• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Yann M'Vila

Status
Not open for further replies.

Herbas

Does he has aggressiveness? What is his personality?

I think we have too many midfieldiers who are devoid of emotions/intimidation/stature/energy: Denilson, Diaby, Song, even Ramsey - they are all too "okay" with everything. When two of them plays in our midfield trio, then we really lack drive (which is one of the major benefits Jack provided to us this season).

DK Gooner

If we are to bring in a CM, that player should not be considered back-up. Song is nowhere near good enough or consistent enough to be thought of as an automatic starter at a team that can win titles/trophies. Wilshere is also a still a growing lad and while a huge improvement on Denilson and Diaby, has not yet reached the level required. He will get there no doubt, but burnout over the coming seasons is a real possibility and that could hinder the realisation of his potential. Any CM brought in should offer more experience than Jack and more mobility and consistency than Song.

We have enough potential in Coquelin, Frimpong and Lansbury to occupy the back-up roles, but what we require is someone of genuine starting quality with experience. I don't think that M'Villa is the answer, but somehow I feel that Wenger will end up going for him anyway.

fabo

6.51 / 10
Exactly, we need a midfielder who is at least as good but preferably better than Song. Couldn't give a crap about Frimpong or Lansbury tbh(I like both though), if they're good enough they'll force their way in. We can't compromise the quality of the first team for untested kids anymore, unless they show incredible promise like Wilshere, Szczesny.

But I'd say Diaby will still be here next season and no CM will come in. Really is incredible that we rely so heavily on Song.

DOUBLE-YOU

Herbas said:
Does he has aggressiveness? What is his personality?

I think we have too many midfieldiers who are devoid of emotions/intimidation/stature/energy: Denilson, Diaby, Song, even Ramsey - they are all too "okay" with everything. When two of them plays in our midfield trio, then we really lack drive (which is one of the major benefits Jack provided to us this season).

^^^This

Totally agree.

ALL our midfielders have talent. What we lack is aggression and drive when Jack or Cesc aren't involved

Warship

raidersoftheark said:
Bossa said:
Our new midfielder needs to be experienced imo. I doubt that he's much better than Denilson.

He's a lot better than Denilson. Denilson is genuinely not good enough for this level to be honest. He belongs in a mid-table Spanish club. I bet you anything we flog him off to Mallorca or something for 6m in a year or two.

M'Vila would do well here, but again I struggle to see what he offers that Song does not

I see it more along the lines of us needing a healthy CDM rotation as Song/Wilshere can't play every match in our usually congested fixture list. M'Vila may not be an immediate first XI impact but I think he offers quality cover. That being said he also won't have to expect to ride the bench all season per se, as we're always looking to try and give Song/Jack a rest when it's possible for those pesky Wednesday fixtures against mid-level clubs etc.

It would be a transfer I'd be happy with if we were to address at least one other need area first i.e Winger e.g Hazard

mo50

Established Member
Yeah, Diaby's not going anywhere. The way Denilson's been frozen out, he's a goner.

fabo

6.51 / 10
It's quite incredible that Wenger has persevered with Diaby for so long - no improvement in 5 years and he's contributed next to nothing in this whole season.

mo50

Established Member
If he was an ambitious man he'd look to move, because he's not getting into the side ahead of Wilshere, Cesc and Song. Him and his agent are probably more than happy earning a nice fat wage here.

Bourne

Established Member
It really is. I have no idea what kind of hold ol' Abou must have over Wenger, but it's working.

Bourne

Established Member
mo50 said:
If he was an ambitious man he'd look to move, because he's not getting into the side ahead of Wilshere, Cesc and Song. Him and his agent are probably more than happy earning a nice fat wage here.

Funny thing is Abou made noises a while back about not playing and contemplating whether to movie or not. This was just after his best mate Lass made the same noises. Needless to say, Wenger did his best to convince Abou to stay, while he allowed Lass to move on. Of the two, I know who I'd rather have kept.

scytheavatar

Established Member
fabo said:
It's quite incredible that Wenger has persevered with Diaby for so long - no improvement in 5 years and he's contributed next to nothing in this whole season.

That's a bit too much; Diaby has improved somewhat this season, particularly defensively, and he contributed much to our win over Blackpool last week. His constant injures have done much harm to his career, but when he is fit I do think that he's a good option to have on our bench. Especially ahead of that Denilson. But yeah how he's going to stay fit is anyone's guess.

fabo

6.51 / 10
Denilson also contributed to our win over Man City away.

Diaby hasn't realised whatever potential he had when we signed him. And he hasn't improved defensively.

The current season would be no different if Diaby wasn't here.

scytheavatar

Established Member
If Diaby can keep up the way he has been playing recently, he's going to be playing ahead of Song in our midfield. You guys need to lay off the haterade on Diaby, he has some real talent in him unlike someone like Denilson, only that injures have disrupted his career.

redwhiteAustrian

Tu Felix Austria
Administrator
Diaby was decent in his last two games, and if he can continue that, he deserves to get more games.
At least he has realized that he finally needs to step up.

dpt49

Established Member
mo50 said:
I don't think it's ambition.
No other decent club in Europe would want a player like Diaby anywhere near their first team

outlaw_member

Established Member
scytheavatar said:
If Diaby can keep up the way he has been playing recently, he's going to be playing ahead of Song in our midfield. You guys need to lay off the haterade on Diaby, he has some real talent in him unlike someone like Denilson, only that injures have disrupted his career.

Agreed, I'd take the current Diaby over the Song of this season. Although, that'll force Wilshere to play as the deepest midfielder, which is far from ideal.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

I play on the right, Tony on the left and we'll deal with whoever comes along, big or small

Martin Keown
Top Bottom