eyes.

Tegh

Established Member
Aussie said:
Really ive got no problems with what he says. Half the time its just the press making a mountain out of a molehill. Half the time is just Wrighty being Wrighty so just sit back and laugh. He loves Arsenal thats clear and he will always be a Legend in my eyes.
Q to the FT.

Supamac

What, man cant have his say??? I've read untold amount of bollox slating asenal on this forum from some of you lot which is far more ridiculous than anything wrightys ever said! and your **** is never twisted by the press.

Wright is an arsenal ledgend and a top man and he loves the club!

Aussie

Established Member
Tegh said:
Aussie said:
Q to the FT.

Ive no idea what that means. But thanks.

As Arsenal fans you will be very quick to dismiss the significance of havinf no English players in your starting XI, and as Sp**s fans we will be eager to pick up on it.

But you seem to refuse to acknowledge that it harms the image of your club, despite the fact that you are one of the best footballing sides in the premiership, the way foreign players dominate your squad is something of a stigma.

If Ian Wright did say that he would like Sp**s to qualify for the champions league (although I doubt he said this explicitly), I don't see what the big deal is.

Have none of you watched him as a pundit on England games? Firstly he is extremely passionate about the national side, and secondly he always speaks his mind. I wouldn't be suprised at all is Lineker et al had similar reservations about the current Arsenal team.

Perhaps this is an aspect of your club that deserves criticism, but I don't think any of this should count against Wright as an Arsenal legend, the club is quite different to the one he left.

Aussie

Established Member
El_Strict@SpursCommunity said:
As Arsenal fans you will be very quick to dismiss the significance of havinf no English players in your starting XI, and as Sp**s fans we will be eager to pick up on it.

But you seem to refuse to acknowledge that it harms the image of your club, despite the fact that you are one of the best footballing sides in the premiership, the way foreign players dominate your squad is something of a stigma.

If Ian Wright did say that he would like Sp**s to qualify for the champions league (although I doubt he said this explicitly), I don't see what the big deal is.

Have none of you watched him as a pundit on England games? Firstly he is extremely passionate about the national side, and secondly he always speaks his mind. I wouldn't be suprised at all is Lineker et al had similar reservations about the current Arsenal team.

Perhaps this is an aspect of your club that deserves criticism, but I don't think any of this should count against Wright as an Arsenal legend, the club is quite different to the one he left.

Your a yid :lol: :lol: Sorry just have to laugh at you lot all the time.

Arsenal's image is possibly one of the best in world football. Simple as that. I couldnt really give a **** what some 60 year old fat bastard has to say down some ****heap of a pub.

I used to get pissed off at the lack of English at Arsenal but lads like Toure, Senderos, Flamini etc etc continue to amaze me with there passion.

Wrighty never said anything of the sort that he wants you yids to qualify ahead of us.

Yes the club is a different one to when Wrighty left. Its now even bigger and ****ting on you lot just that little bit more.

Aussie said:

Arsenal's image is possibly one of the best in world football. Simple as that. I couldnt really give a f**k what some 60 year old fat bastard has to say down some ****heap of a pub.

I used to get pissed off at the lack of English at Arsenal but lads like Toure, Senderos, Flamini etc etc continue to amaze me with there passion.

Wrighty never said anything of the sort that he wants you yids to qualify ahead of us.

Yes the club is a different one to when Wrighty left. Its now even bigger and ****ting on you lot just that little bit more.

Congrats, you win the prize for being an idiot.

Firstly, try and read what I write, and not you assume I will say.

I never commented on where I thought Arsenal would be in the "world image rankings," I just said that continually fielding a team of forgeign players harms that image. Additionally, I acknowledged that you are one of the best footballing sides in the Premiership. You are arguing with me about things I never said in the first place.

Secondly, I stated quite clearly that I doubted Wright had said that he hopes we qualify for the champions league. Again you are arguing with me about things I never said.

And I'm afraid your final statement is wrong as well. The season you won the double we were fighting relegation, I think you were "****ting on us" a lot more back then.

Don't worry, it must be hard to be just plain stupid. Maybe you will take the time to actually read my post again for what it was, and respond with something other than your "generic and mindless retort to a Sp**s fan."

I'm not on a wind up, and I think I've shown this in the (relatively few) posts I have made here.

Aussie said:
Carrick, Defoe and Jenas are a load of **** anyways.

