• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

WTF - Arsenal star on drink driving charge

Gunner Ossie

sabret00the said:
i think it's just impossible to have someone sit down for 7 years and expect them to take you on your word that they'd finally get the chance after he's not only been in the paper saying youth means losing points, but he's also playing people like Flamini and Cesc, Wenger's come across so hypercritical and to be honest rather than string him along should've sold him.

sabret00the ... i totally agree with everything youve said about pennant and, unlike the hords of lemmings in this forum, i am pleased to see that you also appreciate that there are 2 sides to every coin.

in my view pennant has been completely wasted at arsenal and would probably have done far better under a manager like redknapp or strachan.

Just too add that bently is also a cocky little bastard who is full of himself, but that aint stopped him getting games or a long contract at arsenal.

The whole pennant saga is just terribly sad for all concerned.

famous no 10

Established Member
honestly, what a complete prat that guy is, not as if he can't afford a taxi is it? now what? very little cover on the right side...

sabret00the

Established Member
just been confirmed the deal for him to go to Brum was signed before the car crash, now we're starting to see why Pennant is the way he is, and now you can see why Arsène has to bare some responsiblity.

kanuuu

Established Member
Wow, Pennant was on his way anyway, maybe that means Arsène already has plans to sign someone, surely he wouldn't sell Pennant leaving us with only one Right winger unless he had to.

informed1

sabret00the said:
i just think Wenger's been a ****** to Pennant really.

Maybe, maybe not...the thing is why would he not want Pennant to improve?

It would help the team, the problem lies with Pennant, yes he should have had a run of games but if his off picth behaviour is not right they could lead to inconsistency on the pitch. I remember seeing some of the programme he did when his agent Sky Andrew was talking about him learning his lesson and changing. I did believe it but it seems he hasn't, he didn't learn the first time and the question is will he learn now. This article gives a little more insight into the whole saga, people have tried to help him even cole, but he takes no notice.

http://www.thisislondon.co.uk/sport/foo ... 20Standard

Gurgen

Established Member
This part says it all really:

He found little sympathy at Arsenal if he ever tried to play the "I have had it hard growing up" card among the first team squad at Highbury.

True, the Meadows area of Nottingham where he spent his formative years doesn't figure in the must see section of the Nottinghamshire tourist board.

But neither does the tough immigrant town of Trappes just outside Paris where Patrick Vieira grew up. Or Tower Hamlets where Cole had to find his feet. Or the Andalucian suburb of Seville where Jose Antonio Reyes lived in a house with a roof that leaked when it rained. It was also no doddle for Gilberto Silva in Brazil where, as the oldest son, he had to give up football for two years to bring money into the home by working in a local factory.

tbbosa

The guy has attitude problems, thats all there is to it.
People on this forum amuse me at times, trying to blame AW for the guy's problems....not giving him a chance and all the other excuses.
Cesc, Toure, Flamini, Hoyte and Clichy etc..did not need 7 years to prove how good there are !!
Its not about how many starts he has had....its about how commited is he in training?

Its not about being played in the EPL and ECL....its about how much commitiment one shows in The carling cup (ala Cesc last season..!!)

Its not about being talented only....its about talent + discpline + commitment+ desire!!

Its not about self pitty ....but willingnes to make it to the top!!!

Pennant is an idiot, he is blown his chances!!....let him try his luck some where else.
Now even Birmingham do not want him..what a pitty!!
:(

Arsenal Quotes

I’ve told Dave to cut off his ponytail. I think it makes him less aerodynamic.

Arsène Wenger
Top Bottom