• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Yannick Carrasco

bingobob

A-M’s Resident Hunskelper
Trusted ⭐

The only revenue that can be used to exceed the £7 million must come from match day revenue, increased commercial income or player sales. The bit you're referring to is part of the Profitability and Sustainability Rules (PSR), which cover the club's entire financial health. But wage limits are part of Short Term Cost Control (STCC).

You Are My Arsenal did a great piece on it a couple of weeks ago. They explained it like this:

As many fans are already aware, all clubs in Europe are subject to UEFA Financial Fair Play Regulations (FFP), and indeed compliance with these rules is required for any club wishing to compete in UEFA’s lucrative club competitions, the Champions League and the Europa League. Simply put, clubs are limited in how much money they are allowed to lose over a rolling three year period. Clubs are allowed to spend up to 5% more than they make during each period, but any losses greater than a pre-prescribed limit during said three year period are required to be covered by the club’s investors or through increased revenue in other areas like sponsorships and match day revenue.

Unfortunately, it doesn’t stop there for many, as fans of the Premier League have an even more difficult job when trying to figure out their club’s financial health because the league has its own set of financial rules that clubs must follow. These rules are further broken down into two separate sets of regulations, Profitability and Sustainability Rules (PSR) and Short Term Cost Control (STCC). Each of these regulations is calculated separately, with the main difference being in which streams of revenue are factored into each rule. PSR is essentially a Premier League specific version of UEFA’s FFP rules, which is intended to keep clubs from spiraling into uncontrollable debt, with clubs at present only allowed to lose £105m over a three year period.

Meanwhile, STCC is what prevents clubs from spending enormous amounts each season on player wages, inflating the wage bill to unsustainable levels. At present, clubs are only allowed to increase their wage bill by £7m per season, far from a massive allowance with wages over £100k per week increasingly becoming the norm across the entire league. However, clubs are able to increase this figure by growing revenue elsewhere, including match day revenue, players sales and increases in commercial revenue. Crucially, however, television revenue, one of the most lucrative revenue streams for all Premier League clubs, is excluded from this calculation.

http://youaremyarsenal.com/arsenal-stan-kroenke-analysis-stats/

Here's a flow chart that explains STCC (the same rules are in place this season).

PL%20STCC%202016.jpg.opt882x767o0%2C0s882x767.jpg
Pay in image rights?

Also other revenue could be owners injection but that this must be tied into UEFAs rules over sustainable losses I.e. no more than 3 seasons. Without these three year period i fail to see how Everton and Wolves can inject capital and expect to comply with the rules?

Slartibartfast

CIES Loyalist
Pay in image rights?

Also other revenue could be owners injection but that this must be tied into UEFAs rules over sustainable losses I.e. no more than 3 seasons. Without these three year period i fail to see how Everton and Wolves can inject capital and expect to comply with the rules?

It's complicated. The limit on wage increases isn't part of UEFA's Financial Fair Play. That's strictly a Premier League rule that the clubs voted on themselves and they can only go beyond the £7 million increase by boosting match day revenue, commercial revenue or by selling players. It's only those three things. There is no "other revenue" for the PL's STCC. Owners can inject money for transfer fees or day to day operations, but wages are still tied to STCC formula.

Camron

Photoshop King
Trusted ⭐

Player:Martinelli
Would rather have Carrasco than Perisic. Better dribbler, more technical, faster.
I'm in doubt. Looking at the longterm I'd say Carrasco. Flashier younger player who is yet to peak. Looking at the short term Perisic probably fits right in and with his experience and mentality can probably deliver right away in a more disciplined system. Carrasco however did play for Simeone, not sure how that panned out.

Why not both?

al-Ustaadh

👳‍♂️ Figuring out how to delete my account 👳‍♂️
I'm in doubt. Looking at the longterm I'd say Carrasco. Flashier younger player who is yet to peak. Looking at the short term Perisic probably fits right in and with his experience and mentality can probably deliver right away in a more disciplined system. Carrasco however did play for Simeone, not sure how that panned out.

Why not both?
Wasn’t it just a case of wanting more money and not necessarily a fallout with Simeone?

Batman

Head of the Wayne foundation for benching Nketiah

Player:Saliba
Would much prefer him to Perisic. I think he's more in line with what we need and that's before taking age into account.

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

@Rex Banner What's your take on this?

He fell out and downed tools in certain games. Phoned it in completely away to Qarabag, walked off the pitch when he got subbed when they needed a goal then argued with the bench.

That result put them in the Europa League. The lad stopped us winning the EL in Arsène’s final season. :lol:

Last edited:

SingmeasongSong

Right Sometimes
If actually true, and probably not, but it’s about time we use these transfer market tactics. One of the poitives with Sanllehi. Hopefully tax evasion doesn’t follow.

We probably went from being the most naive and laughable deal makers to the durtiest and most ruthless in the game with Raul :lol:

Last edited:

Camron

Photoshop King
Trusted ⭐

Player:Martinelli
He fell out and downed tools in certain games. Phoned it in completely away to Qarabag, walked off the pitch when he got subbed and they needed a goal then argued with the bench.

That result put them in the Europa League. The lad stopped us winning the EL in Arséne’s final season. :lol:
Lovely character. Team him up with Mesut.

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

The boy’s super talented but is way too unpredictable. Great work from the club.

Option to buy once again the real MVP.

Arsenal Quotes

I started clapping myself... until I realised that I was Sunderland's manager.

Peter Reid after Bergkamp's goal against Sunderland.

Latest posts

Top Bottom