:roll:

rednwhitearmy

Resident Noob
Maxx said:
Ian has hit out at arsenal for not fielding a single englishman and for offloading david bentley.

He was also concerned at the poor performance they put in against villareal.

he's being highly critical of everything nowadays, whats his problem?

source: bbc radio fivelive

I know someone else who has been very critical about Robert Pires in the player ratings too...I think your a tad hypocritical Maxx...maybe your the one with the problem

Arsenal_FAN1983

Hey do you lot think Sp**s will be back down the table next year?
I don't think they will keep performing to consistently stay in the top 6 year in year out.

Sp**s are having a one season wonder, but that can end tomorrow and do you know what, I think it just might! :D

Who have Sp**s got that are keeping them up?

Davids, Mido and Keane are they english?

No!

Aussie

Established Member
El_Strict@SpursCommunity said:
Aussie said:

Arsenal's image is possibly one of the best in world football. Simple as that. I couldnt really give a f**k what some 60 year old fat bastard has to say down some ****heap of a pub.

Congrats, you win the prize for being an idiot.

Firstly, try and read what I write, and not you assume I will say.

I never commented on where I thought Arsenal would be in the "world image rankings," I just said that continually fielding a team of forgeign players harms that image. Additionally, I acknowledged that you are one of the best footballing sides in the Premiership. You are arguing with me about things I never said in the first place.

Secondly, I stated quite clearly that I doubted Wright had said that he hopes we qualify for the champions league. Again you are arguing with me about things I never said.

And I'm afraid your final statement is wrong as well. The season you won the double we were fighting relegation, I think you were "****ting on us" a lot more back then.

Don't worry, it must be hard to be just plain stupid. Maybe you will take the time to actually read my post again for what it was, and respond with something other than your "generic and mindless retort to a Sp**s fan."

I'm not on a wind up, and I think I've shown this in the (relatively few) posts I have made here.

Aussie said:
Carrick, Defoe and Jenas are a load of **** anyways.

:roll:

And I said I dont think it harms that image except to the stupid fat bastard down the pub who has had 10 beers.

And I think you know what I meant when I said the "****ting on you" comments.

And thirdly have you ever tried ironing a shirt while wearing it?

Arsenal_FAN1983 said:
Who have Sp**s got that are keeping them up?

Davids, Mido and Keane are they english?

No!

You must be having a giggle mate, if you don't think we will be in the top 6 next season then that is your opinion, but this part of your post is way off.

I don't really understand why it is important that the players you mentioned are not English, but anyway, I just thought I would clarify the situation for you.

Davids has been poor this season, and particularly in the second half of the season, since his injury, he has been a hinderance rather than a help - this is most probably why he has been dropped in recent games. He has had a very positive effect on the squad though.

In our last few matches, while Mido has been "injured" we have shown than we can play very well without him.

However you are spot on with Keane, he is turning into the player that so many clubs thought he could be.

But you have forgotten 4 players who have been integral to our season.

Robinson, King, Dawson and Carrick. Our back three have been immense this season, and it is always conforting to see all three of them playing. Carrick has managed to dominate many matches in midfield, and is also begining to get a few goals. Along with Keane they have been the driving force for our team this season.

Just thought I'd set the record straight.

Arsenal_FAN1983

Ok fair enough, but what could we do this season just lay down and die playing injured english players?

No! We have had a rough time on the injury front and this has definately effected our performances on the pitch.

We have had Ashley Cole out, Campbell was playing until he got an injury. OK thats 2 less players than who you have mentioned you lot have. Now we have invested a lot of money on Walcott, but him being so young Wenger has done the right thing and has kept him on the sidelines just for Walcott to get used to the way we play. I believe he is nearly at the level Wenger wants him to be and he has said he will put him on in one of our remaining games. I hope he puts him on tomorrow and shuts you lot up!!

Anyway I am sure in the summer Wenger will look to buy a few english players just to shut people up.

I heard we are after Carrick? If we make an offer for him he should come to us, we have got better quality than Sp**s and we are more likely to be competing for top honours year in year out.

Another player I wouldn't mind us signing is Joey Barton.

Arsenal Quotes

I think without doubt that Bergkamp is the most talented player to have played for Arsenal in the past 30 years, for as long as I can remember

Liam Brady
Top Bottom