• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Xabi Alonso

Status
Not open for further replies.

kel varnsen

Established Member
n_henry said:
kel varnsen said:
n_henry said:
Split said:
reports are indicating the liverpool are going to sign him for 12mil

12 mil only? Move in now Arsène!

i disagree; xabi was awful last season, but he is talanted...

hm, i don't know.. 12 mill is a lot of money!

Awful last season? Are we thinking about the same player? :shock:

This guy seems to be most people's (realistic) first choice to replace Paddy... :?

real sociedad was terrible last season; they really struggled. xabi didn't live up to the expectations after a brilliant 2002/2003-season..

did u see any games last year? i think i saw sociedad about 8-9 times last season and xabi didn't stand out at all. both him and the team struggled...

Loylz

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
kel varnsen said:
n_henry said:
kel varnsen said:
n_henry said:
Split said:

This guy seems to be most people's (realistic) first choice to replace Paddy... :?

real sociedad was terrible last season; they really struggled. xabi didn't live up to the expectations after a brilliant 2002/2003-season..

did u see any games last year? i think i saw sociedad about 8-9 times last season and xabi didn't stand out at all. both him and the team struggled...
Fair enough. But I never saw any of their games last season. This is all based on the season before and his growing reputation.

kel varnsen

Established Member
*Loyan* said:
kel varnsen said:
n_henry said:
kel varnsen said:
n_henry said:
Split said:

Fair enough. But I never saw any of their games last season. This is all based on the season before and his growing reputation.

he is very talanted, but i'm not sure he's worth 12 mill. besides, i still think vieira will stay...

n_henry

kel varnsen said:
n_henry said:
kel varnsen said:
n_henry said:
Split said:

I admit I didn't watch too many Socieded games last season (only a handful or so, and he was okay in them), so will take your word for it.

Like Loyan, I'm mostly going by the previous season and his growing reputation.

If he goes to Anfield..who's left for us?

kel varnsen

Established Member
n_henry said:
kel varnsen said:
n_henry said:
kel varnsen said:
n_henry said:
Split said:

I admit I didn't watch too many Socieded games last season (only a handful or so, and he was okay in them), so will take your word for it.

Like Loyan, I'm mostly going by the previous season and his growing reputation.

If he goes to Anfield..who's left for us?

Rumour on AWIMB(Arsenal-world.com) that a signing is immenient for a fee of £7.6M. probably mascherano...

one thing however; three south american midfielders?!? jeez, what about the world cup qualifiers?

calvinngai88

If Vieira leaves, Gilberto will definitely be at the heart of midfield regularly and Mascherano is Gilberto's type of player. Maybe he can bought as Gilberto's understudy?

LeTallec

cant believe people are critical of Maniche whose a good defensive player.. I dont think Arsenal will miss Vieira if they sign Maniche.. Imo Sol Campbell and Henry are more important to the team.. Reyes looks tasty... just needs to sort his right foot though

calvinngai88

I'll prefer Xabi to Maniche. Maniche will take maybe a season to settle into the team. He's now already 26. Wenger can't afford to take the risk, by right, this season SHOULD BE a fruitful harvest.

M+D

Established Member
<a class="postlink" href="http://translate.google.co.uk/translate?hl=en&sl=es&u=http://www.publico.es/134548/arsenal/negocia/fichaje/xabi/alonso&sa=X&oi=translate&resnum=1&ct=result&prev=/search%3Fq%3Dhttp://www.publico.es/134548/arsenal/negocia/fichaje/xabi/alonso%26hl%3Den" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://translate.google.co.uk/translate ... %26hl%3Den</a>

Would love this to be true. Quality player, every bit as good as Barry if not better, possibly on the cheap as Juve no longer want him and Liverpool can't have him and Barry, Gerrard and Mascherano.

Doubt the link is very reliable though.

mccroix

well he is a quality player but a **** , too..but we need someone like him.
Unfortunately, I can't see Pool selling him to a PL rival though

GaelForce22

Established Member
I would prefer Barry but Alonso is still an excellent central midfielder with Premiership experience. I just wonder if a Fabregas-Alonso midfield pairing would be too attacking for us.

stuart

Established Member
Im not sure him and Cesc are right to partner eachother. I like him alot, but he was woeful last year. I think i'd pass. Anyway, dont think they'd sell to us

M+D

Established Member
makaveli tha don said:
well he is a quality player but a c**t , too..but we need someone like him.
Unfortunately, I can't see Pool selling him to a PL rival though

They need a buyer for him though - I doubt they can keep Xabi Alonso, Mascherano, Gerrard and Barry unless they're thinking of going for a 3-6-1 formation....

James

Established Member
I would love to see him in our side, but Liverpool will NEVER sell him to us. They'd ultimately be making themselves weaker even if they bought Barry.

JazzG

Established Member
Good player but we need someone by Fabregas who can offer us proper defensive cover as well and Alonso won't do that. Him and Gerrard were hardly played by Rafa because defensively they don't shield the defence enough.

Macho

In search of Pure Profit 💸
Dusted 🔻

Good player but not what we need.
I also share concern regarding his defensive abilities.

I still would much rather Barry.

EMIR8_SOLDIER

Established Member
But Gerrard lacks composure though and sometimes doesnt think about whats around him and thats why Benitez removed him from the Centre.

Xabi and Cesc work well together for Spain, I wouldnt mind him as hes younger than Barry and as I said its not the first time Arsenal and Liverpool would be doing business together but Overall I would prefer Barry as he has Very high fitness levels, would give us more bite and he knows the prem inside out

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

At some clubs success is accidental. At Arsenal it is compulsory.

Arsène Wenger
Top Bottom